Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where has everyone landed on the new lines?

Heroic Warrior
    Origins: Only vehicles and playsets
    Netflix: to kiddie-ish
    Masterverse: Only non Classics characters
    Most Wanted:

Eternia Playset!

I cherry pick any line that I collect out of financial necessity. That said....

-MASTERVERSE: I'm very interested in the New Eternia direction. I like the idea of slight tweaks on very long standing character designs.

-NETFLIX CGI: I don't have much interest so far, but I would love to see Prince Adam show up in Masterverse. I like how MV handled the CGI versions of He-Man and Skeletor.

-ORIGINS: I really like having vintage style figures with added articulation. There's an element of 'fun' to these figures that really jumps out at me. They're stylized toys that are rooted in a very memorable decade.

I also liked MCX MOTU. They're really cool, and they have fantastic articulation, but in the end, they're just so darned small. There's a 'neatness' to mini-figures, but I like MOTU to be big and chunky.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; July 31, 2022 at 11:24pm.
    Odd Man Out

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Now, if Mattel wants to make more Origins style releases like the HM in the 4-Pack coming soon, I'd happily buy them all.
    THIS! I'd be all over Origins versions of the Netflix character designs. Just looking at some more closeup pictures (https://news.toyark.com/2022/07/23/s...display-478489), I'd like it even more if they kept a little more detail from the show models.

Thinking about it now, it kind of feels like this is how they should have done the Netflix toyline from the start - as a sub-line in Origins. The vehicles/beasts would all cross over. And even looking at the most devoted part of the fanbase, I highly doubt combining the line into Origins would lose them sales ... but I sure think it would have gained them some.

The biggest loss so far for me is the Man-e-faces. I really dig the re-imagining of him - I'd love to have that in the Origins line.

All in on Origins, going to pick everything up, even when it means going the eBay route because of the exclusives. This is my favorite line of the 3 at the moment. I'm really looking forward to getting those glowing skeleton guards and can't wait to army build them.

The first year of Masterverse has left me unimpressed, but things seem to be getting brighter for the line. I'm in it to get characters we didn't have in Classics, any figures that might be good replacements or as a backup for problem figures from Classics, as well as figures of my favorite characters. I only have 4 figures so far, but I do want to get a couple of New Eternia Skeletor to make them into guards, Sun Man, Pig-Head, Frosta, Roboto, She-Ra and Sorceress Evil-Lyn. Though I'm quite happy with my New Adventures He-Man from Classics, I'll probably pick him up in Masterverse in hopes that it encourages Mattel to make the missing Classics New Adventures characters in Masterverse.

The CGI line looks very fun, but I haven't purchased anything yet. If I do end up getting anything, it'll be the vehicle packs and playsets and I'd just display the vehicles alongside Origins. I'd have no problem buying some CGI characters in the Masterverse line and I'm really hoping they get to Ram Ma'am and Mosquitara at that scale.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Lizorr, T-Rex, Great Black Wizard, rest of New Adventures, MOP Demons, Dream Mistress.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Ileena, Twiggets, Dragoon, Widgets, Dark Dream, Lady Valtira, Count Marzo, Chimera.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by melmoth666 View Post
    I am not a fan of any of the current lines.
    Neither do I, they would actually work as some sort of completion of my Classics collection but lately it felt like Mattel works its best to not fulfill this wish.

I still buy the Ultimate's line from S7. They still have some issues, but overall the T-cats look pretty great and silver hawks as well. I continue to hold out hope that S7 will one day be able to complete the Filmation line and hopefully NA and the handful of figs we didn't get in classics. I believe that no matter what anyone says, the ship has sailed on Mattel making any further contributions to the MOTUC line.
    I mean come on, from day one and just like many others, I've suspected their "hibernation excuse" to be the actual killing for the Classics line. Which manufacturer would be stupid enough to say otherwise while being at the dawn of a new business with their customer base ?...

