Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Origins Wun-Dar

Quote Originally Posted by Hazelton View Post
    I dont understand why they dont make enough to meet demand, but then make other things that are way over-produced (Keldor/Kronis) and later clearanced. Unless its a scalper bot issue and more will come in stock as they delete the orders?

You are assuming that they WILL delete the orders. Maybe they don't care at all and a "sale is a sale". I did not see Kol-Dar return.

Well I figured this would happen. All set to try and get called into a meeting. Hopefully I can grab one for less than a small fortune from somewhere.
    “It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    The backorder email has a link to customer support...

https://i.imgur.com/cnvBp91.jpg
    That's hotwheels.com support. Not creations.

Heroic Warrior
    I think Mattel learned the wrong lessons from the begining of the line and shortages. Kol-Dar can go for like 33-35 minutes at 5 per but Wun-Dar only had enough for 3 minutes at 3 per?
    I am no longer a widget.

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    This has seriously ruined my whole day lol. I just went to eBay and got one for $40 free shipping. Whatever. I'm not going through this agony yet again even if they do a second drop. I'd just rather pay more on eBay. That's sad for a line that was supposed to be "easy to collect".
    Same but i also contributed to my own downfall by totally blanking on my CC security # which cost me like a min while i had to go search for my wallet.

Id advise waiting a bit to buy, at least until orders start shipping. Price will come down a bit. This happened with Sun man, prices day of release on ebay were $500+ but now its like around $100.

Heroic Warrior
    I was able to get two. It was a very smooth process. However, I missed Kol-Dar. I’m in the UAE so swapping one for the other with someone in the US would be a nightmare. Also got the weird email advising me to contact them to avoid cancellation.

Logged in exactly 12:00. I put one Wundar in my cart. Entered my info, clicked to complete payment, and then it sold out from my cart? How does that happen? This happened before 12:03. I’m not paying scalpers money on eBay. I just wanted one Wundar. This is a real bummer
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Also Raines View Post
    We are all in the same boat. Exactly what happened to me, only for some reason mine made me verify my eMail.

It seems things get more complicated each time around. This time I got two CAPTCHAs. The first asked for me to select the bicycles in the image...I couldn't find any bicycles or motorcycles, so I just clicked on one box. Then it gave me one pertaining to crosswalk images, which it did have.

It is like a mud-run at each drop. What an interesting way to impassion the customer/fan-base (many just seeking nostalgia and youthful joy of toy collecting).

As for my wife and the last Monster High drop (which failed at the final "pay screen"), she's done. She said she was lucky that I successfully got the 4 previous dolls, but now it has reached a stupid limit for her.

There is a contact form you can use here: https://creations.mattel.com/pages/contact-us

Not sure if it is the right place. I replied there and through the link in the email.

Master of Hosting Events! JohnnyC's Avatar
    I don't understand about this email from Hot Wheels... are we really supposed to reply to it to confirm that we still want the figure??

-Johnny C

Heroic Warrior
    This was a rough one - this is the first figure I have missed.
    Sold out while checking out.
    I can't imagine they won't make more available based on how many people seemed to have missed out on this drop.

had two in my cart, went to pay, and oopps "sold out".... Having flashbacks to Matty Collector, completer with Wundar now flooding eBay, including one seller who claims to have 10+ for sale...
    Just saying this never happens with Sentai or Kamen Rider. Rarely ever happens with Transformers and when it does happen with Transformers (Beast Wars TerrorSaur for example) more often than not we get a second chance at it.

Had both the order page and countdown pages bookmarked. Opened both in separate tabs, waited until the countdown got to five seconds, switched tabs to order page, and hopefully gots my three. One to open and display with my vintage collection, one to put in a MOC Masters protection case for display that way, and one to keep minty minty fresh in mailer. I feel bad for getting three since I don’t really collect the Origins line with having a near complete vintage collection and MotUC collection but this was one of those occasions I had to get three.

Heroic Warrior
    I just called the Customer Service phone number on Mattel Creations and asked about the “Hot Wheels” email. Basically said they are aware of it and looking into it. The woman I talked to said she would mark down not to cancel my order and confirmed my info. Many others before also called and asked about this according to her, again they are looking into it, yadda yadda.

If you call, they will give you an option to have them call you back and you won’t lose your place in cue. The number is listed on their site, but here it is anyhow:

U.S. & Canada: 1-800-858-0102
    International: 201-443-1091
    Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. Eastern Time. Holiday hours may vary

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    I do think the fast sell out was at least somewhat related to the Wun-Dars that have "leaked" over the past month. My guess is that Mattel did not have as many to sell as originally planned because of this.

I cannot understand it - they must've known demand for this would be much, much higher than Kol-Darr (and probably higher than MC Tri-Klops as well).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eightbit View Post
    I did not see Kol-Dar return.
    That doesn't mean Kol-Darr won't return. When Mini-Comic Tri-Klops returned the first time, it was closer to the shipment date. I suspect if Kol-Darr returns, it will be around his shipping date as well.

He’s back up!

Quote Originally Posted by Man-Man View Post
    He’s back up!

Got two!! Whew!

Thank God I kept checking!

Heroic Warrior
    He's up! Just got one!

THank you! I've been refreshing periodically too. Got my order in! I had a feeling more would come, seemed like there was a glitch with people getting those backordered Hot Wheels emails.

I feel bad for those who already got one on eBay lol

Quote Originally Posted by He-Metayer View Post
    He's up! Just got one!
    Holy crap thank you so much! Just grabbed one!!!
    “It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”

I just got one too!

They updated the shipping date on the Item page now too. It did say September, now it says July. Dont believe the main Creations page where it says Sold Out still.

That's what I get for jumping the eBay gun lol. Oh well. I was able to grab a second anyways. Cool.