Thread: Happy 20th Anniversary MYP 200x HE-MAN!

He-Man historian

Happy 20th Anniversary MYP 200x HE-MAN!

On this day AUGUST 16th, 2002 over at CARTOON NETWORK on 4PM... The revival of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe by Mike Young Productions aired!

20 YEARS AGO!!!

He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Good lord if I didn't already feel old.

Happy 20TH Anniversary to MYP MOTU! I love it and always will!
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Hard to believe it has been 20 years! I love this show and I was disappointed we never got a 3rd season!
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

20 years ago wow. My favourite line without a doubt. In the small time the 200x lasted Mattel certainly punched out the merchandise. For me the stactions will alway be the pinnacle of the figures. At least some of the new statues being released and a few of the Mondo figures are 200x inspired.

As Mattel's recent uploadings of the first handful of episodes shows, this is one that could really benefit from a remastered blu-ray release.
    Looking for any loose Classics figures? Let me know via PM what you might be looking for and I'll look through some boxes and see if we can help each other out!

Such an incredible show - possibly still my favourite Masters of the Universe show. It was dark in the all the right ways, the character design was incredible, it balanced spotlight stories with a larger narrative, and so well written and animated.

I wish there was a way of pulling the creative team behind this back together for some more seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    Good lord if I didn't already feel old.
    What blows my mind is that less time passed between the debut of the Filmation cartoon and the MYP cartoon (19 years) than the debut of the MYP cartoon and today (20 years).

It's just... it doesn't compute.

When the MYP cartoon came out, it felt like MOTU was being brought back from the dead. But 20 years later, the MYP cartoon feels like it only happened a few years ago.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    What blows my mind is that less time passed between the debut of the Filmation cartoon and the MYP cartoon (19 years) than the debut of the MYP cartoon and today (20 years).

It's just... it doesn't compute.

When the MYP cartoon came out, it felt like MOTU was being brought back from the dead. But 20 years later, the MYP cartoon feels like it only happened a few years ago.
    I totally agree with you that it feels like the MYP cartoon was released only a few years back. I felt a pang of nostalgia after reading this thread so I ended up going through my 200x collection. I have to say Keldor is one of my favourite figures that was released.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    On this day AUGUST 16th, 2002 over at CARTOON NETWORK on 4PM... The revival of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe by Mike Young Productions aired!

20 YEARS AGO!!!

https://i.imgur.com/MZGCdbs.png
    This ended WAY too early..Too bad we can't get some kinda of revival....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ramdad View Post
    Such an incredible show - possibly still my favourite Masters of the Universe show. It was dark in the all the right ways, the character design was incredible, it balanced spotlight stories with a larger narrative, and so well written and animated.

I wish there was a way of pulling the creative team behind this back together for some more seasons.
    QFT get a petition started....

He-Man historian
    Sadly we've already lost some of them

head story-editor Dean Stefan...
    writer Larry DiTillio...
    voice actor Gabe Khouth (Orko, Mekaneck)...
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Absolutely agree with all of this, 200x for me still stands as the best version of Motu to date. Plus it gave us king grayskull, veana , ZodaK , the faceless one, Dekker and Keldor amongst others.. It does seem to get bashed a lot on the org , but for me, it's yet to be beaten ( until they actually do a proper animated eternity war movie that is)

Also, kind of related but not, I saw your 200x/revelation trailer jukka, that was excellent
    Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
    Last edited by davelove81; August 20, 2022 at 11:24pm.

Quote Originally Posted by davelove81 View Post
    Absolutely agree with all of this, 200x for me still stands as the best version of Motu to date. Plus it gave us king grayskull, veana , ZodaK , the faceless one, Dekker and Keldor amongst others.. It does seem to get bashed a lot on the org , but for me, it's yet to be beaten
    Very much agree with ye there. I feel out of all its iterations, 200X's writing was simplistic, but tonally and visually it was the strongest overall package.

Vote with your wallet.

Companies will stop predatory business practices when we stop rewarding it and scrabbling for the newest shiny like brain-damaged junkies.

Just adding to the chorus here. 200x is my favourite version of motu outside of the original mini-comics.

What a great show, such a shame it only got 2 seasons, I would have loved to see more Hordak.
    Calling all fellow Aussies to post in the Australian Collectors Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ProteinNerd View Post
    Just adding to the chorus here. 200x is my favourite version of motu outside of the original mini-comics.

What a great show, such a shame it only got 2 seasons, I would have loved to see more Hordak.
    Never say never, although it's nowhere near as popular , a lot of franchise's are getting " deboots" ( tm ) , batman 66 , batman 89 , the 90s X-Men cartoon continuing on Disney plus, there's precedent

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Doesn't seem like 20 years ago at all. I cant believe how fast it's gone.
    Great that they are putting them on YouTube. I wish we could get a Blu-Ray and digital release on Google Play as well.
    UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    MOTUC He-Ro Staff with green gem
    Keshi Mantenna in red