Thread: Live Action Disney Hercules Movie Update

Live Action Disney Hercules Movie Update

There is some news about a live action version of Disney Hercules, which sounds fabulous!

I love Belinda Carlisle's cover of the song I Won't Say I'm In Love by the way! It would be awesome if they use it in the new movie's soundtrack too!

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...on-1235168017/

*Guy Ritchie has boarded Disney’s upcoming live-action remake of Hercules.

Ritchie will direct the remake based on the 1997 film, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. Ritchie previously directed Disney’s 2019 live-action Aladdin, which crossed the $1 billion mark at the global box office.

Dave Callaham penned a first draft of the script. The studio is currently in the process of searching for writers for the project.

Joe and Anthony Russo are set to produce the film via their AGBO banner. The original 1997 film, directed by Ron Clements and Jon Musker, offered a musical retelling of the Greek legend in which the hero must save Olympus from God of the Underworld, Hades. It is unclear whether the new take on Hercules will keep the original’s musical elements.

The remake marks the latest live-action film to join the Disney slate. Rachel Zegler is set to star as as Snow White in a retelling directed by Marc Webb and also starring Gal Gadot as the Evil Queen. Meanwhile, Disney’s live-action remake of The Little Mermaid, which stars Javier Bardem, Melissa McCarthy and Halle Bailey as Ariel, will release on Memorial Day Weekend next year.*
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

The animated Hercules movie to be made into a live-action one? You can't be serious!
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

Quote Originally Posted by Neophron View Post
    The animated Hercules movie to be made into a live-action one? You can't be serious!
    I think it will be amazing as long as they feature all the Gods and Goddesses too.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

I didn't know this was being made. Interesting.
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!