Thread: What was Orko,s greatest magic spell ?

What was Orko,s greatest magic spell ?

So i was basically watching a season 2 episode title "To Save Skeletor" raises the Demon Sh Gora ? Looks like a Cyclops Hutt . XD

So anyways near the end , Sh Gora is slowly dragging HeMan into his dimension . Orko literally casts a useful spell . A DnD approved Lightning Bolt . I am thinking that muddled magician did something amazing and was done on purpose , and on Eternia . I know he is a Arch Mage in Trolla .
    Sure i could point out Orko summoned Daimar a literal King of Demons also a very impressive spell but that was unintentional .

My question is Did Orko , on Eternia , purposely cast a spell more impressive than Lighting Bolt ?

That's a difficult question, Lokus.
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

He-Man historian
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    So i was basically watching a season 2 episode title "To Save Skeletor" raises the Demon Sh Gora ? Looks like a Cyclops Hutt . XD

So anyways near the end , Sh Gora is slowly dragging HeMan into his dimension . Orko literally casts a useful spell . A DnD approved Lightning Bolt . I am thinking that muddled magician did something amazing and was done on purpose , and on Eternia . I know he is a Arch Mage in Trolla .
    Sure i could point out Orko summoned Daimar a literal King of Demons also a very impressive spell but that was unintentional .

My question is Did Orko , on Eternia , purposely cast a spell more impressive than Lighting Bolt ?
    Orko also is very effective in "The Colossor Awakes" by having the sun explode with rays of light against the giant stone being.

It's not a difficult question, but might be a subjective one, on which magic feats Orko does on Eternia are the greatest or most powerful.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Recall Evilseed when Sorceress said that it will take combined forces of He-Man, Skeletor and herself to beat Evilseed but in the end Orko was also helping? I always liked to think that he's one of the most powerful beings on Eternia, it's just that only Sorceress is the only to know this. Didn't he multiply himself once in a gag? Or multiplied chocolate cake into an enormous tower? I recall him once accidentally blowing entire castle in excitement after his uncle complimented him? In 200X he made giant statues levitate and turned statue into a real dragon. And then there is fact that he was the one tasked with casting Spell Of Separation in Classics.

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    I've noticed that Orko's magic tends to work right, or at least well enough to be helpful, when it matters. If it's in the heat of battle or some life threatening situation then he can pull off what he wants, or at least something useful. It's when he's goofing off or just doing magic for performance that it goes haywire and doesn't perform properly.

There's probably some exception somewhere as is usually the case when dealing with multiple writers for a property, but this is what I've observed and accepted in my head canon.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

He-Man historian
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    I've noticed that Orko's magic tends to work right, or at least well enough to be helpful, when it matters. If it's in the heat of battle or some life threatening situation then he can pull off what he wants, or at least something useful. It's when he's goofing off or just doing magic for performance that it goes haywire and doesn't perform properly.

There's probably some exception somewhere as is usually the case when dealing with multiple writers for a property, but this is what I've observed and accepted in my head canon.
    I'd say you are on the right track. And in Filmation terms it varies from writer to writer. For Orko's personality and behaviour some writers treated him like a small child, while others had him be more like a teenager.

Magic-wise when Orko is needed on the spot, he was useful. Which also is an easy writing technique that at the beginning of an episode you can show Orko attempt to levitate some small item and fail. But by the end of the episode he CAN do it, and help save the day.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

His zapping Sh'Gora is one of my favorite Orko moments. It's one of those things that makes me want to make an "Orko Does Something Awesome" counter.

I wouldn't call any of these his greatest, but I like the string of awesome little things he did in 'Pawns of the Game Master', where he freed himself from the bonds on his wrists, then freed Teela, then magically lifted debris off Adam, then made a curtain fall on the episode's villain, and then finished it off by blinding a nearby monster with a magic blast. None of those are too impressive on their own (well, maybe blinding the monster is), but to see things go right for him in a chain is kind of satisfying.
    Don't mind me, I'm just sitting in the corner with Trollan headcanons.

Heroic Warrior
    He did teleport at least a few hundred miles with relative accuracy in the good shall survive. probably not the objectively greatest, but at least somewhat impressive regardless. will update you if i can think of anything else.