I would be content to get about 25-30 more MOTUC figs and call it---I would really love to get hundreds more, but 25-30 would tie up most of the loose ends.
    Exactly the amount of custom figures that I intent to get done within 4 - 5 years from now. By the way there is a topic called "A New Generation of Evil Warriors" that I've posted a few months back, if you're curious to find out what were my first commissions to settle the current mess orchestrated by Mattel (lol). Anyways, and just for fun : Origins Mantisaur / Spydor / Vintage Fright Zone - Masterverse Unmade Space Mutants / 200X variant figures / The Revenge Squad, Slither, Skeleteen and many others from the modern mini-comics as well as the latest DC comics (Eternity Wars).
    THIS ONE MAKES YOU WANNA DANCE "Behind The Mask" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6LeebIUKMo
    More info here: https://www.youtube.com/c/GlenLaroch...lightPromotion

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    Itís great MOTU is getting so much attention, but how did we wind up with three inferior lines to the last line they put on ďhiatusĒ. With all the product out there, surely Mattel could sneak the Classics buck in here and there. Either in Masterverse or even on Mattel Creations. Mattel did so well with the Horde Zombie He-man, Slamurai, and Snake Trooper exclusives. Throw a few more out there.

I collect select Origins that can blend somewhat with Classics. Mostly vehicles, some heads, weapons, and armor.

I collect Masterverse just because itís the collector He-man line we have, but I am really getting sick of that marionette buck. Would also like to see some vehicles, beasts, and a Slime Pit. And pay those 4Horsemen to help out more often with the line.

Drinking NaughtyNurse IPA TheDeviot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ramdad View Post
    I'm a recent boomerang to the site - so profuse apologies if this has already been discussed to death - but I'm really curious to get a sense of where people have landed with all the new lines.

My goal is not to bash anything, or suggest anyone is "wrong" for liking anything - I think it's incredible that we have 3 retail MOTU action figure lines running in parallel and seemingly healthy. I love that we all love different things. And I was also really happy when I looked through the threads on the new lines to see how much positivity and enthusiasm people have for them.

So rather than encourage anyone who perhaps doesn't love those lines to disparage them in those super positive threads, I thought it might be interesting to just get a sense of how collectors and "hardcore" MotU fans are perceiving and engaging with these lines. Which lines do you love and why? Which lines don't work for you - and what is it about them? Are you going all-in collecting, cherry picking, or just admiring your Classics collection from the sideline?

For me when all these lines started - I was 100% adamant that the end of Classics was mission accomplished for me. Not that I was walking away, or selling up. But just that on first glance, all the new lines didn't put a candle to my classics figures, so why would I re-start a collection that seemed such a huge leap backwards?

But now that I've seen these lines out in the wild, my opinion has shifted. At least a bit.

Origins: For me, Origins is the big surprise. It's the one line that isn't tied to media, and when I saw the announce and even figures on the pegs, it was DOA for me because 1) the head they shipped with was just obviously not he-man (to my eye), 2) there was something weird about the crotch/hips - like they needed to pull their undies down a bit or something, and 3) I was sure the interchangeable joints was going to be a quality problem leading to loose joints. But, coming back to it a few waves down the track, a few things are different. Firstly, they've got the vintage head back on He-man. And I know he's only one figure - but all of a sudden, the line is now MOTU again for me, and when I see them next to the vintage line, they really do look like faithful modernizations of the vintage toys to me. Secondly, the mix-and-match thing is actually really cool, it seems to be getting a lot of use with people building the figures the way they want them - in a way none of the other lines have done before, and I'm not seeing people complaining about bad joints. And thirdly, they're going all-in on a deep line - Wun-dar/Savage He-man, yes please. Minicomic Stratos sir? Good god yes - one of my top 3 figures. Deluxe Leech with both head options - right there with him. Wallet engaged!

