Thread: Origins production errors

Heroic Warrior

Origins production errors

I am curious to know how common it is to find production errors in this line and what you have seen or bought.

My Kol-Darr arrived today, and he has a strange one that's pretty easy to miss. You know the glossy print that is on the MOTU logo? Well, it's WAY down. The top of the glossy printing barely touches the bottom of the actual logo. It's way far down. It is straight down though, it's not off to one side or at a crooked angle or anything. It's kind of interesting. It is the entire logo in gloss form, shifted down from the actual color printed logo. It's kind of hard to explain, and I can't upload a pic because my profile has been at the limit for a long time.

I feel like I saw a production error once in a store, but I can't recall what it was specifically. Maybe an upside down card?

Back in the Classics era Mattel sent me a King Hsss with a Preternia He-Man card back. That was kinda cool. Sold it though.

I also have a vintage open Rio-Blast with an unpainted mustache. Now that one is cool, because he just looks clean shaven; it doesn't look like he has a lump on his lip or anything. I really like that one. Just happened upon it too. The guy didn't realize it was an error, and I didn't either until several years later.
    Last edited by nicholighkun; August 5, 2022 at 12:18pm.

I am sure there are errors out there, it is inevitable in mass production. I have seen some crazy things in other lines (like cardbacks printed upside down, etc.) BUT I have to say that collecting this line since the start and encountering hundreds of carded figures I have yet to discover an error that was at least perceivable by my eye. Other than maybe the comic being crooked in the package or bad paint apps on Hordak's eyes.

Heroic Warrior
    Eyebrows are the problem in this line, I've a Rammy missing his and Clamp Champ's are... quite something.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    I can't upload a pic because my profile has been at the limit for a long time.
    Is it possible you can go into your Settings and delete some old pics (Attachments) so you can post some new ones?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by whakojacko View Post
    Is it possible you can go into your Settings and delete some old pics (Attachments) so you can post some new ones?
    It is, but I don't know when I'll get around to it. I also don't know if I have anything I want to delete.

Court Magician
    I have an Origins Zodac that has a dark grey mouth area, the same color as the trim of his helmet instead of the flesh color. Didn't even notice until I had brought it home and was about to open it up.

Widget
    In February I received this interesting Stinkor Variant from BBTS: