Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where has everyone landed on the new lines?

I’m currently complete on Origins after finally finding a Roton a few says ago. Kol-Darr should be shipping soon and the Teela/Zoar pack is preordered. It’s my favorite line at retail right now, even though distribution is a mess. Still floored that we are actually (possibly) getting an Eternia.

I cherry-pick Masterverse. I like the New Eternia line, and I’m excited to receive the 40th SDCC set, but I’m lukewarm about the Netflix stuff. They’ve gotten better, but those first Revelation He-Man and Skeletor were so bad that the aftertaste still lingers.

And I buy the CGI stuff for the kids. They like them better than Origins and Masterverse because of the simpler articulation and there is active media for them to play along with. I’m not personally interested in any of it, though.

I love origins , I've picked up a hefty amount of figures since being gifted grayskull,he man and skeletor last christmas , and I'm even loving the addition of the rulers of the sun characters, I like the swappability,I like the form factor , I think it's all exciting and fun and I'd love to see other figure lines become " origins compatible" like the masters of the wweuniverse were I'm also really interested in the look of masterverse , but I haven't seen any in person so I can't comment , although I'm tempted to just get the new eternia figures online and cherry pick that collection . I really don't like the cgi figures , I like he man's outfit but nothing else about the line or the show appeals to me . I got given the cgi he man and skeletor last christmas as well , I regifted them to my little boy but to be fair , he's not that into them either ( he's 6 , more into pj masks and batman ) . I need to finally give a little shout-out to the eternia minis , I just absolutely love those little guys , and they scale better with the full size playsets, (it always winds me up that grayskulls no bigger than a 2 bedroom house to its native figures ) anyway that's my preference , minis , origins , masterverse , cgi

Sent from my AGS2-L09 using Tapatalk

Origins: I'm pretty much all in after nearly passing the line completely because of those first release He-man and Skeletor heads

At the time, I went ahead and bought Beast-man and MAA because they reminded me of my childhood figures. Since then I've bought pretty much every figure I could, missing only a couple of the newer releases. I love this line and would like to own them all. My biggest complaint though is that if I had to rely on stores only, I would have maybe 8 figures now. It's frustrating to go to different stores in different locations for the sole purpose of looking for these and only finding a handful of the same figures, if any!

CGI:
    Like someone else mentioned, too "kiddie" for me even though I REALLY like some of the new character designs. Will try to collect any they make in the Masterverse line.

Masterverse:
    there have been a few things about the design of some of the earlier characters that were a slight turn off for me. Nothing serious, just enough for me not to be excited about them. However, now there are lots of these that I'd like to have. I will sadly come back and collect them later and probably pay a premium for doing so. I have the 40th Anniversary He-man on pre-order and am sure that will ignite my collecting of this line.

My problem is that there are multiple other toy and video game lines I'm trying to at least cherry pick as i can. Wife has put me on a monthly spending allowance
    “It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    Origins: not my thing, I'm not collecting it, I had enough of that look and feel when I was a kid, but it's cool.

CGI: it didn't catch my interest (and it's not meant to do it), but my son is picking some figures now and then. MOTU is welcome at our home in whatever form it comes.

Masterverse: yes, this is where I'm in. I'm cherrypicking it, a little bit with the intention of filling some Classics gaps (in spite of the majority's opinion of the lines not blending well). There are things I like a lot of this line and there are things I don't like, but I'm happy we have this option to appease 7inch collectors.
    Wish list of Masterverse figures: Panthor, Sagitar, Red Beast, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

I’ve been collecting Origins only but not bought anything in months as new figures don’t seem to be reaching the UK. Im sticking to the original line up as much as possible so no 200x etc and I’ll pass on Eternia too, was never that enthused about it. Really would like PoP to get introduced and get a Snake Mountain too.
    ORIGINS Wishlist: Bow & Kowl, Shadow Weaver, Catra, Swift Wind, Cringer, Kobra Khan, Slime Pit He-Man, Talon Fighter & Point Dread, and Snake Mountain.

