Thread: Masters of the Universe pinball?

Heroic Warrior

Masters of the Universe pinball?

So I've scoured the internet and this looks like one thing that they've never done is a MOTU themed pinball machine.

If you've ever played any of the newer pinball machines by a company like Stern they are an absolute blast. The new mandalorian machine is awesome. I know that they have done a TMNT machine recently.

What does everyone else think? Would you like to see some MOTU pinball?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Crash109 View Post
    What does everyone else think? Would you like to see some MOTU pinball?
    I love the idea. With all the characters but especially Grayskull, Snake Mountain, and Fright Zone it could really turn out great. So many classic sounds from the series that would easily catch the ears of fans too.
    It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.

Oh, this would be so cool. Someone get Stern on the phone!
    Please check out my custom figures. The first few stink but I get better.

https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?277602-Masters-of-the-Hadleyverse

I also wrote a fanfic. See the fanfic board. At least four people like it.

Thanks for the upload He-bro, the MOTU pinball is extraordinary.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    Oh, this would be so cool. Someone get Stern on the phone!
    Who has their number?!?!

Hahaha. Seriously though. There is so much potential with a he man pinball machine. Can you imagine if the art style was like the intro to revelations (or more simply, the Mattel card art) mixed with voices and animations and sounds from the filmation cartoon? That would be so much fun.

Widget

Masters of the Universe Pinball by Stern Pinball

If you are into pinball like I am, one of the top pinball manufacturers is rumored to be coming out with a MOTU pinball machine sometime in 2023.

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/tak...coming-in-2023

Stern makes a cool TMNT machine that is a lot of fun, would be awesome to see what they come up with for a MOTU machine.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Wreckzshop View Post
    If you are into pinball like I am, one of the top pinball manufacturers is rumored to be coming out with a MOTU pinball machine sometime in 2023.

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/tak...coming-in-2023

Stern makes a cool TMNT machine that is a lot of fun, would be awesome to see what they come up with for a MOTU machine.
    If this happens, that is a dream come true for me. I might need to start setting aside money for this just in case.

There is an arcade or two in my town still. It would be cool if they could get this game if it comes out.

Heroic Warrior
    A lot of bars/breweries still buy new pinball machines. There are more than a few near me that always have 3 or 4 and they cycle them out for new ones a lot. I'm wondering if there is some sort of lease program or something.

And I know that the pinball database is usually very well loved by the community so it's pretty accurate.

So if this machine ever comes out, it should be easy to find the closest one to you if you ever wanted to seek it out and play it. I'm already socking money away just in case I buy my own.

Last edited by Crash109; August 12, 2022 at 06:31am.

Would love me some Castle grayskull MULTIBALL!!!! Riding some Seperpos rails. Sinking multiplier points into slime pit. Second level Snake mountain escape .Throw in the soundtracks and sound effects like the thwack from filmation. I could slowly spend the kids inheritance.

Heroic Podcaster
    A lot of bars/breweries still buy new pinball machines. There are more than a few near me that always have 3 or 4 and they cycle them out for new ones a lot. I'm wondering if there is some sort of lease program or something.
    I co-own a small retro arcade (30 cabs, almost all from the 1978-1983 Golden Age) and we do not have pinball yet as they are a nightmare to maintain, especially if you are letting drunks wail on them. The place you describe may be cycling them in and out to give them time to repair pins that are broken by customers.

The Barcade craze is good in that it brings a lot of these classic cabs back into the public eye but the downside is how many classic cabs are ruined/not maintained/outright destroyed by drunks beating on them, spilling drinks on them, you name it.

That said, I would buy a MOTU pin in a heartbeat. Those of you that are saving now, that is smart. New pins are released in relatively small runs and cost between $3000 and $5000 brand new. Fingers are crossed!
    ORIGINS COUNTDOWN - Blade BlastAttak DBSkeletor Dragstor Extendar Grizzlor Gwildor HurrHordak KingHiss* KingRandor* KobraKhan* LLSkeletor LPHeMan Mekaneck Modulok MossMan MultiBot Rattlor* RioBlast Rokkon Rotar Saurod SnakeFace* Spikor Sssqueeze* Stonedar SyKlone TungLashor* Twistoid TwoBad Whiplash*

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by SunDevil View Post
    I co-own a small retro arcade (30 cabs, almost all from the 1978-1983 Golden Age) and we do not have pinball yet as they are a nightmare to maintain, especially if you are letting drunks wail on them. The place you describe may be cycling them in and out to give them time to repair pins that are broken by customers.

The Barcade craze is good in that it brings a lot of these classic cabs back into the public eye but the downside is how many classic cabs are ruined/not maintained/outright destroyed by drunks beating on them, spilling drinks on them, you name it.

That said, I would buy a MOTU pin in a heartbeat. Those of you that are saving now, that is smart. New pins are released in relatively small runs and cost between $3000 and $5000 brand new. Fingers are crossed!
    More like 8k to 10k for Stern's newer machines. The GnR machine by Jersey Jack was like 8k for the base model!

So yeah, if this is legit and it's like the Mandalorian pinball machine, I'd expect a hefty price tag.

Widget
    Stern Pinball Current MRSP:

Pro Model (Good game but does not have all bells and whistles, more operator friendly): MRSP: $6,899

Premium Model (Fully loaded, full featured model, usually has a mech that a Pro does not): $8,999

LE Model (Fully loaded but usually has a mirrored back glass, side armor, separate art package, limited in number): $11,099

These are pricy machines but to me would be the ultimate MOTU addition to my collection. Im already on a few distributors lists for when these are made.

Call Your Champion Voodoo Magic's Avatar
    As a big pinball fan personally, a Motu pinball machine would be such a Holy Grail for me. I think it would need to be a classic iteration of Motu though, for me to take the plunge. (No offense to the CG show, New Adventures, etc.)
    - - - - -
    FOR ETERNIA Official YouTube Channel
    News, Podcasts, Reviews, Unboxings and More

ForEternia.com
    News & Content on Masters of the Universe: Revelation, Revolution & More

- - - - -

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Magic View Post
    As a big pinball fan personally, a Motu pinball machine would be such a Holy Grail for me. I think it would need to be a classic iteration of Motu though, for me to take the plunge. (No offense to the CG show, New Adventures, etc.)
    I definitely think they'd roll with the classic interpretation. I'd think it would have to be box/mini comic art or straight up filmation cartoon art style.

I'm saving for the mid range model but I'd really have to see what is offered on the high end and if it's worth it. It's usually just cosmetic over the mid range.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Wreckzshop View Post
    Stern Pinball Current MRSP:

Pro Model (Good game but does not have all bells and whistles, more operator friendly): MRSP: $6,899

Premium Model (Fully loaded, full featured model, usually has a mech that a Pro does not): $8,999

LE Model (Fully loaded but usually has a mirrored back glass, side armor, separate art package, limited in number): $11,099

These are pricy machines but to me would be the ultimate MOTU addition to my collection. Im already on a few distributors lists for when these are made.
    Can you buy directly from Stern or do you need to work through a distributor?

Heroic Warrior
    Also, a heads up to everyone. These things usually sell out so you probably need to get one shortly after they come out. Especially the limited ones. Else, you need to hunt a used one down from a bar or a collector or something and there is no telling the type of wear and tear it has and how they were treated. I'm starting to set aside at least a few hundred a month now.

Last edited by Crash109; August 13, 2022 at 10:02am.

That is one awesome pinball table!
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

Widget
    Can you buy directly from Stern or do you need to work through a distributor?

If you are a member of the Stern Insiders club you can buy a very limited number LE editions directly on release day. You have to join using the $39.99 tier to get that benefit though and you are not guaranteed to get one directly even by being a member.

https://insider.sternpinball.com/insider

Best bet is to secure one through a distributor. These are rumored to be a March 2023 release.
    Last edited by Wreckzshop; August 13, 2022 at 10:53am.

Heroic Warrior
    Where are you hearing this rumor? That excites me but I'm skeptical.

It would definitely be cool to own one for my house, but I think the only thing I've spent that kind of money or more on in my lifetime are cars and my house, so not happening. Besides never getting the wife to go for it, I'd be concerned about maintenence/repair costs. I'd also probably play it a lot the first month and then not much after.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by SunDevil View Post

How hard are these to maintain, are parts readily available a few years down the line?

I would figure a lot of the newer machines are all based on like circuit boards of some kind, and thus somewhat harder for an end user to maintain other than to swap out parts.

Of course, I wouldnt be completely surprised if stern uses one common main board now with different rom flashed onto it and its just wiring harnesses that connect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    I think it's mostly standard parts except for the main board and plastic components specific to the machine like say a grayskull or something.

Even the main board might be standard with certain logic associated with it.