Netflix Animated: So this one makes me the saddest. Because I actually LOVE what they've done with the world and character designs in the show. I've already pre-ordered the art book. I know it's got a thing for killing sacred cows - but at least for me, it's not trying to replace the He-man stories I know, but what it is doing is paying homage to them with some really interesting new ideas, some really beautiful art, and even the whole "WE have the power" seems like a pretty tasteful response to the world we live in. But the figures (to my eye), are just far too simplistic. Just look at all the amazingly detailed cartoon figures coming out of Japan, and then look at the Fischer Price (is that an Australian-ism? I hope not) figures we got. Such a miss for me. I would have loved detailed, articulated, textured renditions of those new character designs. But the duplo-level detail is just a hard pass for me. Sad.

Masterverse: I've left this one until last because I think I'm most conflicted on it. I jump into the Masterverse thread here, and people are just INTO IT. But (and again, just my personal design sense), when I look at pretty much all the figures, they leave me really flat. The torso proportions are all wrong to me - the abdomen feels way to long, particularly given the torso joint is so high. All the armour sits up way too high - pardon my French, but it looks more like a bra than a torso harness. Most of the heads just don't capture the characters to me the way the classics did - He-man isn't He-man, but nor is Teela, or Skeleton, or Lynn. And despite the price, they just don't seem to have the quality finish, details and sculpt of the Classics. Sure there's some more articulation here, but most of it doesn't look good on the figures to me. I'd definitely take the better ankles and wrists, but the torso cut is a monstrosity, I've always disliked thigh cuts, and the double joints don't look great to me. And then I look at the Classics figures on my desk - and they just look even more amazing than before. So all told - I just start to wonder what am I not seeing here? I am alone in thinking these all look "off" for some reason?

So where does this leave me? Classics is still my #1. But I'm going to start picking up a few Origins figures - these will be the vintage collection I never had with the added bonus of some mix-and-match customs. And I'm hard out on the other two.

Where have you landed? Are you digging the other lines and picking some up? Or, like me, do some of them just not work for you ... and why?
    First, I'm actually pretty psyched we have three lines out at once. This has been pretty unheard of. How many properties have had this without farming out the license to multiple manufacturers?
    I do have some complaints about distribution, but for the toys themselves, I mostly like them.

Origins: I can't afford to collect everything as my living space is small, but this is the primary line for me. What I have loved is that even at the earliest level, they got everything I loved about the vintage line here with few
    of the drawbacks. I mainly collect MOC, but if I were to open them as I did with the Wave 1 He-Man I decorated my job with, I found a nice balance between playability and what a collector wants. First off, the plastics aren't cheap or brittle. It's something that a 6-year-old kid can bash around, but it's also something with sturdy joints a shelf collector can do a reasonable number of poses on without worrying about the slightest wind from the window or the vibration of a door closing knocking the figure over. But even if it does fall over it's less likey to shatter than the typical McFarlane figure. The cardbacks nailed the vintage look. The artwork is fantastic. From the backs of the cards action scenes, to the airbrushed cells of the other figures, to the comics. Most importantly, gone are the rubber bands in the legs. When I'm on my deathbed in 40 years I don't have to worry about shafting the nieces who will likely inherit the collection to do with what they wish. I love that they've been giving us most of the classic characters as well as doing a Masterverse thing, and including other facets and versions of the characters to keep things fresh. When that well runs dry, I would love to see them keep it going with new characters that can fit in with the ones we know and love. And I really like the crossover with Sun Man. It's a line I never saw growing up in my area but it's cool. Maybe they can work in crossovers with other IPs. Maybe they can even buy the characters from knockoffs I got as a kid like the Galaxy Warriors. So as a line I love it. My main complaint with it is the distribution. Particularly to Brick and Mortar chain stores. It's completely werid to me to see people in FB groups in say, California or Nebraska seeing 50,000 Webstors or Leeches adorning the shelves at 3 out of 5 Targets but here in CT some waves are very sparse. We barely even saw wave 1, didn't see Wave 2 at all probably, while 3 and 4 came and went quickly. Fortunately by Wave 5 that was seemingly rectified but to the point where the opposite happened and you saw Smash Blade He-Man levels of Jitsu. Granted, this is going to be partially the retailers blame as well since they're ordering the toys, and sending them to locations through their distribution center. But it's just weird. The other complaint I have is the decision for some characters to be vaulted behind Mattel's Creations program. Most of them make sense since they're not aimed at the general audience, but the most ardent hardcore fan. But others like the recently announced Grizzlor is going to **** a lot of people off. He's the Beast-Man to Hordak's Skeletor. Why make him a mail away offer the average person who works a retail job with inconsistent hours would have to call out sick from just so they could be at their computer attempting to buy the damned thing? Especially with the prominence of bots buying up everything from PlayStation 5s to Poke'mon cards to shortpacked craft beer and whiskey (yes really.)? Sorry if I'm rambling, I think all of the Civvie 11 episodes I binged during insomnia may have rubbed off on me.

