Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 110

Thread: Batgirl

  1. #51
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    643
    I have just read up on Ezra miller, I would say that the flash movie is definitely going to put on hold or cancelled. The new allegations are very serious. I know a lot of people know who skip movies because of actors personal lives. My sister won’t watch anything with depp, Gibson etc because of their off screen antics.

  2. #52
    Heroic Warrior Wakko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    3,679
    In a call with shareholders yesterday, the new head of WB stated that Shazam 2, Aquaman 2 and The Flash are all good movies, but they can be made even better. It sounded like even more reshoots/edits are going to happen with all three. Remains to be seen if that means actually reshooting all of Ezra Miller's scenes.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

  3. #53
    Cobra Saboteur Firefly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Classified
    Posts
    12,985
    You could do an appearance change with the Flash in an end credits scene if you want to go with a different actor going forward. Of all the characters, the Flash is the one that messes with alternate time lines and universes the most. There is no sense in wasting 100 million in reshoots. It sounds like they may be rebooting the entire DC slate after these next batch of movies anyways.

  4. #54
    Heroic Warrior Wakko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    3,679
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    You could do an appearance change with the Flash in an end credits scene if you want to go with a different actor going forward. Of all the characters, the Flash is the one that messes with alternate time lines and universes the most. There is no sense in wasting 100 million in reshoots. It sounds like they may be rebooting the entire DC slate after these next batch of movies anyways.
    I totally hear what you're saying, but Miller is actively creating a PR nightmare for the WB. There will be large swaths of the population who will actively avoid this movie if the allegations turn out to be true. Not to mention the fact that the studio won't be able to send Miller out to promote the movie in interviews. So, say they've spent $200M already in making the movie. They could release it as-is and the movie bombs. Or they could spend another $100M in reshoots with another actor in hopes that the movie pulls in $400 - $500M. I could see them opting for the latter.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

  5. #55
    Heroic Warrior Durendal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    I totally hear what you're saying, but Miller is actively creating a PR nightmare for the WB. There will be large swaths of the population who will actively avoid this movie if the allegations turn out to be true. Not to mention the fact that the studio won't be able to send Miller out to promote the movie in interviews. So, say they've spent $200M already in making the movie. They could release it as-is and the movie bombs. Or they could spend another $100M in reshoots with another actor in hopes that the movie pulls in $400 - $500M. I could see them opting for the latter.
    They'd probably need an actor with a much bigger name though to increase the marketing potential. Miller is basically a nobody.

  6. #56
    Cobra Saboteur Firefly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Classified
    Posts
    12,985
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    I totally hear what you're saying, but Miller is actively creating a PR nightmare for the WB. There will be large swaths of the population who will actively avoid this movie if the allegations turn out to be true. Not to mention the fact that the studio won't be able to send Miller out to promote the movie in interviews. So, say they've spent $200M already in making the movie. They could release it as-is and the movie bombs. Or they could spend another $100M in reshoots with another actor in hopes that the movie pulls in $400 - $500M. I could see them opting for the latter.
    I don't see the movie making an extra 100 million by pulling him. He isn't even a household name. I think people overestimate the influence of Twitter and other social media on the population at large. If Ezra can't do Jimmy Kimmel, it isn't going to break the film.

  7. #57
    Heroic Warrior Durendal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,161
    Just read the latest on Miller. Wow, what a ******* disgusting psycho. I'm very, very difficult to offend, but I'm likely to skip the Flash movie because I want no part of my dollars going to enable that piece of trash. Re-cast him immediately.

  8. #58
    Master of DVDs BCI Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    6,712
    Shazam 2 Delayed to June 2023
    As a part of the studio's major calendar reshuffle, which has also affected The Batman, Warner Bros. has delayed Shazam! 2 until June 2023.


    https://screenrant.com/shazam-2-rele...-june-2023-dc/

    Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom' Release Date Pushed Back to 2023
    The film is just one of several upcoming DCEU projects to experience delays.


    https://collider.com/aquaman-2-relea...-lost-kingdom/

  9. #59
    Life is good Dice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    7,133
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I don't see the movie making an extra 100 million by pulling him. He isn't even a household name. I think people overestimate the influence of Twitter and other social media on the population at large. If Ezra can't do Jimmy Kimmel, it isn't going to break the film.
    Serious question: what if they re-shot his scenes with Grant Gustin in his place? From everything I've read that what most Flash fans wanted anyway. I could maybe see that making the movie much more anticipated. Because there are people like myself and this fellow here:

    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Just read the latest on Miller. Wow, what a ******* disgusting psycho. I'm very, very difficult to offend, but I'm likely to skip the Flash movie because I want no part of my dollars going to enable that piece of trash. Re-cast him immediately.
    ...who will not go see this movie at all due to our feelings on Miller.
    “It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”

  10. #60
    Master of DVDs BCI Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    6,712
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    Serious question: what if they re-shot his scenes with Grant Gustin in his place? From everything I've read that what most Flash fans wanted anyway. I could maybe see that making the movie much more anticipated. Because there are people like myself and this fellow here:
    I doubt Gustin is a big enough draw. If they recast they're going to want to swing a lot bigger - especially if what they've been saying about raising the levels of their movies is true.

  11. #61
    Life is good Dice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    7,133
    Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    I doubt Gustin is a big enough draw. If they recast they're going to want to swing a lot bigger - especially if what they've been saying about raising the levels of their movies is true.
    So you're saying they'd basically need a "Rock" that's a draw by themselves (for fans who otherwise would have no interest in Black Adam)? I guess so but that's asking for a LOT.

    I think a Gustin movie though would be more successful than the Miller movie will end up being. Heck, prior to him being cast in the DC movies, I had no idea who he was.

    And the current and past allegations about him are awful.
    “It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”

  12. #62
    Master of DVDs BCI Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    6,712
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    So you're saying they'd basically need a "Rock" that's a draw by themselves (for fans who otherwise would have no interest in Black Adam)? I guess so but that's asking for a LOT.

    I think a Gustin movie though would be more successful than the Miller movie will end up being. Heck, prior to him being cast in the DC movies, I had no idea who he was.

    And the current and past allegations about him are awful.
    I'm not saying that at all. There is a pretty big group of actors that fall in the range between the Rock and Gustin.

    They're not going to want to associate the movie with a middling CW show. Gustin is a perfectly cromulent actor. I've sat through every episode of the Flash, but I'm far from convinced he has the range or presence to lead a major motion picture. I've never been an Ezra Miller fan either (there is very little I like about the Snyder films), but the core audience for this movie already knows him as the Flash. If they're going to disrupt that (and they should), they're going to want a bigger name than the guy from the TV show.

    My guess is they'll want, at the very least, a Robert Pattinson level of actor.

  13. #63
    Life is good Dice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    7,133
    Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    I'm not saying that at all. There is a pretty big group of actors that fall in the range between the Rock and Gustin.

    They're not going to want to associate the movie with a middling CW show. Gustin is a perfectly cromulent actor. I've sat through every episode of the Flash, but I'm far from convinced he has the range or presence to lead a major motion picture. I've never been an Ezra Miller fan either (there is very little I like about the Snyder films), but the core audience for this movie already knows him as the Flash. If they're going to disrupt that (and they should), they're going to want a bigger name than the guy from the TV show.

    My guess is they'll want, at the very least, a Robert Pattinson level of actor.
    I see what you're saying. I guess I was more looking at it from the perspective of plugging another actor into a movie that's mostly finished. Another actor that the movie wasn't written for. I would think adding a high level actor would mean practically starting over.
    “It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”

  14. #64
    Heroic Warrior Wakko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    3,679
    Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    My guess is they'll want, at the very least, a Robert Pattinson level of actor.
    I'd love to hear who you think would be perfect to cast in the role. To me, Barry Allen ought to be somewhere from early/mid-20s to early 30s at the oldest. I'll betray my age by saying I have zero idea of current actors within that age range who would be considered "hot" and a box office draw. Thoughts?
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

  15. #65
    Master of DVDs BCI Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    6,712
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    I'd love to hear who you think would be perfect to cast in the role. To me, Barry Allen ought to be somewhere from early/mid-20s to early 30s at the oldest. I'll betray my age by saying I have zero idea of current actors within that age range who would be considered "hot" and a box office draw. Thoughts?
    I'm with you on not being hip with today's young actors.

    My first thought is Miles Teller. Terrific actor with the range to pull off all the aspects of classic Barry Allen. But at 35, he might be pushing the age thing, but he's probably still young enough.

