Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Official 2022-2023 College Football thread

Master of New Adventures!
    One of the most idiotic play calls I've ever seen. My fourteen year old could coach better. And you watch him on the sidelines it's like he's on Xanax or something. No energy, no encouragement. He looks dazed and confused, ALWAYS. And that's with a really good new quarterback and 22 transfers, including one from Alabama! If he can't beat a lousy team like Northwestern., then enough is enough. They should have fired him two seasons ago. They should leave him in Dublin. Yeah, yeah. I know, I know: If we wait until October to fire him we save millions his contract. I just don't know if Nebraska fans can wait that long. They should haver hired Turner Gill as head coach when they had the chance. Nebraska was once a powerhouse -- three national championships in the 90s. Now we're a laughing stock.

UPDATE:

This spot on article on SI.com says it all:

https://www.si.com/college/2022/08/2...ern-cant-coach

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Frost is frustrating. Nebraska had a 11 point lead on Northwestern in the 3rd and Frost decides to onside kick it. It fails, NW scores, and Nebraska plays horribly afterwards. Nebraska also called two TOs before the end of the 1st half to try to get the ball back, but it allows NW to score on that drive as well. I still don't like that fumble that wasn't a fumble in the 1st half, but Frost cost them 14 points. If he doesn't get at least 6 wins, I hope he is canned. QB Thompson did look better than Martinez, particularly in the first half.
    - - - Updated - - -

#5 Notre Dame vs. #2 OSU. Now THIS is going to be one helluva game!

Btw, the rumors about Urban Meyer taking the Head Coach position at Nebraska just own't go away. LOL. One can hope...

https://thespun.com/big-ten/nebraska...l-world-reacts

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...er/ar-AA11oOHX

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, Nebraska actually wins a game! I guess if ya live long enough ya get to see everything.

On the other hand, it was a total bummer watching the Notre Dame/Ohio State game. Actually, it felt a lot like watching Nebraska: they come out strong for three quarters, holding the lead, and then totally collapse in the fourth quarter, giving the game away. What was with the Notre Dame defense lining up over and over with a gap right in the middle? OSU saw it and ran seven straight plays piercing through the hole. ND folds and, reminiscent of Nebraska, literally gave the game away. Oh well, at least the weren't Colorado State taking a brutal 51-7 crushing from Michigan.
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; August 28, 2022 at 01:48pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    Btw, the rumors about Urban Meyer taking the Head Coach position at Nebraska just own't go away. LOL. One can hope...
    Between his health and his off field problems I wouldn't touch Urban with anything I think he's a pariah and he's done as a coach...

What an amazing game with Florida State and LSU! The highlight of my weekend, next to the Blueberry Festival for our family in Plymouth, Indiana tomorrow. Oh The Heartland..

https://www.blueberryfestival.org

What an amazing game with Florida State and LSU! The highlight of my weekend, next to the Blueberry Festival for our family in Plymouth, Indiana tomorrow. Oh The Heartland..

https://www.blueberryfestival.org

Thanks for rubbing it in Jack...

It's going to be a rough year! We are going to the game next week. At least the halftime show should be a blast!

Honestly, I'm not rubbing it in. It was an amazing game. LSU has every right to be proud. It could have gone either way.

Quote Originally Posted by UsernameMDM View Post
    Thanks for rubbing it in Jack...

It's going to be a rough year! We are going to the game next week. At least the halftime show should be a blast!

Honestly, I'm not rubbing it in. It was an amazing game. LSU has every right to be proud. It could have gone either way.
    Two failed kick attempts, two fumbled kick receptions/returns, a QB that can't connect, and a goofball blowing his knee out while celebrating is nothing to be proud about. Not sure how you pull off a 99 yd drive off for the last series of the game but can produce for the other 50+ minutes.

I may just watch the 2019 season on youtube.

Tragic. As a rabid college football fan and a long suffering Nebraska fan, my heart truly goes out to you.

Two failed kick attempts, two fumbled kick receptions/returns, a QB that can't connect, and a goofball blowing his knee out while celebrating is nothing to be proud about. Not sure how you pull off a 99 yd drive off for the last series of the game but can produce for the other 50+ minutes.

I may just watch the 2019 season on youtube.
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; September 6, 2022 at 02:47pm.

Tragic. As a rabid college football and a long suffering Nebraska fan, my heart truly goes out to you.

Thank heavens Nebraska finally dumped Frost. Should have done it two years ago. I'd like to know what they were thinking when they extended his freaking contract.

He's getting $15 million in severance pay. If he had any dignity or a shred of guilt -- instead of blaming everyone but himself -- he'd only take $7.5 million. What's the matter? Ya can't live on $7.5 million? Oh wait! I just realized he won't be able to get a job as a peanuts vendor in the sports world ever again, so I guess that extra $7.5 million will come in handy. Worst coach in Nebraska history. Good job making the Cornhuskers a national joke.

I am not against the firing, but Nebraska could have waited 20 days to save $7.5 million. I guess with the new Big Ten media rights deal in a year or so, that is chump change, but it still seems wasteful. I think the buyout was at least decreased from $25 M to $15 M a year ago.

