Thread: Hasbro’s Indiana Jones Collections

Hasbro’s Indiana Jones Collections

https://toynewsi.com/278-44603Pulse-Con showed off Hasbro’s offerings for everyone’s favorite archaeologist yesterday afternoon, including a Retro-Style Indy that copies the original (they actually scanned Steve Evans’ Vintage Toy!) which will boost thumbs that don’t break off.

Also coming is a line of 6” figures, the first wave based on ROTLA. The wave includes Indy, Marian, Sallah, Belloq (in his ceremonial robes) (Why do they always go with that look only? I’m hoping for a more versatile Belloq later.), and Toht. Each Congress with pieces to build the Ark of the Covenant in Hasbro’s new, all-cardboard packaging.

They also announced a replica of the Headpiece to the Staff of Ra that lights up as well as a more youth-oriented line (said to be similar to Star Wars Mission Fleet).

Anyone else excited about this stuff? I loved the heck out of Hasbro’s 2008 Indy line, and while I was really hoping we’d see that continue, I’m down for all this stuff. (I preordered the Retro Figure and the first two 6” figures (Indy and Toht) last night. My daughter is excited too, but she was also hoping for more 3.75” figures, including remakes of that list Wave I never tracked down (The SDCC Exclusive). She still loves getting that ’08 line out and playing with them.
    MOTU Origins Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Anti-Eternia Characters, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy
    Hermione's Toy Box on Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8C...xlwUttPSJAUZMA

The 6" Indiana Jones figures look amazing.
    I definitely would like to get most of the figures from all the movies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Belloq (in his ceremonial robes) (Why do they always go with that look only? I’m hoping for a more versatile Belloq later...
    Probably because it's a rather boring look and not very toyetic. Although a regular version would be cool.

Heroic Warrior
    To be honest, im more excited at the prospect of a temple of doom wave...with something like build-a-minecart & track lol.

For this wave will definitely get Toht and Indy. It is odd though, that Toht has a removable hat while Indy doesnt.

I had to look around a bit to find somewhere in the UK that had an Indy figure not showing as sold out but managed to get one, otherwise I wouldn’t have bothered with the line.

BBTS has some of them up right now:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Searc...53&PageSize=50
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

These are spectacular and I have been waiting for this for a while! I hope I can keep up with all the lines I collect but, I did preorder the first two figs.

I really want a Short Round and the mine cart too! And some sort of diorama/ playset.

I'll be getting the 6" stuff. They look awesome. I only dread the inevitable store exclusives.

Assuming the next wave it’sTOD, what are the five figures everyone would want in it,
    ? What remix/prop would you want to build?

My picks:
    -Indy (bridge scene)
    -Short Round
    -Mola Ram
    -Giant Thuggee
    -Willie Scott (temple escape)

Build a mine car would be awesome, but I’d want at least two…!

I’m hoping for some environments, too, so maybe those could be built.
    MOTU Origins Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Anti-Eternia Characters, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Those picks are pretty much spot on. Id prefer Willie in her "Anything Goes" attire but its all good.
    Some kind of deluxe set for the sacrifice chamber would be cool. Wouldnt expect it to be too elaborate and movie accurate....maybe just the chamber w/ a frame to suspend it and a figure packed in.

A 6" scale figure of Pat Roach as either the German Mechanic ROTLA or as the Giant Thugee TOD would be awesome.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    A 6" scale figure of Pat Roach as either the German Mechanic ROTLA or as the Giant Thugee TOD would be awesome.
    When it was announced the first wave was going to be Raiders, i assumed the mechanic was going to be included. Arguably, hes the most toyetic of the bunch, adds some contrast to the rest of the wave visually and his fight with Indy is a pretty iconic moment in the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcr4 View Post
    When it was announced the first wave was going to be Raiders, i assumed the mechanic was going to be included. Arguably, hes the most toyetic of the bunch, adds some contrast to the rest of the wave visually and his fight with Indy is a pretty iconic moment in the movie.
    You are definitely right. That's an awesome scene.
    Pat Roach was also a wrestler, so it would be cool for him to get a 6" scale figure since he never had an action figure of him as a wrestler.

I'll for sure get the 6" Indy figure.

Fortunately I don't need anyone else from the line. I'll display him on my desk by himself.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    I'll for sure get the 6" Indy figure.