Heroic Warrior
    Wait… Dreamworks has a MOTU toy line??? What do those look like? 😂🤣😉🤪

Quote Originally Posted by Parzival View Post
    Page 2, they are really rare now and cost 200~300$ per...

Super7 also made two and they have another zero to their price!
    Sign me plz! (petition for Dreamworks She-Ra toys)
    https://chng.it/fHKxh4N7Ck

SPOP 2018 & MOTU:Re 2021 timeline comparison:
    https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...e-info-(enjoy)

Quote Originally Posted by Parzival View Post
    I wouldn't necessarily call it a MOTU line lol. It was the very small line of Netflix She-Ra dolls that came out in 2019. And then yes Super7 released a 6" She-Ra and Catra figure set as well.

Origins: lots of fun, very collectable. A few misses (especially early on), but mostly a very nice line

Masterverse: Lots of problems - anatomy, paint and articulation are all problematic. But there are a few nice ones. I'm cherry picking a few of them. Barbarian Skeletor and Viking He-Man are my favorites so far.

CGI: Cute line, but not for me

Heroic Podcaster
    ORIGINS
    - All in. I buy three (or more) of each - one to keep MOC, one to open, one for kitbashing parts.

Mega Construx
    - Have been almost all in so far but seriously considering selling out. I love them but space and money may need to go another way.

Nothing else for me but I LOVE that there is so much MOTU product out there for everyone! Well, lots of lines but I know stuff is hard to find. I predict we look back on this in 5-10 years as the golden age of the adult MOTU collector. It may never be this good again.
    Last edited by SunDevil; August 2, 2022 at 04:21pm.
    THE COUNTDOWN - Blade BlastAttak DBSkeletor Dragstor Extendar Gwildor HurrHordak KingHiss* KobraKhan* LLSkeletor LPHeMan Mekaneck* Modulok MossMan MultiBot Rattlor* RioBlast Rokkon Rotar Saurod SnakeFace* Spikor Sssqueeze* Stonedar SyKlone TungLashor* Twistoid TwoBad

Widget
    I stumbled upon the YouTube figure previews for the Masterverse line right as they were being released. So I started collecting the line as it came out. I thought about collecting origins but jumping into something a year or so in to the series, i did not want to have to fight ebay prices to complete a collection. So far i have managed to get every release including the Mattel creations exclusives, I’m really pleased with what has been offered so far, and hope the line continues for a little while longer.

Origins - I want to love it but I sold off my vintage stuff to get into Classics. I’m not interested in going backwards. The modularity is a great idea but the colors are too garish. As ridiculous as MOTU could be, Vintage followed kind of a muted color pallet in a way that kind of gave it grit. Origins does not have that restraint. I got some of the adjunct WWE guys because the early ones used Classics costumes and accessories.

CGI - I super appreciate it existing and I’m glad that people seem to like the cartoon but it’s too much of a departure for me and the figures are ugly to my eye. Will get the Masterverse crossover He-Man and Skeletor though.

Masterverse - I want to love it (again) but the body is just too weird looking. How can something look simultaneously like it’s got an overly long torso but also a super super high waist? There are highlights. The monstery looking figures are very nice )Beast Men, Stinkor, Mer Man). The female figures are great. New Eternia is a lot of fun and worth the effort to make the parts work on Classics if the figs themselves don’t work.

Mega - I want to love it (again again) but I could never find it in my area. I found a couple of the mini figures at a Murder Walmart but never saw anything else again until the Skeletor heads showed up. Didn’t give those a try because it seemed like half the price of the thing was for the big dumb head. Never found anything else (I like to buy retail lines at retail) and I was grossed out by them making Battle Bones an exclusive.
    Please check out my custom figures. The first few stink but I get better.

https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?277602-Masters-of-the-Hadleyverse

I also wrote a fanfic. See the fanfic board. At least four people like it.

