Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Where has everyone landed on the new lines?

Heroic Warrior
    For me, it's Origins. I'm in love with that line. The packaging, the art, the colors, everything about it is awesome. I've got at least two of every figure except the Rulers of the Sun characters (I don't have any of those). My boys love them too, and it's heartwarming to see them so invested in the brand.

My boys also love the CGI figures. I wasn't going to get any of these, but I did pick up Skeletor and He-Man in the end for them. Then I realized that these are pretty low cost, so I bought everything and will smuggle several under the Christmas Tree in December in the guise of Santa, and keep a few more for a birthday early next year. I think the packaging is terrible; so nondescript, generic and uninspired. it's hard to believe that Mattel is producing both Origins and CGI artwork in parallel under the same brand. The ethos is very different for the two lines.

Masterverse: Not for me. I think the figures are over-articulated with ugly joints and poor posture design. I bought Skelegod and Moss-Man when they were 10 dollars on clearance for my boys. Nothing else.

Thanks to all that responded - it's been so interesting reading through everyone's reactions to the lines!

I did a very unscientific tally of where people have landed. There's obviously a lot of nuance here in the answers - but generally, I counted anyone who identified a clear favourite or said they were picking up a decent amount of a line (and not just cherry picking a couple of figures) - giving me the following (very rough) numbers:

Origins: 65.8%
    Masterverse: 39.5%
    CGI: 9.3%

Note these don't add to 100% - some people said they're getting all 3 lines, and others said none. So this is just the % of people who responded showing which lines they're collecting.

Interestingly, I'd say the shops around me are almost the opposite of this. There's lots of Masterverse and CGI, and very little Origins.

Quote Originally Posted by ramdad View Post
    Thanks to all that responded - it's been so interesting reading through everyone's reactions to the lines!

I did a very unscientific tally of where people have landed. There's obviously a lot of nuance here in the answers - but generally, I counted anyone who identified a clear favourite or said they were picking up a decent amount of a line (and not just cherry picking a couple of figures) - giving me the following (very rough) numbers:

Origins: 65.8%
    Masterverse: 39.5%
    CGI: 9.3%

Note these don't add to 100% - some people said they're getting all 3 lines, and others said none. So this is just the % of people who responded showing which lines they're collecting.

Interestingly, I'd say the shops around me are almost the opposite of this. There's lots of Masterverse and CGI, and very little Origins.
    Could be majority of sales are just parents buying something to their kids not having a clue what it even is.
    Sign me plz! (petition for Dreamworks She-Ra toys)
    https://chng.it/fHKxh4N7Ck

SPOP 2018 & MOTU:Re 2021 timeline comparison:
    https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...e-info-(enjoy)

I'm all in with Masterverse at the moment, although I'm not stressing about getting every single figure.

They're an adequate substitute for Classics, but it's a bit tiresome to get the same figures in the same or very similar designs. I'm much more excited to add brand new characters like Sun-Man and Pig-Man, but some of the Revelations and New Eternian re-designs are quite eye-catching. I've integrated my displays of MOTUC Classics, Thundercats Ultimates, and Masterverse together. I think Masterverse works reasonably well with Classics (the female and monstrous characters work better), but it's getting a little crowded in the cabinets. If I find I'm having to weed out a lot of Masterverse, then I may begin to question why I bought it in the first place.

Origins are generally the wrong scale for my collection. I've picked up a couple of items that we never got in Classics. I have a Landshark and the Castle Grayskull Accessory Set from last year's Power-Con, but that's all. I'm going to look seriously at the Eternia playset when we find out more about it, but in all honesty even if price was no obstacle I'm running out of room for big-ticket items in my tiny toy room.

The CGI Netflix series hasn't tempted me. I enjoy the cartoon, but the designs are a bit too wild and too small for my shelves. I'm not finding it hard to ignore this line.

If I'm being completely honest, of the lines I collect Masterverse excites me the least. I'm having way more fun with Transformers Legacy/Generations, GI Joe Classified, and Thundercats Ultimates. If I have to make savings then Masterverse is going to be the first thing I drop.

Origins - it is a cute line that I am glad exists. I like the vintage look with added articulation. I have ended up liking Masterverse more than Origins..

Masterverse - I really like these but most of them stay in the package they arrived in. I have gotten most of the figures released. Right now, I have passed on the CGI figures because it looked like their proportions & style were not inline with the other Masterverse figures. There are a few other figures I do not plan to get as well, but overall I really like what they have going on.

Netflix CGI - I love the series and the figures are cool, but I do not collect them due to the limited articulation.

Mega - I really like the building sets and mini-figures. These are my main go to with Masterverse being my 2nd favorite.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Origins - got a scareglow & a grayskull secrets but just not interested in this scale anymore.

Masterverse - don't like it, but buying some figures just for the new accessories

Netflix CGI - only getting the vehicles
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Im very sad that mattel got uninterested in the minis ...... again.
    Im currently using origin grayskull for the minis .... mixing it with mega construx vehicles and cats. loyal subjects cats works rather nicely with the minis too.