Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Origins Wun-Dar

Heroic Warrior
    I found a guy who does custom MOTU cards and resealable bubbles. I don't like the name Wun-Dar, so I'm likely going to go with "Savage He-Man."

Any suggestions for a description? I like Battle Ram Blog's "Most Mysterious Man In The Universe." I'm also considering "Preternian Ancestor of He-Man" or similar.

Heroic Warrior Ultimate Sorceress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Val-Or View Post
    I found a guy who does custom MOTU cards and resealable bubbles. I don't like the name Wun-Dar, so I'm likely going to go with "Savage He-Man."

Any suggestions for a description? I like Battle Ram Blog's "Most Mysterious Man In The Universe." I'm also considering "Preternian Ancestor of He-Man" or similar.
    How about: The First Protector Of The Power Swords

Quote Originally Posted by Val-Or View Post

Like so? The tribeīs greatest warrior is a phrase from the very first minicomic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ToastBrush345 View Post
    Did you contact them to receive your tracking number? I sent them an email two days ago but still haven't heard from them. It sucks that Europeans don't receive their number automatically.
    Took them a couple days this time to respond. I also never get the tracking number.

Heroic Warrior
    Thatís great! Did you make that yourself? I just realized the guy I found on eBay charges $12.50 for the custom card and $26 for shipping. I need to find a cheaper option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I broke down. Had a friend on Instagram who knew a ďguyĒ who sold me a Wun-Dar. I paid $35 so, maybe Iím a chump but, double isnít toooo bad. At least Iíve got this nag outta my brain.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Heroic Warrior Ultimate Sorceress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    I broke down. Had a friend on Instagram who knew a ďguyĒ who sold me a Wun-Dar. I paid $35 so, maybe Iím a chump but, double isnít toooo bad. At least Iíve got this nag outta my brain.
    Great stuff. That's still a good outcome.

In your shoes I would probably have done the exact same.

Especially if it was one of my favorite or on my wishlist characters. UwU
    Sign me plz! (petition for Dreamworks She-Ra toys)
    https://chng.it/fHKxh4N7Ck

SPOP 2018 & MOTU:Re 2021 timeline comparison:
    https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...e-info-(enjoy)

$35.00? That's a great price Glasstor! I'm the chump. I paid $40.00 lol.

I broke down after no mention of a re-release at comic-con. I bought one for $45 I think it was. Ugh. I hated doing it. First time I've bought from a scalper. I just wanted it done with. I spend so much money on other SDCC exclusives and Mondo this month I figured I won't even notice the $45 once the bill comes next month.

Heroic Warrior AntiEternia He-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    I broke down after no mention of a re-release at comic-con. I bought one for $45 I think it was. Ugh. I hated doing it. First time I've bought from a scalper. I just wanted it done with. I spend so much money on other SDCC exclusives and Mondo this month I figured I won't even notice the $45 once the bill comes next month.
    I paid $40 for basically the same reason. Iíve spent so much money the past few days and with Mondo Battlecat and Eternia coming up Iíll spend so much more that $40 wonít make or break me. Would rather have gotten it from Mattel but they were sUrPrIsEd by the demand!!!!11!1!11!

I truly wasnít that mad at Mattel for the quick sellout. I knew I was lucky in obtaining all the previous exclusives from creations and Powercon and that my luck would run out eventually. But everything that happened after the initial sellout was so just so absurd and thatís what irritated me. Anyway, chapter closed on this one for me.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by ToastBrush345 View Post
    Did you contact them to receive your tracking number? I sent them an email two days ago but still haven't heard from them. It sucks that Europeans don't receive their number automatically.
    I both sent a reply and filled in the online customer service form.

He asked $40 and I asked for $35. I am happy I have him. I wouldnít have paid more than $40.

Letís have no more of this Mattel. I wonít do this again. Lol

Letís have no more of this Mattel. I wonít do this again. Lol
    So say we all.

This is looking like a very abusive cycle.

Vote with your wallet.

Companies will stop predatory business practices when we stop rewarding it and scrabbling for the newest shiny like brain-damaged junkies.

I would have bought another for 35$ instantly. Like most of us probably. Wun-Dar is going for 145 Ä in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by ToyCulture View Post
    I would have bought another for 35$ instantly. Like most of us probably. Wun-Dar is going for 145 Ä in Europe.
    Ouch! That hurts to hear that price!

Heroic Warrior
    Mine arrived today. It was a pretty straight forward delivery with Parcelforce handling the final UK section and their on the day online tracking system is good. (Also they're one of the better courier companies for picking things up from a depot if you have to go there.)