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    Mega - I want to love it (again again) but I could never find it in my area. I found a couple of the mini figures at a Murder Walmart but never saw anything else again until the Skeletor heads showed up. Didn’t give those a try because it seemed like half the price of the thing was for the big dumb head.
    QFT.

MCX are so gawdamm small that it all just virtually disappears in the aisle. I'll bet that a lot of people saw those Skeletor heads, and had zero idea there was anything inside them.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; August 2, 2022 at 08:41pm.
    Odd Man Out

Heroic Warrior
    Mega at brick & mortar (I totally consider Amazon "retail"):
    Wal-Mart stocked the carded figures, Battlecat vs Roton and Panthor at Point Dread in early 2020. The carded figures sold out at full price, but the next wave of the "Mega Construx Heroes" SKU was assorted non-MotU characters and the second MotU wave came and went without me seeing it at any of the 3 Wal-Marts in this city.
    The Point Dread set was clearanced from $50 to $5 at the beginning of 2021, and Battlecat/Roton from $25 to $1.
    Then cases of the first 3 Skeletor Skulls showed up. Those seemed to sell out without big markdowns but they didn't order more.

Heroic Warrior
    Only MotU figures I've bought over the last few years are Origins, but I was always frustrated by the leg movement, the males couldn't really sit. Maybe no one else was bothered, but it bugged the heck out of me. So, I only have a few Origins. Unfortunately. Pet peeve territory, I guess.

I love the idea behind Origins, but the engineering frustrated me.

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    Origins - My kids (5 & 6) play with these. We are all in except for the SDCC He-Man/Adam 2 Pack.

Masterverse - I have been cherry-picking but keeping balance between good and bad guys. So far I have He-Man & Skeletor (Rev and NE), King Grayskull, and Scareglow. Will get Beast Man, Sun Man, Pig Head, Man-E-Faces, and Two-Bad. May eventually get Andra and Evil-Lyn.

CGI - Do not have. We like the show but Origins has more playability.

Mega - We are very all in on Mega. This is the MOTU line I'd been waiting for my entire life. We get at least 2 of everything (usually more), one to build and one to collect. I always buy more sets when there's a good deal so that we can build bigger and better. It's a bit of a problem. However, the kids (and my nephew as well) like construction sets more than they like MOTU, so this is my way of encouraging more MOTU. Their grandfather is a great Lego builder and is now retired, so it's a great way for them to bond as well.

Origins: I grabbed a few for nostalgia's sake, but I probably won't go any further.

CGI: So great and so fun! I have a few from this line and got some for the kiddos. I went back and forth in my head how far I wanted to go. But once I saw the Masterverse versions of these characters, that's what I really want. So I'm dropping the line for myself. But I'll still snag more for the kids.

Masterverse: This is my absolute favorite of the bunch. They cover all the lines but in larger and more realistic styles. This is what I personally want and love as an adult MOTU fan. I can't wait to see more from this line!
    Tweeterhead 1/5 Legends Statue Want List: Zodak (200X style), King Grayskull (Revelation style), He-Man 2.0 (or 200X King Grayskull), Tung Lashor, Rattlor, She-Ra 2.0

FML

Frosta, Hordak, Shadow Weaver and well no surprises here New Adventures He-Man all appear to be impossible for the stores supplier to order...

Bang Your Head
    Origins: Love them, however it's becoming difficult to acquire 100% MOC figures. I purchase 90% of them online and they come unpunched, but the cards usually have bends in them.

Masterverse: I'm liking more than I thought. I'm not a fan of the either Netflix show, so those figures are what they are to me. The New Eternia figures I am loving. They have a soft customization to them, and I think that is a great play feature.

CGI Netflix: I'm in no rush to get those figures, but I do have some. The one figure I have loose I'm not very high on.

MEGA: Can't find at retail and my primary online toy store does not supply that line, so that brand gets put off to the side.

