Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: MOTUesdays reveals

Quote Originally Posted by Fanbase0000 View Post
    Today’s Motuesday already been leaked with new official Mattel’s pictures. It’s Eternia playset for $550 plus $50 shipping in USA. The crowd funding will open next week October 12th. Will need 5000 backers for the project to move forward. Also, all backers in the first week will also get Revelations King Grayskull.
    Oh hell no. I'll be skipping this one. Crowdfunding projects by large, wealthy companies are scams, and this just further cements it in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Sorceress View Post
    How much was Classics Snake Mountain? Thought it was similarly priced. I think Mattel is basing their pricing on what fans have previously played for large playsets.
    I remember pre orders to be 599 USD. However, Super7 is a tiny garage type of business compared to Mattel. Smaller edition, less ressources, etc.

I'm sure they'll have no problem getting 5000 pledges for this, but I don't think I'll be one of them, sadly. I love the look of Eternia, and I want it baaaad, but I'm in Europe and based on recent "creations" international pricing, this thing is gonna be *too* much. Welp!

Quote Originally Posted by ToyCulture View Post
    I remember pre orders to be 599 USD. However, Super7 is a tiny garage type of business compared to Mattel. Smaller edition, less ressources, etc.
    With the Snake Mountain, a bunch of us ordered through EE and gave us a good amount of time (months in advance) to save before it was actually charged... And I cannot remember for sure, but I think also Super7 offered a payment plan of their own?!

Here with MC's Eternia pre-order is different, and if no payment plan is offered it might be hard for us to commit at this moment!
    Creativity is addictive.

The original Eternia cost $140, which is the equivalent of about $380 with inflation, so the Origins one is definitely overpriced. I dread to think how much the international shipping will be.

I also hate that they have given us such a short window to buy it, or else we miss out on the exclusive King Grayskull. Items this expensive should be announced well in advance, and should be available to pre-order (with ALL content included) for several months.

Hey everyone. Since there will be so much of it, let's keep discussion on Eternia to the thread below. That way it doesn't get dispersed over several threads.

https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...newthread&f=73

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    The original Eternia cost $140, which is the equivalent of about $380 with inflation, so the Origins one is definitely overpriced. I dread to think how much the international shipping will be.

I also hate that they have given us such a short window to buy it, or else we miss out on the exclusive King Grayskull. Items this expensive should be announced well in advance, and should be available to pre-order (with ALL content included) for several months.
    True. The problem is, once this thing goes through Mattel will have a reference point for future releases... How much do we want to pay for origins Snake Mountain? 400?

Was looking forward to getting this (even planning to rearrange my display room around it) but close to $1K CAD after shipping and taxes? No way can I justify that when I have a family to feed.

Just FYI, I have a screenshot somewhere on my desktop where it shows the vintage Enternia playset was offered originally at $90 from one of the 80's catalogs, at least here in the US...

But I agree with you post, and I'll be okay with this high price if it was offered with a payment plan, or like you said; at least several months notice to save up!
    Creativity is addictive.

690 € without shipping!!!!!!!

MOTUesdays reveals

That will make the MCX version 689 but you’ll need to buy you own batteries.
    I like all the figs, except the ones I don't.

My WANT/TRADE LIST

So, since they didn’t announce Camo Khan today, I wonder how much faith in our wallets they have and if they are going to announce it next Tuesday. That would be asinine, with the playset going up the next day but, I wouldn’t put it past them at this point.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Okro View Post
    That will make the MCX version 689 but you’ll need to buy you own batteries.
    Nah, that's not Mega rolls. They're not going to charge $689 if the Three Towers take a little over 3500 pieces to build like Castle Grayskull (you can make your own Grayskull Tower with the pieces from 1 of 5 sections). That'd be ~$299 before adding the monorail system, and a Lego train with loops of track, remote control, receiver, motor and battery box costs $190. I don't see them price gouging $200 above what Lego would when all other brick brands lack its prestige.

Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    So, since they didn’t announce Camo Khan today, I wonder how much faith in our wallets they have and if they are going to announce it next Tuesday. That would be asinine, with the playset going up the next day but, I wouldn’t put it past them at this point.
    I'm thinking Khan won't come out until the Snakemen start hitting retail in Q1 2023.
    Looking for any loose Classics figures? Let me know via PM what you might be looking for and I'll look through some boxes and see if we can help each other out!

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I'm thinking Khan won't come out until the Snakemen start hitting retail in Q1 2023.
    That would be nice, actually. I think we all need a break

Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    That would be nice, actually. I think we all need a break
    Why?
    (My head was also spinning trying to keep up with all the pre-orders going live today ).
    Looking for any loose Classics figures? Let me know via PM what you might be looking for and I'll look through some boxes and see if we can help each other out!

So dorrmann said to keep the Eternia playset discussion to here: https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...newthread&f=73 but I don't get a new thread when I click on it. Does anyone else have a link to where to discuss how cheap, easy and affordable it'll be, after selling a kidney to afford this behemoth?

Quote Originally Posted by Ka Rot-Top View Post
    So dorrmann said to keep the Eternia playset discussion to here: https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...newthread&f=73 but I don't get a new thread when I click on it. Does anyone else have a link to where to discuss how cheap, easy and affordable it'll be, after selling a kidney to afford this behemoth?
    https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...cussion-Thread

So no one is going to talk about the Cosmic Skeletor that was this week's reveal ?

Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    So no one is going to talk about the Cosmic Skeletor that was this week's reveal ?
    There's images and discussion of him in the CGI thread.

https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...Images!/page38

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    There's images and discussion of him in the CGI thread.

https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...Images!/page38
    Yeah, I know as it was a tongue in cheek comment with all the discussion being about Eternia while this week's reveal wasn't mentioned in this thread regarding Tuesday reveals .

Quote Originally Posted by optimiss View Post
    Oh hell no. I'll be skipping this one. Crowdfunding projects by large, wealthy companies are scams, and this just further cements it in my mind.
    I get where you're coming from. But another way of looking at it is that these are more direct-to-consumer attempts to cut out the retail middlemen.

So nearly $400 if it was the same exact item, but this one seems upgraded via size with more complex features. I'm usually in the front of leading the charge against overpricing and price gouging (I'm still laughing at that terribly priced He-man 4-pack), but I'm not sure that this one qualifies.

On the buyer side, I agree. From a production side, they need to know units to lock in the best deal with the factory. That smaller window ramps up the urgency to get those numbers quicker. Again, I get it and can't quite fault them here either.

It sucks as I'd love an Origins Revelation King Grayskull figure, but I won't be buying this (I don't buy playsets and if I did, I don't have anywhere to display this). If down the line they want to release an altered version on single card, I'm there. Otherwise, I'm totally happy with my Masterverse version.
    Tweeterhead 1/5 Legends Statue Want List: Zodak (200X style), King Grayskull (Revelation style), He-Man 2.0 (or 200X King Grayskull), Tung Lashor, Rattlor, She-Ra 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    Yeah, I know as it was a tongue in cheek comment with all the discussion being about Eternia while this week's reveal wasn't mentioned in this thread regarding Tuesday reveals .
    LOL yeah he didn't get much love at all. I think he looks awesome, so there's my share of love for him.