Thread: My first origins…

My first origins…

So , after completing my vintage MOTU and almost completing my vintage POP run , collecting all of the Super 7 vintage style figures and adding some MOTUC monsters such as Granamyr for example to my collection , I kinda told myself I was done with collecting MOTU …
    But last week I jumped back into the rabbit hole and picked up a few of the origins figures.., now i’m not going to be a completist with this line and am just going to get me some of those that will fit in with my vintage collection. But I’m happy to be back to collecting MOTU and I know now that I missed it more than I realized. 😃 this is what I picked up last week, and tomorrow I will be picking up the boxed palace guard figure…

444C18B0-32D0-4636-8730-C346AD17934C.jpg

After that I will be on the lookout for Sun Man, Pighead and Kol-Darr.
    I hate the fact that Mattel doesn’t give a ******* about us fans with all their distribution nonsence and Mattel creations exclusive crap that makes us deal with all the scalpers on Ebay and stuff like that. 🙄
    But i’m still happy I can start hunting these again and that I re-discovered my love for MOTU. 😃

Congrats! And heaven help you LOL

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Hahaha thanks… Lol

Excellent, these are great figures to complement the vintage collection, since they never appeared back in the day! I hope you’ll have a lot of fun picking up more of them!
    I also greatly enjoy when the Origins go a bit beyond the vintage line-up, loving the Green Goddess, and one of my surprisingly favorite ones is the LOP (red) Beast Man! He is not as bright as some other Origins and has a great vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    Excellent, these are great figures to complement the vintage collection, since they never appeared back in the day! I hope you’ll have a lot of fun picking up more of them!
    I also greatly enjoy when the Origins go a bit beyond the vintage line-up, loving the Green Goddess, and one of my surprisingly favorite ones is the LOP (red) Beast Man! He is not as bright as some other Origins and has a great vibe.
    Thanks, he is another one on my wishlist 😃

Origins and vintage go quite well together on display.

Quote Originally Posted by ToyCulture View Post
    Origins and vintage go quite well together on display.
    That’s exactly why I wanted them, I am normally a vintage only collector but they fitt in great between my vintage stuff ��

- - - Updated - - -

Managed to grab me one of these baby’s today 😃

7CFF6BF0-9DE4-4ADE-9BC2-E25399B90D4D.jpeg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post

Haha, yeah, really.

If you are not a completest with this line then I guess you are OK. But, when you see just how many great reiterations of the original figures there are...how they are updated to be even better...it's really hard not to be.

I was an OG MOTU collector since, well, 1983. I grew up with the figures, vehicles and playsets. I never thought anything could replace those original toys in my eyes. I was incredibly wrong. These are just better in every way. If I still had my original MOTU figures I would have sold them off by now. I don't anymore, but with Origins I have absolutely no desire for any other 5.5inch MOTU line...be it OG figures or Super 7.

Nice little haul! I started off with the Rise of Evil 2 pack also. Mainly got it for that incredible Skeletor head! I want to get another Skeletor head in the near future.

Took him a little while but today he finally came home… 🙂

9EDF7CF4-B943-4632-8029-ADBCCDCE54B5.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by KevMar View Post
    That’s exactly why I wanted them, I am normally a vintage only collector but they fitt in great between my vintage stuff
    Funny that; I'm the opposite, buying vintage figures to plug gaps in me origins collection! 😆

Vote with your wallet.

Companies will stop predatory business practices when we stop rewarding it and scrabbling for the newest shiny like brain-damaged junkies.