Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: He-Man & The Masters of The Universe| Season Three: August 18th (Netflix)

I absolutely LOVE Mer-Man's new look!
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Can't wait. Although the line "When it is time to use it and time to let go" does concern me a bit. Maybe I'm overthinking it but I hope the last episode doesn't end with the team relinquishing the Power of Grayskull permanently sop the Sigil of Hiss or for some other reason then go back to their lives. It's something you see often in Sentai and Kamen Rider shows. Either the heroes need to sacrifice their power to stop the big bad in the end or once the big bad is defeated they move on from being said, heroes. This series has a lot in common with that style of show. Transformation sequence, 5-member team, 1 member either starting evil or becoming a bad guy temporarily, the flashy special moves.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    This depends on how the characters are used, and what kind of story they're setting up.
    Obviously, once we see the episodes it will be easier to tell but from the way it sounds? Skeletor's story seems like it would end now. Hiss getting his own season after this season already has a snake army would feel weird. And in such limited time putting Hordak just to set up next season? But showing him enough that he's getting a toy now. Plus fact that without Skeletor, Evelyn, Kronis and R'Qazz would lose their powers for good.

A lot of choices in storytelling feel like "we got to do it now or we'll never get a chance". There are things like reducing Modulok to a sport (briefly mentioned by Tuvar) or having Snake Mountain be located in Fright Zone makes me think that writers knew they won't get to use those elements for real.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I absolutely LOVE Mer-Man's new look!
    Now no one will forget about Mer-Man!
    Sign me plz! (petition for Dreamworks She-Ra toys)
    https://chng.it/fHKxh4N7Ck

SPOP 2018 & MOTU:Re 2021 timeline comparison:
    https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...e-info-(enjoy)

Quote Originally Posted by ZootyCutie View Post
    BleedingCool has some extended screenshots and voice cast listings here too.

George Takei voices Mer-Man and Wallace Shawn voices Orko.
    Both are cool additions, but Mer-Man is a really cool design!

Random thought: Was there any sign of Stratos and his Heroic Warriors?
    Tweeterhead 1/5 Legends Statue Want List: Zodak (200X style), King Grayskull (Revelation style), He-Man 2.0 (or 200X King Grayskull), Tung Lashor, Rattlor, She-Ra 2.0

Yup... Matsuda hits it outta tha park again!

I'm beginning to think that Eldress is actually Teela's mother...

Is it wrong of me that I want an Eldress figure in the Masterverse line??

And this, THIS, is just SO FREAKIN' AWESOMELY WICKED!!

Again... I hope, nay, PRAY that there are more seasons on the way.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

He-Man &amp; The Masters of The Universe| Season Three: August 18th (Netflix)

I hope there are more too but didn’t Netflix just gut it’s animation department? It doesn’t bode well for either motu series unless they were produced externally?

https://www.sportskeeda.com/amp/pop-...sy-intensifies
    Calling all fellow Aussies to post in the Australian Collectors Thread

I'm not sure exactly how it works, but Netflix might just be the platform for the airing of the show (meaning it could potentially be moved to CN, Hulu, Amazon, Peacock, etc.) and the actual financing comes from Mattel Television. The animation duties are handled by a private studio: House of Cool, which has worked on shows that were released on every platform from Nickelodeon to the WB.

I don't know what this all means, but hopefully more MOTU CGI is on the way.

BTW, House of Cool also worked on the Troll Hunters / Arcadia series which has a lot in common with MOTU...

I'm not sure exactly how it works, but Netflix might just be the platform for the airing of the show (meaning it could potentially be moved to CN, Hulu, Amazon, Peacock, etc.) and the actual financing comes from Mattel Television. The animation duties are handled by a private studio: House of Cool, which has worked on shows that were released on every platform from Nickelodeon to the WB.

I don't know what this all means, but hopefully more MOTU CGI is on the way.

BTW, House of Cool also worked on the Troll Hunters / Arcadia series which has a lot in common with MOTU...
    She-Ra has appeared on multiple other channels, Disney Channel France, Norwegian State Broadcast Channel, Brazilian SRT & BBC play app.

Remember that She-Ra was stated to be a Netflix original so probably timed exclusivity deals?

Quote Originally Posted by ProteinNerd View Post
    I hope there are more too but didnÂ’t Netflix just gut itÂ’s animation department? It doesnÂ’t bode well for either motu series unless they were produced externally?

https://www.sportskeeda.com/amp/pop-...sy-intensifies
    This is news that broke earlier this year. It probably just means some expensive projects and the shows that "hip" 20 and 30 somethings make, but don't actually appeal to 5 to 10 year olds are done. Boss Baby is their ideal model for kids cartoons. My guess is that Mattel helps with the costs of these shows and MOTU is a well known property, so is somewhat immune from this. I'm guessing this show is most likely done after season 3 since big episode ordered shows are usually not renewed unless a large hit. It may be a long time until we get any sort of official confirmation either way. A lot of shows just sort of fade away with no official announcements. I wouldn't be surprised if another MOTU kids show is being worked on. There is no reason why MOTU can't be like Transformers and reboot itself every few years. There are tons of streaming services out there now. If Netflix doesn't want a MOTU show, someone else will.

