Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Masterverse" Comic #1 (4-issue miniseries) solicitations

He-Man historian

"Masterverse" Comic #1 (4-issue miniseries) solicitations

MASTERS OF UNIVERSE MASTERVERSE #1 (OF 4)

In Shops: Feb 15, 2023

In the depths of Castle Grayskull, the Sorceress and Zodac debate the value of He-Man. To save the life of her champion, the Sorceress must take the Cosmic Enforcer on a tour of the multiverse! First, a tour across a world where a dim, barbaric He-Man bumbles through a world of annoying warrior goddesses and bored demons as he's pursued by a hungry green tiger in a tale drawn by the legendary Sergio Aragonés! Then, a stop in an Eternia where the power of Grayskull summons an entirely different warrior in a horrific ghost story illustrated by Kelley Jones!

Written by MOTU alumni Tim Seeley (Injustice vs. Masters of the Universe, Masters of the Multiverse) with a framing story by Eddie Nunez, this is an anthology series not to be missed!

A brand-new anthology series featuring art by Sergio Aragonés, Kelley Jones, Eddie Nunez, Fico Ossio, David Rub n, Claudia Balboni, and many more!

SRP: 3.99
    From bleedingcool:

ISSUE #1 Cover art and variants

He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

ˇ ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Big Zodac fan here who's been waiting for what feels like an eternity for this guy to take center stage in a MOTU story... and, while I don't know if that's necessarily going to be the case here in the comic's story, it's nice at the very least to see him take the center of the comic book COVER like he's the main character

I wonder how former Mad cartoonist Aragonés' artwork in the Masterverse comics looks like. And I hope the style is not cartoonlike just like he drew in all issues of Mad.
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

Really happy to get more MOTU comics and I love the multiverse angle. Masters of the Multiverse was one of my favourite things...really fun, surprisingly impactful.

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Big Zodac fan here who's been waiting for what feels like an eternity for this guy to take center stage in a MOTU story... and, while I don't know if that's necessarily going to be the case here in the comic's story, it's nice at the very least to see him take the center of the comic book COVER like he's the main character
    It does sound like he's front and center in the framing story, which is nice. Probably means he won't be in any of the individual multiverse stories though.

He-Man historian
    Quote Originally Posted by anytimepally View Post
    It does sound like he's front and center in the framing story, which is nice. Probably means he won't be in any of the individual multiverse stories though.
    As we saw in an early preview page, it sounds like a framing device for the anthology stories. That Zodac will take us one by one...

ˇ ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Absolutely fabulous, I can't wait for these!
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Maybe I was confused, but I thought we were getting a New Eternia comic, not a Masterverse comic. Is this the same series that was announced a while back, or an additional one? If it's the only one, I personally have to say I'm pretty disappointed. Mostly because I'm sick and tired of only getting limited MOTU comic runs. The past few years we have gotten one 6 issue limited series after another, and now a 4 issue mini series? When are we going to get another ongoing series!?!?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

He-Man historian
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    Maybe I was confused, but I thought we were getting a New Eternia comic, not a Masterverse comic. Is this the same series that was announced a while back, or an additional one?
    Yes it is the same one that was teased. The official name is ”Masterverse” and like we have seen in the toys, it Includes many aspects and ”canons” such as New Eternia, Netflix He-Man, etc. The cover shows them behind Zodac.

The past few years we have gotten one 6 issue limited series after another, and now a 4 issue mini series? When are we going to get another ongoing series!?!?
    Mattel had through DC Comics the 6-issue storyarcs in past years. Though something like Thundercats crossover each issue had a bit more pages than usual.

Currently through Dark Horse we have gotten 4-issue miniseries like ”Revelation prequel” and now this ”Masterverse”. Fingers crossed there will be more after it.