Dreamworks kiddie line: While it isn't *my* line I do actually like it. They let the character designers have some creative freedom while also making them adhere to the core concept. I actually bought a few for a friend to put away when their toddler gets old enough for action figures. They're built well for the intended audience, and they're actually affordable so some fans may want to check them out to compare with the orignal designs. It's like when a fighting game gives out funky alternate costumes. I haven't seen the show, but I'm told the philosophy seems to be the same as with this figure line.

MASTERVERSE: I'm mixed on this one too. On the one hand I love the variety in the line, the redesigns on some of them like the new Beast Man look absolutely dope. But I'm also not a fan of the over articulation. One of the drawbacks of doing all of that poseability is negating sculpting details. But I do love that they're doing every facet of He-Man here. I also wish they could find a way to get the price down even if it's only on the standard characters. When Beast-Man costs $32 and you have other hobbies like gaming, often times the other hobbies are going to win out. So for me I may end up getting one or two really cool ones and actually use them for their intended purpose, opening them and decorating the computer desk. Maybe if Stinkor is still around I'll get him. Still on the whole I think it's pretty great, just not the line I can really focus on. I can only pick one so for me it's Origins.
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Like many of you I have found the three existing lines inferior to Classics so I am doing a lot of cherry picking.

I'd love to see new vehicles released for Masterverse other than steeds. A new playset for the bad guys would be great to see too. Overall, I am happy to see MOTU on shelves just wish more appealed to me.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post
    Itís great MOTU is getting so much attention, but how did we wind up with three inferior lines to the last line they put on ďhiatusĒ.
    Wow, I could not disagree harder. Classics look like oversized old GI Joes with the addition of wrist and (bad) ankle articulation. Visible pins even on primitive single elbow and knee joints, ugly visible shoulder articulation. And almost none had action features that haven't been replicated by Mega Construx (spinning eyes/entire head, parts swapping). Origins retained most action features (until the SDCC Kobra Khan/Rattlor reveal) and had the same articulation in a smaller scale without making it so ugly.
    And Masterverse is the first MotU line to rise to the articulation standards set by Marvel Legends at least 15 years ago.

Court Magician
    I missed the boat on classics. And at this point, trying to build up a classics collection is basically out of reach at current prices so seeing any new MOTU was exciting for me.

I like origins, but really only grab the characters that I had particularly fond memories of as a kid, or always wanted but never got as a kid. Just the general look of them doesnít really want me to build a full collection, I wonít display it if Iím honest.

Iím more Iím on Masterverse and I think I have every figure released so far except for classic teela (trying to find her for retail or less). I like the articulation I like the designs. I wish there were more figures that could stand in for classic designs, like Iíd rather have regular merman than the one from revelations, but I like the breadth of the line and different eras.

My fave motu line though is probably the 1/6 stuff from mondo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Catra2017 View Post
    Yikes has to be worse than the price for the reboots dolls, those are 200$ and if you look at the Super7 last price I saw was a extra 0!
    I just looked up the price on ebay and she seems to run between 140-160 now. Yikes, even with the price of Origins going up that's easily 9-10 Origins figures.

Vote with your wallet.

Companies will stop predatory business practices when we stop rewarding it and scrabbling for the newest shiny like brain-damaged junkies.

I honestly expected more than reboot She-Ra dolls, weird the prices for a 2019 item is higher...
    Sign me plz! (petition for Dreamworks She-Ra toys)
    https://chng.it/fHKxh4N7Ck

SPOP 2018 & MOTU:Re 2021 timeline comparison:
    https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...e-info-(enjoy)

Quote Originally Posted by Catra2017 View Post
    I honestly expected more than reboot She-Ra dolls, weird the prices for a 2019 item is higher...
    By reboot ye mean the ones that look kinda like DC Superhero Girls right?
    Those are probably worth more by merit of rarity. Mattel wasn't crazy about doing the toys for them so only made a few for conventions I think.

I think they did that to stop anyone else making the merch for the show.

Vote with your wallet.

Companies will stop predatory business practices when we stop rewarding it and scrabbling for the newest shiny like brain-damaged junkies.

The only line I collect is Masterverse and I say it's pretty solid. It has it's issues but they are fun to play with and stand up well against other figure lines in the same price range. As for Classics I have looked into the and have seen some in local stores but I'm never paying the prices they go just for a fairly standard figure.
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by ramdad View Post
    Even with that said though - I still can't shake the feeling there's something else just wrong with the way the torso/head/loincloth is proportioned - particularly on male figures. Might well just be me.
    No I'm just weird.

A lot of action figures have relatively realistic proportions and glassy eyed stares (look at any Marvel Legends figures of the MCU) but in my eyes MotU have always been squat, musclebound mutant men and svelte yet athletic gorgeous women.

Seeing them portrayed any other way just looks weird to me.

In all seriousness though, Masterverse actually looks good (from an objective viewpoint) for people who want their pantsless space barbarians to scale with other 1/12 lines.

Wot ye are probably seeing is the glassy eyed stare and realistic proportions.

They feel like heroic human figures, but it just doesn't feel distinctly MotU; it feels like MotU done in Marvel Legends style.

On a tangent, the biggest thing people forget about Masterverse when comparing it to classics is the concept of quality Vs price.

Classics were premium display figures. I own a She-Ra.The airbrushing and paintwork are top notch. These are works of art, while Masterverse are retail quality toys. They have printed eyeballs and minimal paintwork.

Would ye dare to drag a classics through a sandbox or knock em against each other the way a child would with a Masterverse?

Masterverse isn't a complete replacement for classics, it's Mattel's answer to Marvel Legends.
    Last edited by binkibonsai; July 31, 2022 at 03:57pm.

Vote with your wallet.

I think the Origins is the line that feels like old pals to all the fans...you know what you're getting. Also, the figures are very cheap in price, so I think this is the most successful line with the old fans. I also collected them all. Mattel should just be careful not to throw too much out of order (Wun-Dar, Koldarr, etc.)

The CGI Line is the most interesting for me. I like seeing the old characters redesigned and with new facets of their personalities.
    Unfortunately, the toys are very cheaply made, which spoils the fun for me. But I still collect them all because this line has the highest potential for me.

Masterverse doesn't convince me at all. It seems to me that Mattel has no real ideas and then does something pointless with the characters just to make them look different (e.g. Zodac's shoulder pads or Jitzu's mask). It would have been better if Mattel had limited themselves to the characters from the Revelation cartoon. The idea of ​​now also integrating characters from NA and PoP and creating something like MOTUC 2.0 can only fail in my opinion....

