Thread: Fixing A Vintage Ram-Man

Fixing A Vintage Ram-Man

Found this video:

BUT I hate it when people don't link the replacement part used just things like "I got it off E-Bay"

Brilliant what is the PART NUMBER for this item??

Any help??

I once used the springs for a toilet paper holder to fix mine, and it did make him spring a lot more powerful. I used 2 one for each leg.

Here's a link: https://amzn.to/3LFoET4

- - - Updated - - -

I finished watching the video, and I did mine completely different, so it won't work the same,I actually added thunder punch He-Man's arms, and remade the legs.

His fix looks cool.

Ram Man was always the most disappointing toy. He looks so cool in his cross-sell art... then you get the real thing and he looks like he was designed by an 8-year-old and his spring action can't even get him off the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    Ram Man was always the most disappointing toy. He looks so cool in his cross-sell art... then you get the real thing and he looks like he was designed by an 8-year-old and his spring action can't even get him off the ground.
    Seems a lotta people didn't like him that much.

Funny, he was actually one of me favourites as a kiddo.

Also, why are people trying to get him airborne?

He's supposed to be held by his feet and pointed at another figure or barrier n used as a spring loaded ram.

Vote with your wallet.

Companies will stop predatory business practices when we stop rewarding it and scrabbling for the newest shiny like brain-damaged junkies.

Quote Originally Posted by binkibonsai View Post

Funny, he was actually one of me favourites as a kiddo.

Also, why are people trying to get him airborne?

He's supposed to be held by his feet and pointed at another figure or barrier n used as a spring loaded ram.

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca88...gFrKbcshJdzuRE
    OK we get it he's not supposed to be like that but I want to get a couple of mine fixed so using that ACTUAL spring would be helpful....

I mean he was alright. I'm just sayin'... what they sold us vs. what we got:

ram man.jpg

ram man.jpg

Back on topic I need the EXACT pieces the guy used for this is he a member here?

Wouldn't any springs in the dimensions he listed do the trick?

Also I have no idea if he's a member here. I'm pretty new meself.

Vote with your wallet.

Companies will stop predatory business practices when we stop rewarding it and scrabbling for the newest shiny like brain-damaged junkies.

ram man.jpg

Why do you have 2 pictures of the same thing, did you just copy the same picture of Ram-man twice?

Wouldn't any springs in the dimensions he listed do the trick?

Also I have no idea if he's a member here. I'm pretty new meself.
    The dimension he said didn't add up cm then mm then wide diameter...

He should just I used a 8MM X 7.5MM X 6.5MM etc.

All the one's around me are WAY to wide so it would be nice to know the actual dimensions etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Still looking.......

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Still looking.......
    Have you considered messaging Toy Polloi on YouTube or his website and asking him?

Have you considered messaging Toy Polloi on YouTube or his website and asking him?
    Yes he said it was in the video but the ACTUAL measurements are what I need the EXACT compression spring...

UPDATE:

I've searched EVERY website and E-bay there is NO 8CM Long 7MM Width and 7mm Depth Compression spring.....

I guess I'll have to put these on the back burner....
    Last edited by Megalodon; September 27, 2022 at 07:25pm.

Yes he said it was in the video but the ACTUAL measurements are what I need the EXACT compression spring...

UPDATE:

I've searched EVERY website and E-bay there is NO 8CM Long 7MM Width and 7mm Depth Compression spring.....

I guess I'll have to put these on the back burner....
    Well you can cut a spring down to make it shorter...

Well you can cut a spring down to make it shorter...
    Well there in lies the problem he said in the video L = 8CM W=7MM D=7MM

Either they are all in MM or CM because those dimensions don't exist in the world CM & MM in the SAME part?

No oh well

Well there in lies the problem he said in the video L = 8CM W=7MM D=7MM

Either they are all in MM or CM because those dimensions don't exist in the world CM & MM in the SAME part?

No oh well
    That does sound a bit confusing, but I would guess he meant that the spring was 8CM long and 7MM diameter.

That does sound a bit confusing, but I would guess he meant that the spring was 8CM long and 7MM diameter.
    And I asked him if he was sure and told me where to go in the video even though he told me he wasn't 100% sure... Oh well I'm not going to buy something that won't work...

If anyone can actually HELP please post here I know there are ALOT of people that have knowledge that would actually SHARE and explain which type size etc. to use that's not asking too much

Just get some 7mm diameter springs and return them if they don't fit. Amazon has a return policy, you know. https://www.amazon.com/Hardware-Spri...ps%2C99&sr=8-8

Alternatively, take your Ram Man to a hardware store and check what springs will fit.

Alternatively alternatively, MEASURE the hole in Ram Man's legs with a digital caliper so you know exactly what size you need.

This isn't an unsolvable problem.

Just get some 7mm diameter springs and return them if they don't fit. Amazon has a return policy, you know. https://www.amazon.com/Hardware-Spri...ps%2C99&sr=8-8

Alternatively, take your Ram Man to a hardware store and check what springs will fit.

Alternatively alternatively, MEASURE the hole in Ram Man's legs with a digital caliper so you know exactly what size you need.

Done that my local hardware store,Home depot,lowes the guy CAN list what he used but won't why is it so hard just to say "hey I used this type" and link that if you have a link

I hate it when people do something then don't want to let someone know and just give them a "vague" answer that really doesn't make any sense I guess they have to "keep that" their own little "secret"

Whatever

If anyone wants to help me and others out with the "real" length & width (Hell just even a link to e-bay would be cool)

Either the original length or the bigger one mentioned in the video

- - - Updated - - -

The guy even responded back saying he found the link on E-Bay but would not send the link?

I asked him nice and he being totally rude & childish to not send the link (he has his own website or could e-mail it to me but no)

I don't get people when they play games like this is it so hard to send a LINK so people can buy it themselves and fix it?? Why have a website or youtube channel on how to fix things when you won't even post anything to help people that need help...My god how old are we?

Well I give up got 4 of them that are going to forever be broken...

That guy is acting like a total d-bag I love how people "help" then don't even when you are being nice to them..

Perfect respond to someone that doesn't give a ****:

I've just had a quick search on ebay and there are quite a few sellers listing springs using the dimensions mentioned in the video. I'm not posting a link here as they go out of date so quickly, which is why I give the details in the video.
    Lame excuse....

IMG_20221202_204748.jpg