Maybe I was confused, but I thought we were getting a New Eternia comic, not a Masterverse comic. Is this the same series that was announced a while back, or an additional one? If it's the only one, I personally have to say I'm pretty disappointed. Mostly because I'm sick and tired of only getting limited MOTU comic runs. The past few years we have gotten one 6 issue limited series after another, and now a 4 issue mini series? When are we going to get another ongoing series!?!?

TBH I never expected this to be ongoing. It just didn't felt like it.

I just feel like MOTU deserves an ongoing comic. I'm tired of all the mini series.

CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Call Your Champion Voodoo Magic's Avatar
    Maybe I was confused, but I thought we were getting a New Eternia comic, not a Masterverse comic.
    Yeah, I get the confusion. Mattel originally announced this as "Coming Soon... New Eternia Comics from Dark Horse!" Perhaps they hadn't decided upon an official name yet or made a last minute name change since that original MOTUesday announcement.

It's too bad this isn't an ongoing series though. "Masterverse" is a large umbrella name with lots of promise, where you can tell a multitude of stories within, along many continuities... more than just New Eternia.
    - - - - -
    FOR ETERNIA Official YouTube Channel
    News, Podcasts, Reviews, Unboxings and More

ForEternia.com
    News & Content on Masters of the Universe: Revelation, Revolution & More

- - - - -

Well those ARE New Comics about Eternia, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    Well those ARE New Comics about Eternia, right?
    LOL... well there ya go.
    - - - - -

ForEternia.com

- - - - -

I'm annoyed by these limited series too. 4 - 6 issues is barely enough to establish a story and characters, and by the time the reader is emotionally invested into it, it's over, followed by long periods of nothing. Very frustrating. If so many other, far more obscure properties can have ongoing comics, I can't see why MOTU can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Neophron View Post
    I wonder how former Mad cartoonist Aragonés' artwork in the Masterverse comics looks like. And I hope the style is not cartoonlike just like he drew in all issues of Mad.
    His chessboard cover is in the first post.

I would expect it'll be done exactly in his "Groo the Wanderer" style.

Thanks for sharing!!

This is going to be awesome!

I love the whole multi-verse / alternate realities take on MOTU... it really lends itself well to the overall sci-fi / fantasy themes and different aesthetics (even if it is being overdone nowadays...)
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

He-Man historian
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Magic View Post
    Mattel originally announced this as "Coming Soon... New Eternia Comics from Dark Horse!" Perhaps they hadn't decided upon an official name yet or made a last minute name change since that original MOTUesday announcement.
    Neither of those two options.

But I agree it can be disorienting for fans who keep track more closely. I guess for a more general public, they heard that some new MOTU comic was gonna come soon, and now we got the official solicitation.

MOTU sadly has not had multiple comics appearing at the same time since... 2012 when they had 6-issue miniseries and same time digital-firsts. So I feel its a safer bet that MOTU will have one comic title at a time released (since I did see some fans on social media also think that there were two different comic runs coming now).

Then, a stop in an Eternia where the power of Grayskull summons an entirely different warrior in a horrific ghost story illustrated by Kelley Jones!
    Interesting, is Castle Grayskullman being reimagined as a ghost?

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    Interesting, is Castle Grayskullman being reimagined as a ghost?
    Oh, this would be so awesome!

Or, the defender of Grayskull who has no morals toward right and wrong... just his (its?) duty!

We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Oh, this would be so awesome!

Or, the defender of Grayskull who has no morals toward right and wrong... just his (its?) duty!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTWsmdSAzjs
    hahah love it

Widget
    I love anthologies...really the only kind of comics I read anymore. I hope this is successful and they decide to continue the series.

Looking forward to this!
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

This Masterverse series is confirmed to be in the Revelation Universe:

https://foreternia.com/2022/11/confi...ation-universe
    - - - - -

ForEternia.com

- - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Magic View Post
    This Masterverse series is confirmed to be in the Revelation Universe:

https://foreternia.com/2022/11/confi...ation-universe
    Ugh. Why can't we just get a New Eternia comic in its own continuity?