Fortunately I don't need anyone else from the line. I'll display him on my desk by himself.
    I think I'm on the same boat.
    Still, there could be many variations of Dr Jones from "Raiders..." to a sleeveless in "Temple..." or even disguised as a German WWII officer from "Last...", which I highly doubt it would be released. I actually doubt that any Nazi figure would be released in this line.

In any case, I don't know if released, I may eventually get a Short Round and Dr Henry Jones figures
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab - whitespyders

My feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    I think I'm on the same boat.
    Still, there could be many variations of Dr Jones from "Raiders..." to a sleeveless in "Temple..." or even disguised as a German WWII officer from "Last...", which I highly doubt it would be released. I actually doubt that any Nazi figure would be released in this line.

In any case, I don't know if released, I may eventually get a Short Round and Dr Henry Jones figures
    Classic Indy "completes" the line for me.

(I love when that happens)

They could just do the Nazis the way they did in the’08 line, as German soldiers. Also, they could just call them “enemy soldiers“ or something to avoid any trouble.

I agree Past Roach needs love for both his roles in the first two films. (I don’t think we’ll ever see a figure of his heavily trimmed role from TLC. A second Raiders wave would HAVE to include the Mechanic, and I’d love to also see Monkey Man, soldiers, Katanga (who I understand was sculpted for the last line before it ended), Satipo, Belloq in any of his other looks, and I’m sure they’ll throw us an Indy in each wave, so we could see his Cairo streets look, his Nazi disguise, or his Arab disguise from the Map Room.

Other TOD Wave picks: Club Obi-Wan Indy, Lao Che, Club OW Willie, and some Thuggee guards.

TLC Picks:
    -Henry Sr.
    -Elsa (Desert Gear)
    -Walter Donovan (with multiple aging heads!)
    -Colonel Vogel
    -Sallah
    -Indy (Castle rescue)

Now, who wants other items? Dioramas? Vehicles? I can’t imagine getting big ones, but motorcycles…horses…But no camels, Sallah!

A second Raiders wave would HAVE to include the Mechanic, and I’d love to also see Monkey Man, soldiers, Katanga (who I understand was sculpted for the last line before it ended), Satipo, Belloq in any of his other looks, and I’m sure they’ll throw us an Indy in each wave, so we could see his Cairo streets look, his Nazi disguise, or his Arab disguise from the Map Room.
    I'm sure some of these will be exclusives. I got a feeling this line will be just like Hasbro's Star Wars line. Lots of multipaks and exclusives. UGH!

Don't forget the Haslab Well of Souls Playset.

We need a suited up university professor Indy as well.

One thing I adored about the '08 line was how easy it was to swap parts. I managed to make a decent Professor Indy using a spare Henry Sr, and using the arms from a jacket-less Indy, I made a decent Desert Henry.

I'm sure they're thinking about HasLab offerings for this (trucks, tanks, playsets/dioramas), but I doubt they'd get the support they need, Indy historically doesn't do as well as a toyline as I wish it would.

I'll be interested to see how the younger-aimed Mission Fleet-style line does.

TLC Picks:
    -Henry Sr.
    -Elsa (Desert Gear)
    -Walter Donovan (with multiple aging heads!)
    -Colonel Vogel
    -Sallah
    -Indy (Castle rescue)
    And the Grail Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    And the Grail Knight.
    Yes!

I mean, I'm clearly a sucker for this stuff. I'd probably be down for some really niche characters that most people wouldn't be interested in. Still, the Grail Knight made it into the '08 line, and he would be even more impressive at this scale.

Now, I know KOTCS is not beloved, and I'll readily agree that it's the weakest in the series, but I would still be down for some figures because it does have some great ideas, several fun sequences, and I dug the B-movie take on an Indy adventure. My top wants for that would be:
    -Indy
    -Spalko
    -Oxley
    -Marian
    -Dovchenko (Russian Uniform)
    -Mac
    -Mutt
    -Crystal Skull alien
    -Crystal Skeleton
    -and some Russian soldiers
    (I can supply my own "big damn ants." I live in Texas, and our ants scale well enough.

Yes, the German Mechanic is a must!

I would also like some type of "expendable" Soldier figures (Nazi-esque)... with alternate heads / weapons for army building.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

I’m hoping they make (remake) that German Mechanic for the Retro line so we can add him to our ‘08 collection. Same thing for Toht, Marian (dress), and Belloq (in his normal attire) (since we’re not getting that Lost Wave rereleased).