Thread: Issues with fingers and touch screens?

Issues with fingers and touch screens?

Iíve been noticing that touch screens donít seem as responsive as they used to be for me.

I managed to find google search words that found answers.

Why wont my fingers work on touch screens?

It seems like it can happen for various reasons, but once link mentions:
    ď The electrical charge is greatest when our hands are warm and moist.
    And it can start to happen in adults 40 and over as oil and sweat gland function
    reduces with age.Ē

So I can take a few guesses at things to try, but was wondering if anyone out there
    had the same issues and came up with something that worked for them.

Even my tablet does the same thing. It keeps crashes each time when I turn on Google Chrome. How disappointing!
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

Heroic Warrior
    On my device been noticing accuracy issues for the last year or so. A frequent occurance is I'll click on something and the thing above or below where I had clicked on would register instead. Its annoying for sure but ive gotten used to it.

I think, like most things, these are just not built to last. Aside from that, there may be some residue on the screen from something, or maybe even a change in your bio-electrical signature if you've had a significant illness or something like that. Like I heard somewhere, and no idea whether its right or not, that people who have had a near death experience can have changes in how electronics behave for them. Kinda weird but I know someone that had one and was never able to wear a wristwatch again.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"From Hollywood to Babylon, holy war to kingdom come
    On a trail of dust and ashes, when the burning sky is done
    A tide of change is coming and that is what you fear
    The earthquake is a coming, but you don't want to hear"
    - Iron Maiden, "Writing on the Wall"

Ummm, I used to have severe eczema on my hands and my fingers used to sometimes grow these weird... Callus carapace things that sometimes made touch screen interaction very difficult.

Disappeared after my liver was fixed tho.

Do ye have callused fingertips by any chance?

Like, play the guitar or perform intensive work that places tremendous pressure on your fingertips?

Callus might be forming a layer that's messing with device sensing your touch.

Try using a stylus instead of your finger.
    Last edited by binkibonsai; September 22, 2022 at 03:48pm.

Vote with your wallet.

Companies will stop predatory business practices when we stop rewarding it and scrabbling for the newest shiny like brain-damaged junkies.

Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    I'll see if I can get a sample.
    Sounds like an excellent product.
    Not sure if I'd spend $20 on it though.

binkibonsai
    No calluses, but I've read that's a big factor for people that do have them and your experience confirms it.

stylus is a good idea, but more difficult to use when working with work touch screens since the work is primarily physical.
    ---
    It's not the hardware since it's on multiple device one of which is only a year old.

Quote Originally Posted by McHorde-Trooper View Post
    I'll see if I can get a sample.
    Sounds like an excellent product.
    Not sure if I'd spend $20 on it though.

binkibonsai
    No calluses, but I've read that's a big factor for people that do have them and your experience confirms it.

stylus is a good idea, but more difficult to use when working with work touch screens since the work is primarily physical.
    ---
    It's not the hardware since it's on multiple device one of which is only a year old.
    Ive heard of touch screen gloves; these thin Spandex type gloves that have little rubbery buds on em to help with touch screen use, but that would interfere with your work if it's of a physical nature...

Alternatively just put the stylus in your shirt pocket. Easy access when ye need it!

Vote with your wallet.

Companies will stop predatory business practices when we stop rewarding it and scrabbling for the newest shiny like brain-damaged junkies.