Quote Originally Posted by binkibonsai View Post
    Those are probably worth more by merit of rarity. Mattel wasn't crazy about doing the toys for them so only made a few for conventions I think.

https://www.previewsworld.com/SiteIm.../STL156027.jpg
    Yup those and the Super7 action figures are expensive as it gets, also does not help that Mattel refuse to make more! These were kitbash limited run since Mattel girls toy devision wanted to spend resources at more popular girl toys. We Europeans got the worst end of the stick these was not even sold here!
    Sign me plz! (petition for Dreamworks She-Ra toys)
    https://chng.it/fHKxh4N7Ck

SPOP 2018 & MOTU:Re 2021 timeline comparison:
    https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...e-info-(enjoy)

Origins - I'm mostly all in. I plan on making this my main MOTU collection. I love the blend of vintage proportions with modern articulation.

Animated show - Don't care whatsoever. I only bought the main He-Man and Skeletor when Target had them clearanced for $3 each.

Masterverse - If I didn't already have a bunch of Classics figures, this line might be appealing. But I have enough Classics that I don't need to collect these. If She-Ra can scale with MOTUC, I might pick her up.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Origins: I'm almost all in. Despite the difficulty in finding the figures, the line itself is great. It's like getting all your vintage figures back, but with better articulation and part swapping added.

Animated: I only bought the first He-Man and Skeletor and the translucent yellow He-Man and then kind-of lost interest in the line. I like the CGI series, but the designs just don't seem to work very well as action figures (from a collector's point of view). The designs seem a little too contemporary; they seem like scaled-up MOTU minis to me.

Masterverse: I'm not all-in, but I have been collecting most of the figures. I'm especially liking the New Eternia figures so far. The first He-Man and Skeletor for the Revelations part of the line weren't so great, but I did really like Skelegod and Savage He-Man (though they should have made the Savage He-Man figure a bit buffer to more accurately reflect the way he looked in the show). I'm anxiously awaiting the retail releases of the 40th Anniversary He-Man and Skeletor figures.
    Last edited by Despondor; July 31, 2022 at 07:17pm. Reason: typo

Origins is my favorite current line. I have them all except the first couple of exclusive sets, the clear Skeletor, and the most recent wave (I have it on preorder).

Masterverse is next. I have them all except the newest waves which I have on preorder. I think something is wrong with the sculptors on that line though. The proportions are all wrong in so many areas. But I still like them and plan to continue getting all of them.

I have most of the CGI figures except for the vehicles and the large scale ones. I wish I hadn't started the line though. I haven't opened any except the Battle Cat. I cancelled my Grayskull preorder.

Classics would be my favorite line. The pins and lack of action features don't bother me at all. They look the best to me, and I'm an artist so that is what has always mattered most to me. I have 30 or so. Mostly POP and NA as they are reasonably priced. I do have He-Man, Skeletor, and all 3 Sorceress though. The prices on these things are atrocious however so I don't even look for them anymore. I really wanted Castle Grayskull, but I can't pay $1200 for it, so I'm making my own. Bigger. It scales with all the lines. I had most of classics up through Spikor's release, but I had to sell them after my divorce. I regret it so much that I've bought all these other lines to try and make up for the loss. If I had that complete line, I'd just cherry pick the others, maybe.

I also am still in on mega. I have everything except Battle Bones set and I haven't bought Snake Mountain yet.

Good: MOTU CGI figures... I like the general aesthetics of these; just wish that they had more paint apps.

Better: Masterverse... I have all of these, but I still cannot get over the feeling that Mattel is trying to compete with Hasbro's Marvel Legends. These are "superhero" MOTU, not the beefy, barbarian MOTU we grew up with.

Best: Origins... can't ask for much more. These are the way they were meant to be! Swappable parts, weapons, & armor... decently priced, nostalgic, and fairly easy to get a hold of.

Bestest:
    Classics... sorry, I had to drop this in as it's been mentioned by multiple members here. MOTUC is one of the greatest lines of action figures ever produced - hands down.

So far, I've been all-in on each of these lines (and the minis, Mondo, & Mega Construx)... but, this might end because I am not happy with MV thigh-cuts and weak torsos, nor the slow trickle of CGI stuff. (Also, my wallet hates me.)