People need to remember Nebraska is a different kind of place. Basically, it has four things -- insurance, beef, drop dead gorgeous Irish gals and football. (I'm blessed to have all four. )

Seriously, it's been a downward spiral of depression every Saturday. Even with the horrible seasons we've had, Nebraska has still had over 375 consecutive sellouts of Memorial Stadium. But there's a limit. Somebody had to make the pain stop and fast. I don't think the program could endure two more games on national television with Nebraska being a laughing stock before fans started tuning out. Fortunately the university and its alums have very deep pockets. Thank heavens the change was made sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I am not against the firing, but Nebraska could have waited 20 days to save $7.5 million. I guess with the new Big Ten media rights deal in a year or so, that is chump change, but it still seems wasteful. I think the buyout was at least decreased from $25 M to $15 M a year ago.

We went to the LSU/Southern game last weekend, and it was pretty boring. Halftime show was GREAT! Both schools are in Baton Rogue, and the 2 bands played together after both of their shows were done.

It took us 2 HOURS to get out of Baton Rogue after the game! The city/school even released a statement saying how terrible the traffic was. Apparently there was a ton of traffic of people just coming to the campus and hanging out, but not actually going to the game. Well, WAY more than usual. I mean they had tailgating and parties going on miles away from the school when we were driving by.

LSU looked MUCH better vs MS State. The QB and WRs still need to get in sync, and the O-line needs to connect, but the QB def looked more put together this game. Looking forward to next weekend!
    Last edited by UsernameMDM; September 19, 2022 at 04:00pm.

A perfect storm...

We went to the LSU/Southern game last weekend, and it was pretty boring. Halftime show was GREAT! Both schools are in Baton Rogue, and the 2 bands played together after both of their shows were done.

It took us 2 HOURS to get out of Baton Rogue after the game! The city/school even released a statement saying how terrible the traffic was. Apparently the was a ton of traffic of people just coming to the campus and hanging out, but not actually going to the game. Well, WAY more than usual. I mean they had tailgating and parties going on miles away from the school when we were driving by.

LSU looked MUCH better vs MS State. The QB and WRs still need to get in sink, and the O-line needs to connect, but the QB def looked more put together this game. Looking forward to next weekend!

Florida v Tennessee was an interesting game! Looks like LSU is in for another boring game.

Kim and I really enjoyed it.

Florida v Tennessee was an interesting game! Looks like LSU is in for another boring game.

ATM v Arkansas - WOW! that fumble and scoop & score/hand off. But I hate it when the announcers blame the loss on the kicker. Hello, did you NOT see that turnover and score when the Arkansas O was that close to the endzone???

GREAT football weekend. Even better since Nebraska had a bye week.

Our Alex, a Purdue College of Engineering alum, was in West Lafayette for an amazing Homecoming game victory. Boiler up!!!

This seems to be missing a team which I follow Ohio State Buckeyes...

Go, Buckeyes!!! I'd love to see them take it to the SEC in post-season. We need a national champion!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    This seems to be missing a team which I follow Ohio State Buckeyes...

Go, Buckeyes!!! I'd love to see them take it to the SEC in post-season. We need a national champion!!!
    Damn right can't wait for Michigan game...(Last of season)

LSU at Auburn tomorrow! Tiger v Tiger pt 2! With the way Auburn played Mizzou, I don't think they have much of a chance v LSU. LSU's qb, wr, and O-line are looking better and better, and the Def is relentless!

GEAUX TIGAHS!!!

Purdue Boilermakers -- my Alex's College of Engineering alma mater, Dad proudly says -- racked up a big win against yet another ranked team. And those two loses they had could have gone either way. I think Purdue's better than their 3/2 record shows. Looking forward to them in a Bowl Game. With Nebraska and Notre Dame tanked, at least I've got someone left to cheer for!

That was UGLY! But a W is a W.

And MIZZOU!!! Hahaha!

HUGE win for Nebraska. One bootleg pass in the fourth quarter and it was like a switch was flipped and they were the Cornhuskers of old. They followed with an amazing series that ended in another touchdown, the offense and -- at last -- the Blackshirts defense clicking. This was a season-changing game, maybe a franchise-changing game. It all starts with the leadership. Mickey Joseph was stalking back and forth the whole game on the sidelines like a caged tiger, applauding his players, chatting with them, urging them on and ultimately actually smiling! I never saw Scott Frost smile or chat with players the whole four years he was in Lincoln. That's what's been missing for Nebraska. The players, the fans, everyone believes in Mickey. Forget about getting Urban Meyer. Forget about anyone. Get behind this guy!

I see a Bowl game this year! It's a start! GO BIG RED!
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; October 2, 2022 at 02:22pm.

TCU took OU to the woodshed. Same with MS State and ATM.

I can't believe Mizzou almost beat Georgia! That would have been hilarious!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Tigahs couldn't get ANYTHING done today. TN was dominate from the kickoff. Wow!

First and last plays of the game were turnovers by LSU. How embarassing!