Thread: Does anyone remember a show called Trap Door?

Does anyone remember a show called Trap Door?

A little like Asterix I've kinda felt that people are either well aware of Trap Door or not familiar at all.

I guess it depends where it was aired as I have no idea other than the UK; it's been on since the 80's however I remember it in the 90's where it would be repeated on TV for while.

It's about the daily lives of a group of monsters living in a castle which the main character (Berk) is often asked to prepare meals and do the orders of the thing upstairs (which you only hear the voice of); along with his friends Boni (a skull who often advises Berk) and a spider called Drutt which tends to get in the way chasing worms around the cellar.

Berk is often advised not to open the Trap Door as it's full of monsters however obviously he doesn't really listen and ends up doing so anyway.

If you haven't seen the show it's really worth watching, they're only short episodes of around 4 mins and there's around 40 episodes in total.

Every episode of Trap Door from the first episode Breakfast Time.

The animation was similar to Wallace and Gromit and it's also available on DVD and various streaming platforms.

Thought this would be interesting to see if you guys were aware of this show and what you thought also
    Last edited by The 90'z Rules; September 8, 2022 at 01:01pm.
    Kindness is king.

Heroic Warrior
    Don’t you open that trapdoor….cos there’s something down there

Quote Originally Posted by dan1980 View Post
    Don’t you open that trapdoor….cos there’s something down there
    You remember then lol It was good wasn't it?

The humour was quite unique on it also lol
    Kindness is king.

Oh my word, yes, I remember this. Still quote it regularly: "Oh globbits" makes a perfect curse. One of those children's programmes that's wasted on children.
    Check out my Masters of the Universe cartoon review site at https://hemanmotu.wordpress.com/!

Quote Originally Posted by OwenMorton View Post
    Oh my word, yes, I remember this. Still quote it regularly: "Oh globbits" makes a perfect curse. One of those children's programmes that's wasted on children.
    I was just browsing up on it now and didn't realise how much merchandise there was on the show, including some new merchandise it seems?
    Kindness is king.

Willie Rushton did a great job with the voices as well.

Quote Originally Posted by felgekarp View Post
    Willie Rushton did a great job with the voices as well.
    Yeah, I think he did most of them didn't he?
    Kindness is king.

I recall the show. I only ever recorded one episode off TV though and oddly enough I think the sound was messed up on the recording.
    Nema Studios made some Trap Door action figures.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXbQMozYWEk

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I recall the show. I only ever recorded one episode off TV though and oddly enough I think the sound was messed up on the recording.
    Nema Studios made some Trap Door action figures.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXbQMozYWEk
    Yeah I was looking at them after I made the thread, there's obviously a market for the show too as it does seem to be pretty popular still.

You can see why too really when you watch the show now as it really is quite different and unique, not just with it's set up of the show but the way it's presented and the humour too, it's pretty good

You can watch the full series in the video above, they're only on around 4 minutes an episode though so won't take too long to get through them all however they are pretty good lol
    Kindness is king.

Some of you guys may remember the computer game from this?

Kindness is king.