Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUesdays reveals

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    Another Little People Set!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by anytimepally; August 9, 2022 at 12:11pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Okay, this begs a why

Really? The other set has He-Man and Skeletor already. He-Man looks identical to that version. Skeletor has a newly painted face, but is otherwise identical as far as I can tell. And they just repainted the Beast Man to turn him into an incorrect version of Moss Man. How lazy and lame...

Next Little People set we get will have He-Man, Skeletor and two royal guards so they can re-use the Man-At-Arms mold.

Such a bummer of an announcement. They are just teasing us...

Bang Your Head
    Quote Originally Posted by Magna Prime View Post
    Okay, this begs a why
    Because some people have kids that aren't old enough to play with action figures...

I actually have the first set, but why He-Man and Skeletor again?

Quote Originally Posted by MossMan710179 View Post
    Because some people have kids that aren't old enough to play with action figures...
    Yeah, I think it's cool that they are making these, despite my comments above. But I don't think it's a good MOTuesday announcement.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    I actually have the first set, but why He-Man and Skeletor again?
    Didn't have to make any new tools for this set. All four figures are re-use of the last set. They even just repainted the Beast Man and turned him into Moss Man, with Beast Man's harness and all.

Bang Your Head
    Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    Yeah, I think it's cool that they are making these, despite my comments above. But I don't think it's a good MOTuesday announcement.
    They can't all be winners
    Going off your last post, I feel ya. The Moss Man is pretty lazy, but how often have we all seen the ebay listing or garage sale where Moss Man is wearing the yellow Weapons Pack Beast Man accessory? And Faker... I have the He-Man armor on him.

End of the day, I'll take this over nothing...

Really? The other set has He-Man and Skeletor already. He-Man looks identical to that version. Skeletor has a newly painted face, but is otherwise identical as far as I can tell. And they just repainted the Beast Man to turn him into an incorrect version of Moss Man. How lazy and lame...

Next Little People set we get will have He-Man, Skeletor and two royal guards so they can re-use the Man-At-Arms mold.

Such a bummer of an announcement. They are just teasing us...
    Mattel: We're the cheapest when it comes to reusing molds!

Little People: Hold my beer.

Moss Man is correct if you dress him with the harness from Weapon Pak, I guess.

Meh, so boring.

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't have to make any new tools for this set. All four figures are re-use of the last set. They even just repainted the Beast Man and turned him into Moss Man, with Beast Man's harness and all.
    Yeah but they could have "Disco Skeletored" him or with He-Man "Slime Pitted" or "Anti-Eternia-ed" him...anything lol. That might have sold me. Oh well. Money saved.

It's going to be available at Mattel Creations on Friday for $30.
    Last edited by depp76; August 9, 2022 at 01:41pm.

Heroic Warrior
    these announcements so far have been the opposite of what anyone actually was hoping for. cant believe they would waste the "hype" opportunity on this stuff.

MOTUesdays reveals

Quote Originally Posted by classic View Post
    these announcements so far have been the opposite of what anyone actually was hoping for. cant believe they would waste the "hype" opportunity on this stuff.
    There are some 2-year olds that have been waiting years for these. Who else can take on Paw Patrol and Bob the Builder. At least, it’s evened out now.
    I like all the figs, except the ones I don't.

My WANT/TRADE LIST

Quote Originally Posted by MossMan710179 View Post
    They can't all be winners
    Going off your last post, I feel ya. The Moss Man is pretty lazy, but how often have we all seen the ebay listing or garage sale where Moss Man is wearing the yellow Weapons Pack Beast Man accessory? And Faker... I have the He-Man armor on him.

End of the day, I'll take this over nothing...
    Yeah, at least Moss Man has precedence. And it is kinda cool actually to see a different version of Moss Man. I think I jumped the gun - I was hoping for news on Eternia or something. This set isn't so bad. It is lazy, but I might pick it up if I find it for a reasonable price. I bought the first set on Amazon for I think $8 on sale.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    Yeah but they could have "Disco Skeletored" him or with He-Man "Slime Pitted" or "Anti-Eternia-ed" him...anything lol. That might have sold me. Oh well. Money saved.

It's going to be available at Mattel Creations on Friday for $30.
    Yeah, Slime Pit He-Man would have been a cool choice. $30? That's hilarious.

I'm not sure that the target audience is going to care about the same details we do.

Let them have fun with their Little-MOTU-People before they grow up and become jaded like us.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by classic View Post
    You didn't think Two Bad last week was a great reveal?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    Mattel: We're the cheapest when it comes to reusing molds!

Little People: Hold my beer.

Moss Man is correct if you dress him with the harness from Weapon Pak, I guess.
    Well, Little People is from Fisher Price, and FP is owned by Mattel, so I guess ever that's the Mattel Way all across divisions. Lol

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    I hope one of the MOTUesday reveals are some more vintage Minis...

The news front on that line has been worryingly quiet.

I sometimes wonder, is this site full of fans or critics?
    Too much complaining...

Heroic Warrior Ultimate Sorceress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Too much complaining...
    It happens with fandoms. I've been disappointed with the MOTUesday announcements.

Heroic Warrior
    Two Bad was a fantastic announcement and we need more like it. Just about everybody was likely expecting teasers if not outright reveals for the three main lines and Eternia.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Too much complaining...
    Fans of course. We complain if we're not happy with something. That's what fans do lol.

Complaining about complaining is still complaining.

Most complaints here are relatively good natured. It's part of the feedback process. Evolution. It's necessary actually for any healthy system. Some people take it too far.

And $30 for this set is hilarious. The other set, which also contains 4 figures and comes in a nicer box was only $20. Mattel is pushing this premium collector/art hipster elitist experience on Mattel Creations that most of us are not liking. There's nothing wrong in letting them know that.

Complaining about complaining is still complaining.

Most complaints here are relatively good natured. It's part of the feedback process. Evolution. It's necessary actually for any healthy system. Some people take it too far.

And $30 for this set is hilarious. The other set, which also contains 4 figures and comes in a nicer box was only $20. Mattel is pushing this premium collector/art hipster elitist experience on Mattel Creations that most of us are not liking. There's nothing wrong in letting them know that.
    “Letting them know…” through the forum can just be tricky. We know they read this thing… sometimes. But first recipients on this forum are other fans.
    It’s sometimes hard to have friendly conversations to celebrate your Masters enthusiasm with people who are On A Mission to tell Mattel something or Save MOTU.
    (Mostly on the animated threads thou, thankfully :-) )

But yeah, I don’t blame anyone if they are not psyched about the latest little people!
    I just never expected MOTUesdays to always have Two-Bad announcements…
    It’s still cool that there’s always some new tidbit!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    But yeah, I don’t blame anyone if they are not psyched about the latest little people!
    I just never expected MOTUesdays to always have Two-Bad announcements…
    It’s still cool that there’s always some new tidbit!
    Yeah I didn't expect Two-Bad type of announcements every week, since we have a ways to go until October 12. I'm just happy we are getting a 200x episode every week.

I think it’s more dangerous for a brand when the super passionate fans stop complaining at all….it means they just don’t care enough anymore.

Having enough passion and interest to check social media every week and then take the effort to come to a forum and post you were disappointed in this weeks announcement shows a very high level of engagement in the brand, sure it can get annoying for other fans to read all the “downer” posts but Mattel should be loving that sort of interaction. The VAST majority of people just move on and find something else.
    Calling all fellow Aussies to post in the Australian Collectors Thread