Quote Originally Posted by binkibonsai View Post

https://www.previewsworld.com/SiteIm.../STL156027.jpg
    I'm still kicking myself for not grabbing these when I saw them on the clearance rack at Target...

At the time, I just figured they would be a dime a dozen online, so I didn't bother. (Argh!!!)
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Heroic Warrior
    *nevermind*

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Origins & Masterverse are equal for me, I enjoy collecting both and am mostly all in (apart from a few exclusives or deluxes/vehicles) I get a proper nostalgic feeling with Origins - which was missing in Classics, I just love posing and setting the figures up in little teams etc, also with the inclusion of Grayskull, vehicles and now Eternia - the fun is limitless.

Masterverse, I also love, I really like highly articulated figures, I think with MV, the articulation is enough and perhaps a little fine tuning is required here and there, but overall I am pleased. I loved the Revelation line, it was underrated and unfairly criticized, they were fun toys and mostly accurate to the cartoon. I like the direction which Mattel is taking these with representing all eras. I agree some sculpting could be better in places but if I remember correctly, Marvel legends also had some questionable sculpts and got better over the years, it happens with toy lines. I would love to see the 4HM sculpt a few more than the handful they have done for Mattel recently. I also love that they use soft goods! It adds a premium feel to the figures and i do not agree that it makes them look cheap - hard plastic capes are not fun!!!

HM & MOTU - I enjoy it, I have a fair few of them, but I cherry pick this line the most. I enjoy the chunky feel and bright colours and some of the action features. It's a different interpretation, which I can appreciate whilst still having my own preferred MOTU vision intact
    MOTU Origins Wishlist: Oo-Larr, Rattlor, Hawke, Slamurai, Lodar, Snake Face, Geldor, Plasmar, Lord Gr'Asp, Strobo, Extendar, Jitsu, Tung Lashor

Heroic Warrior
    I'm all-in on the three main lines.

CGI - They're complete trash and I've no faith in the show any more, but they look amazing on my shelf. They flopped here in the UK far as I can tell (£15 a figure!) so the best bet is letting them pile up in the BBTS PoL alongside other stuff.

Origins - Give me all of it and as soon as possible. I just wish there was rhyme or reason to it's arrival and stock.

Masterverse - the distribution is so awful in the UK and the prices continually creep up with every wave as a result. I'll likely buy all of it but only in a sale, you can't budget for it in this country so I don't preorder.

Heroic Warrior
    Iím mostly Masterverse at this point but very conflicted because man I want those Snakemen but Iím sure we will see them in Masterverse. I honestly think Masterverse is where Mattel will keep MOTU alive at once Origins and Netflix wind down. Origins can be stretched a great deal with the 200x designs but the NA and Netflix designs really donít work on that body very well and itís limited as far as reinventing the IP for future generations while the positive reception of New Eternia and Netflix designs in Masterverse show the adaptability of the line towards other designs. Origins is a very inexpensive line to produce in comparison but like Marvel Legends, Masterverse allows for a broader interpretation and refresh capability overall. New Eternia is exactly what MOTU needs in fact, a modern more mature take on the classic IP that can appeal to adult collectors in the same way that the DC reinvention appealed to us a few years back while leaving a door open for Netflix for a younger generation. Fans of many IP are always clamoring for mature adult oriented stories for their childhood favorites whether itís Power Rangers, Transformers or GI Joe. Transformers gets studio series, Power Rangers has the IDW comics and the Hasbro collectors line as examples.

So I fall on the side of Masterverse. I love the designs, I like how adaptable it is in bringing in classic styles like Fisto who is straight out of the 80s but also Revelation or Anniversary He-man alongside New Eterniaís Viking He-man and we donít have someone trying to shoe horn it all into some unified continuity. I love Origins for that vintage design and have almost everything until wave 8 and do still plan to get the Snake Men and Snake Armor He-man and Snake Mountain but Masterverse will probably get most of my attention.