Overall it's great that we have so much right now. The down side is that I can't keep up, and seeing items on clearance my be good for the buyer, but for the line/brand it's worrisome...

Quote Originally Posted by MossMan710179 View Post
    MEGA: Can't find at retail and my primary online toy store does not supply that line, so that brand gets put off to the side.
    These they have in Amazon.com they ship even to Europe tough the shipping fees I have not looked at yet.

Bang Your Head
    Quote Originally Posted by Catra2017 View Post
    These they have in Amazon.com they ship even to Europe tough the shipping fees I have not looked at yet.
    The last ones I bought from Amazon were the Havoc Staff and the figures (I think Trap Jaw, Scareglow, Roboto, Man-E-Faces, and Tri-Klops). I'm just paranoid buying collectables from Amazon, as they don't always ship items in the best possible way to collectors...

The last ones I bought from Amazon were the Havoc Staff and the figures (I think Trap Jaw, Scareglow, Roboto, Man-E-Faces, and Tri-Klops). I'm just paranoid buying collectables from Amazon, as they don't always ship items in the best possible way to collectors...
    Understandable here in Europe we kinda have to rely on the comic book shops or Amazon US and the latter sometimes are still cheaper than the comic shop tough the comic shop slaps the price stickers on theirs...

Bang Your Head
    Quote Originally Posted by Catra2017 View Post
    Understandable here in Europe we kinda have to rely on the comic book shops or Amazon US and the latter sometimes are still cheaper than the comic shop tough the comic shop slaps the price stickers on theirs...
    If you are a regular customer at a comic store, you should talk to the owner and ask about special ordering and have them set aside items specifically for you. That's how it usually works here in the states. The stores here order through Diamond and they put out a monthly catalog, I make a list of items that I want, and the store orders them. When the items come in, they are behind the counter untouched...

If you are a regular customer at a comic store, you should talk to the owner and ask about special ordering and have them set aside items specifically for you. That's how it usually works here in the states. The stores here order through Diamond and they put out a monthly catalog, I make a list of items that I want, and the store orders them. When the items come in, they are behind the counter untouched...
    Yes they are gonna try to get me Masterverse Catra and She-Ra! ;D

A fun and interesting tread! Despite being a newer collector, here’s mine:
    Origins
    The first line I’ve ever been all in. After trying to catch as many Classics as possible at the beginning of the pandemic, I know I can’t complete it, with the prices.
    So when Origins started I was excited (even though it’s very different thing than Classics), and have almost everything until recently. They are fun, and don’t feel precious. Getting Fisto and Faker and Mosquitor were real highlights. I am starting to slow down though, because of space and because the other lines interest me, too. Perhaps many of the characters I was most interested are already out now.

CGI
    They are toys for kids, so of course they are simplified from the show’s intricate look. But they are pretty fun for what they are. I have He-Man and Skeletor, (love their design!) Ork-O, Evil-Lyn, and am very intrigued about some others. Mer-Man especially! This one is the line I have the fewest from.

Masterverse
    I got past my initial reservations and am enjoying the line. About 50% in. Hated their Revelations Skeletor but got Skelegod right away. Cherry picking+ . Some figures I get as (not 100% fitting) substitutes for Classics I missed out on, some are just cool on their own. Love / got New Eternia Skeletor, Fisto, Teela, Spikor, King Grayskull and several more, and really looking forward to NE Beast Man, Sorceress Evil Lyn, Hordak, Roboto, Two-BadÂ…
    They are weirdly stylized but have their own thing going. I appreciate the longer arms over Classics, and enjoy that things are molded in plastic rather than painted. Classics of course are the more beautiful figures, and closer to my beloved vintage designs.

All of them have fun aspects, and I’m just over the moon that there are so many!
    Plus the shows to watch, old and new! A great time to be a He-Fan.
    Last edited by Cosmic; August 10, 2022 at 07:56am.