    Again, maybe too old, but Andrew Garfield would be outstanding in the role. And after seeing how great he was in No Way Home, he really deserves another chance in the genre.

    I think Barry Keoghan is one of the most brilliant younger actors working today, but he might be a bit too short, and he has that whole Joker thing already.

  16. #66
    Heroic Warrior Wakko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    3,679
    Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    I'm with you on not being hip with today's young actors.

    My first thought is Miles Teller. Terrific actor with the range to pull off all the aspects of classic Barry Allen. But at 35, he might be pushing the age thing, but he's probably still young enough.

    Again, maybe too old, but Andrew Garfield would be outstanding in the role. And after seeing how great he was in No Way Home, he really deserves another chance in the genre.

    I think Barry Keoghan is one of the most brilliant younger actors working today, but he might be a bit too short, and he has that whole Joker thing already.
    Miles Teller brings to mind Maverick, of course. Glen Powell absolutely looks like a superhero. He's 34. Someone should cast him in a DCEU or MCU movie stat.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

  17. #67
    Heroic Warrior Durendal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    I'd love to hear who you think would be perfect to cast in the role. To me, Barry Allen ought to be somewhere from early/mid-20s to early 30s at the oldest. I'll betray my age by saying I have zero idea of current actors within that age range who would be considered "hot" and a box office draw. Thoughts?
    What's Noah Centineo doing these days?

  18. #68
    Life is good Dice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    7,133
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    What's Noah Centineo doing these days?
    Isn't he Atom Smasher now?
    “It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”

  19. #69
    Master of New Adventures!
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    12,353

  20. #70
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    4,000
    Maybe Warner Bros have realised that fans and audiences in general want entertaining and interesting stories and characters instead of movies to push agendas.

  21. #71
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    10,009
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Maybe Warner Bros have realised that fans and audiences in general want entertaining and interesting stories and characters instead of movies to push agendas.
    Huh... I always thought it was the MCU that got accused of doing this.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

    >>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

  22. #72
    Catwoman...Hear Me Roar! Mikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Catwoman's Catacomb
    Posts
    8,170
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Maybe Warner Bros have realised that fans and audiences in general want entertaining and interesting stories and characters instead of movies to push agendas.
    Being inclusive, equalitarian and against discrimination is NOT *pushing agendas.*

    I have ultimate faith in DC's movies, animated and live action.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

    - Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

  23. #73
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    4,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Being inclusive, equalitarian and against discrimination is NOT *pushing agendas.*

    I have ultimate faith in DC's movies, animated and live action.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Huh... I always thought it was the MCU that got accused of doing this.
    I should rephrase what I said. When I say "pushing agendas," I mean when a movie flops and critics and audiences don't like it because of the story and characters, the people that make or act in the movie usually go on about how the film was promoting this and that and that's why people didn't like it.
    The people making the movies should be more interested in making a good story and characters instead of promoting this and that.
    Like with Ghostbusters 2016, Disney's Star Wars movies etc.

    For the most part DC's live action movies and TV have been pretty terrible with a few exceptions.
    DC's animated stuff is awesome.
    Last edited by Mark M; August 7, 2022 at 04:52am.

  24. #74
    Registered User theAncients's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Eternia
    Posts
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Being inclusive, equalitarian and against discrimination is NOT *pushing agendas.*

    I have ultimate faith in DC's movies, animated and live action.
    I'm all for giving people a chance, but it should not be at the expense of something.
    Batgirl casting was horrible from the start. Barbara Gordon is not black.

    Why the need to recast Barbara's ethnicity ? It disrespects the character and the creator/creators of the character. Same with Iris West of The Flash. She is not black. Danielle Panabaker would've been the perfect Iris. Also, Zoey Deutch, who was in the running, was perfect for Batgirl.

    There are so many non-white talented comic book creators and film makers. They should create new characters which everyone can get behind, without changing/destroying what came before.

  25. #75
    Catwoman...Hear Me Roar! Mikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Catwoman's Catacomb
    Posts
    8,170
    I disagree, DC's live action and animated content is of equal good value and I think anyone can play any character if they are talented enough, I don't think someone should be disqualified merely because of skin colour.

    I prefer Danielle Panabaker as Caitlin/Killer Frost and Candice Patton as Iris, both ladies play their roles well.
    Last edited by Mikey; August 7, 2022 at 09:36am.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

    - Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •