Thread: Olivia Newton-John has died

Master of New Adventures!

Olivia Newton-John has died

This is tragic. So very sad. She brought much joy to world through her talents. Rest in peace.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...n-john-dead-73

Heroic Warrior

RIP Olivia Newton John

Just heard the news the Olivia Newton John has sadly passed from cancer.
    Thereís not many people who donít have fond memories of her performance in grease.
    Xanadu was number one when I was born.
    From what I hear she was a great person and a staunch advocate for cancer awareness since her diagnosis in the 90s.
    She was my second crush as a kid after Penelope Pitstop from wacky races.

I am truly heartbroken. She was one of the most iconic and inspirational stars of screen and music. Grease was such a huge part of my life in high school with me being in the school musical and learning the words to every song in that movie. Her beauty, talent, and graciousness will truly be missed.

Heroic Warrior
    Ha three of us posted at exactly the same time. So Iíve deleted my post.
    Thereís not many people who donít have fond memories of her performance in grease.
    Xanadu was number one when I was born.
    From what I hear she was a great person and a staunch advocate for cancer awareness since her diagnosis in the 90s.
    She was my second crush as a kid after Penelope Pitstop from wacky races.

I deleted mine too.

She had a truly angelic voice. I'm not sure if it was long regarded as one of her best songs, but for me, a staple of my '80s childhood was her single "Magic." Still love that song.

I have a very funny memory concerning her from when I was a kid. One of my older male cousins had a poster of her on his wall. I asked him who she was, and when he answered, I understood him to say, "Olivia, Newt and John." For a couple of years, I thought "Olivia, Newt and John" was a band but they only put their lead singer (Olivia) on their posters.

My brother still makes fun of me for it to this day.
    Last edited by Wakko; August 8, 2022 at 05:34pm.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

I turned on the radio and was blasted with the news of her tragic death. A beloved daughter in Australia and will be well missed. I happen to see her perform live once with an interesting line up. First up was the B-52ís, Belinda Carlisle, Olivia Newton-John and John Farnham. It was a great day out!

I can't believe this! Olivia Newton-John recorded a delightful album called Liv On with Beth Nielsen Chapman & Amy Sky and she was featured on a Christmas compilation album called Mother And Child: A Christmas Celebration Of Motherhood, singing a song called Christmas Never Felt Like This.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

I can't believe this! Olivia Newton-John recorded a delightful album called Liv On with Beth Nielsen Chapman & Amy Sky and she was featured on a Christmas compilation album called Mother And Child: A Christmas Celebration Of Motherhood, singing a song called Christmas Never Felt Like This.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

Very sad news. She was delightful in "Grease" and I'll always remember her next to John Travolta as Sandy & Danny.
    May her soul RIP and soon relief for her close loved ones.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab - whitespyders

My feedback thread

Rest in peace Olivia Newton John. Love your music and your career in Grease, probably the best musical movie of all time, You're going to be missed big time. we already miss you.

Playing a three-hour Rush show is like running a marathon while solving equations.

The delightful album Liv On which I mentioned before features Olivia Newton-John, Beth Nielsen Chapman & Amy Sky. It is beautiful and amazing.

1. My Heart Goes Out To You (Lead Vocals - Amy Sky, Beth Nielsen Chapman & Olivia Newton-John)

2. Live On (Lead Vocals - Olivia Newton-John)

3. Stone In My Pocket (Lead Vocals - Amy Sky, Beth Nielsen Chapman & Olivia Newton-John)

4. Sand And Water (Lead Vocals - Beth Nielsen Chapman)

5. Forever Blue (Lead Vocals - Amy Sky)

6. Immortality (Lead Vocals - Amy Sky, Beth Nielsen Chapman and Olivia Newton-John)

7. Don't Know What To Say (Lead Vocals - Beth Nielsen Chapman)

8. Impossible (Lead Vocals - Olivia Newton-John)

9. I Will Take Care Of You (Lead Vocals - Amy Sky)

10. Grace And Gratitude (Lead Vocals - Olivia Newton-John)

11. There's Still My Joy - (Lead Vocals - Olivia Newton-John)

Olivia Newton-John recorded the lovely Christmas song Christmas Never Felt Like This which appeared on a compilation CD called Mother & Child: A Christmas Celebration Of Motherhood.

Other songs on the album include:

1. Oh Holy Night - Martina McBride

2. All Is Well Tonight - CeCe Winans

3. Through Your Eyes - Suzy Bogguss

4. Christmas Lullaby - Belinda Carlisle & Charlotte Caffey

5. Bless This Child - Vesta Williams

6. When You Believe - Shanice & Crystal Wilson

7. Breath Of Heaven - Amy Grant

8. Christmas Never Felt Like This - Olivia Newton-John

9. Christmas Time - Viola & Wendy Moten

10. Christmas Son - Debbi Peterson & Siobhan Maher-Kennedy

11. Ave Maria - Beth Nielsen Chapman

Newton-John passed away last Monday, just one day before the Commonwealth Games in Birmingham, England, closed. Australia had lost one of its native daughters and she will not be forgotten by her fans worldwide.
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

She was beautiful and a great singer. I remember when she was soooo controversial for releasing Physical, pretty tame by today's standards but back then it had so many clutching their pearls. Guess she was not afraid to push the envelope, and a pioneering voice for many.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"From Hollywood to Babylon, holy war to kingdom come
    On a trail of dust and ashes, when the burning sky is done
    A tide of change is coming and that is what you fear
    The earthquake is a coming, but you don't want to hear"
    - Iron Maiden, "Writing on the Wall"

Heroic Warrior
    R.I.P. Olivia Newton-John

R.I.P. My mom used to listen to her records a lot when I was a kid. I remember her in Grease and some of her more well known songs.