He's a good solid figure and I wish he was more widely available. Is the general retail market or even online store exclusives unable to support a further He-Man kitbash(?) figure?

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Got my Wun-Dar yesterday, a very nice figure on card, I love the art, very eye catching. I REALLY want to open him and also read the comic!

I may have to cut him out very carefully without ruining the card, then pop him back in.

Hopefully Mattel does another release in the future, maybe one with brown boots and maroon weapons?
    MOTU Origins Wishlist: Oo-Larr, Rattlor, Hawke, Slamurai, Lodar, Snake Face, Geldor, Plasmar, Lord Gr'Asp, Strobo, Extendar, Jitsu, Tung Lashor

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    Got my Wun-Dar yesterday, a very nice figure on card, I love the art, very eye catching. I REALLY want to open him and also read the comic!

I may have to cut him out very carefully without ruining the card, then pop him back in.

Hopefully Mattel does another release in the future, maybe one with brown boots and maroon weapons?
    Don't bother...

https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...=1#post3996128
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 9/16/2022

Heroic Warrior
    Some of these online sellers are extremely optimistic. There's one on eBay.co.uk who's offering one for £899.99! They're also offering single cans of Heinz Beans for £10.40 each (plus postage), packs of 10 CD jewel cases for £50.00 and even the Monster High Skullector Dracula Doll (basically the MH equivalent of the Wun-Dar debacle).

Where does eBay find these optimists?

- - - Updated - - -

Kol-Darr arrived yesterday, another case of having to chase Mattel after landmark's tracking stalled for two weeks (this time on "Data Received"). I had the joy of having a package locally delivered by Evri, who are only not the most hated courier company here (a somewhat competitive field) because they recently changed their name to get away from a seriously damaged brand. (Another sign of Landmark's failings is the fact that five months after the rebranding they are still calling their delivery partner "Hermes".) After staying in for nine hours with no more information than "out for delivery" (the driver is apparently supposed to set an estimated delivery time but completely failed to) and struggling with the online chat bot (Evri seriously don't want to be communicated with, to the point of not giving out their contact number and running away from Twitter). I do actually have a login for Evri and their app on my phone but all that means is I can loading the tracking quicker.

All that said, Kol-Darr's a nice figure and a good sign that there's scope to expand the line with Filmation characters - so long as there's a reasonable way to purchase them.

Heroic Warrior
    I donít know if the news has hit everywhere yet. MattelCreations announced that they will be selling Wun-Dar again on their site. They will set it up as a ďMade-to-OrderĒ sale. It will run from September 28th to September 30th.

Hereís my two cents. **** MattelCreations! After the hell they put me through on that sell day, I think Iíve had my fill of their abuse. Iím not buying the figure. If you enjoy having Mattel mistreat you, then you all can go buy the figure. Let Mattel dangle the figure on a stick in front of you while you all salivate like Pavlovian Dogs. Iím done.

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    Iíd be nice if the reissue fixed the colors of his weapons.

Black for the gun and maroon for the sword and axe.

Talking to myself here, ha ha, but... "You just knew you would open this thread after Mattel tried to do the right thing and folks would still find a way to get furious about it." . WTH people
    Looking for any loose Classics figures? Let me know via PM what you might be looking for and I'll look through some boxes and see if we can help each other out!

Quote Originally Posted by Kollec-Tor View Post
    I don’t know if the news has hit everywhere yet. MattelCreations announced that they will be selling Wun-Dar again on their site. They will set it up as a “Made-to-Order” sale. It will run from September 28th to September 30th.

Here’s my two cents. **** MattelCreations! After the hell they put me through on that sell day, I think I’ve had my fill of their abuse. I’m not buying the figure. If you enjoy having Mattel mistreat you, then you all can go buy the figure. Let Mattel dangle the figure on a stick in front of you while you all salivate like Pavlovian Dogs. I’m done.
    I don't know if the news has hit your brain properly yet, but it means that anyone can easily get him this time. Mattel does exactly what we have been asking for since so many people missed out on him and that is "mistreating" us lol. Hilarious.
    Last edited by depp76; August 24, 2022 at 12:36am.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post
    Iíd be nice if the reissue fixed the colors of his weapons.

Black for the gun and maroon for the sword and axe.
    That would be great! I mean the real figure didn't even come with the Zodac stuff, I kind of wish they'd just done the full Man-E-Weapons maroon assortment