Thread: Disney's The Owle House

Disney's The Owle House

Given how season 3 is about to start in a couple of weeks and I just finished watching season 2. I'm wondering if anyone else around here has watched it?

I can say it's a really good show and I would certainly recommend it to anyone round here who hasn't seen it. Although a word of warning there are some LGBT elements in it (particularly the main character and her love interest), for those who are turned off by that kind of thing.

Anyone the show mostly revolves around a girl called Luz being transported to a realm of demons witches called the Boiling Isles and her adventures as she becomes an apprentice to a rouge witch called Eda the Owl Lady.

Season 1 is mostly fun slice of life adventures (with some horror elements), while seeding plot elements toe become important later on. Season 2 still has the sense of fun from the first season, but is ultimately much darker and more serous and has a much more focus of the overarching story.

It also has a surprisingly dark and sardonic sense of humour at times, especially for a kids show that aired on a Disney channel. Although maybe that isn't a surprise since the Boiling Isles is a rather macabre setting.

It also has a real catchy theme tune.

So yeah a real fun show I would recommend it.

My daughter has really enjoyed this series, though I understand it has been canceled. There are numerous things being blamed, but from what I've read, it's more about a branding issue than any of the other theories.

Here's a link to a July article from Screenrant.
    MOTU Origins Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Anti-Eternia Characters, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy
    Hermione's Toy Box on Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8C...xlwUttPSJAUZMA

Been watching this since the show started. A very good mix of creepy and cute, with some very involved characters. Makes me rather annoyed Disney decided not to go forward with this, like the same mistake they made with Gargoyles. Hopefully season 3 allows it to go out with a bang, even if it has been shortened to 3 45 minute specials. That it has so much crossover with Gravity Falls makes it even better.

King forever!!
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    My daughter has really enjoyed this series, though I understand it has been canceled. There are numerous things being blamed, but from what I've read, it's more about a branding issue than any of the other theories.

Here's a link to a July article from Screenrant.
    From what I understand the problem was that it was that it's audience is generally older than the 6-12 year olds they're channel is mostly aimed at.

Heroic Warrior
    I enjoy the show but yeah doesn't fit most of the other shows on the channel. Feels like it should have been on CN 15+ years ago.