Heroic Warrior
    Not sure how credible this guy is, but he's claiming a fourth season has been approved for 2023 and a fifth is being optioned.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post6133025

I am not sure who that guy is. If it were to get renewed, 26 more episodes however they want to split it out would make sense. It was a little odd to not get a 52 episode order in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I am not sure who that guy is. If it were to get renewed, 26 more episodes however they want to split it out would make sense. It was a little odd to not get a 52 episode order in the first place.
    I will be perfectly satisfied with 52.

Quote Originally Posted by Catra2017 View Post
    I will be perfectly satisfied with 52.
    Ha ha, until you are watching episode 51, then it’s like “WHY DIDN’T THEY MAKE MORE!!”
    Calling all fellow Aussies to post in the Australian Collectors Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ProteinNerd View Post
    Ha ha, until you are watching episode 51, then it’s like “WHY DIDN’T THEY MAKE MORE!!”
    Yeh... o3o

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    This is news that broke earlier this year. It probably just means some expensive projects and the shows that "hip" 20 and 30 somethings make, but don't actually appeal to 5 to 10 year olds are done. Boss Baby is their ideal model for kids cartoons. My guess is that Mattel helps with the costs of these shows and MOTU is a well known property, so is somewhat immune from this. I'm guessing this show is most likely done after season 3 since big episode ordered shows are usually not renewed unless a large hit. It may be a long time until we get any sort of official confirmation either way. A lot of shows just sort of fade away with no official announcements. I wouldn't be surprised if another MOTU kids show is being worked on. There is no reason why MOTU can't be like Transformers and reboot itself every few years. There are tons of streaming services out there now. If Netflix doesn't want a MOTU show, someone else will.
    Hopefully, if this is the route that they take, it will be like the Dragon Prince.

Season 4 was finally announced to air exactly THREE YEARS since season 3...

It's not ideal, but waiting for another season for a long time is better than not knowing...?

(BTW, if you have not seen Dragon Prince, it is flipping amazing! I highly recommend it... it's one of my favorite shows and a guilty pleasure. So happy that it's finally back!!)

Hopefully, if this is the route that they take, it will be like the Dragon Prince.

Season 4 was finally announced to air exactly THREE YEARS since season 3...

It's not ideal, but waiting for another season for a long time is better than not knowing...?

(BTW, if you have not seen Dragon Prince, it is flipping amazing! I highly recommend it... it's one of my favorite shows and a guilty pleasure. So happy that it's finally back!!)

I haven't seen The Dragon Prince yet, I only just discovered it on Netflix, it does look interesting so I added it to my list.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

I am more hyped for Revolution but still will a fun watch to, also I pray the new She-ra is good and preferably has best elements of the 80s Filmation show mixed with the best ones from the 2018 reboot.

Oh and ofc the He-man movie we know NOTHING about except who is He-Man.

A clip of the season's been revealed, though be warned: this is a very short clip, but it feels like it reveals a VERY big twist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3ZE6IGl9N0

A clip of the season's been revealed, though be warned: this is a very short clip, but it feels like it reveals a VERY big twist.
    Well...

We know from the trailer that King Grayskull harnessed the power of Havoc to defeat the Sankemen army... maybe it corrupted him and he needed to be stopped by Eldress...?

My question is, why does Mer-Man care so much?? Did King Grayskull abandon the merfolk because of Eldress' interference?

Man, I LOVE that Mer-Man design!!

Going by the guidebook, which I'm guessing will stay relevant, we at least know that:

Mer-Man and the Merfolk were allies to Grayskull in the original war against the Snake Men, so that could cause some reasonings there.

Wow! Mer Man looks very menacing there!
    Odd Man Out

YESSS!!!

Hmmmm, robots could = Horde, which means Eldress could potentially come in right as the team finished dealing with the Snake threat realizing the Horde is in tow.
    #1 - I thought they were spydors. (EDIT - looks like she is riding Stridor in the trailer)

#2 - I hope Hordak shows up to 'help' with the Snake problem, then the Horde shows up to take over as a segue into season 4.

- - - Updated - - -

George Takei voices Mer-Man.
    I can't find the barf emoticon...(EDIT - watched the clip, at least they altered his voice, so not sure why they used him...)
    Last edited by UsernameMDM; July 29, 2022 at 04:11pm.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post

Wow! Mer Man looks very menacing there!
    NGL Mer Man has never looked so good. Thats one thing I've loved about the show is some of the redesigns are so good. (Webstor,Beast man, Skeletor, Battle cat MAA's Armor NOT his character though. Here's hoping George brings more to his voice if he wants to win me over for not going with the gargling voice which is iconic and is perfect for the character IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by smanomega View Post
    NGL Mer Man has never looked so good.
    I've always been a big Mer-Man fan, and I agree, this version is killing it!