Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Snake Men Factions and Who They Command

  1. #1
    master of accessories facet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,032

    Snake Men Factions and Who They Command

    So Serpentina and the Unnamed One felt that King Hsssssss is not the only one that can lead a faction of Snake men and the Classics canon breaks it down for us as to who is under who's command. Many a times they will consolidate under one banner but a few a are loyal to certain leaders. If you feel this list is inaccurate in any way, please feel free to express that notion.

    Serpentina -Goddess to the evil Snake men, Supreme Leader to them all.


    Unnamed One-Servant of Serpentina, created the Snakemen for her.


    King Hssss
    King Hssss – Dreadful Disguised Leader of the Snake Men
    Real Name: Hssss of the Viper House

    A servant of the Unnamed One, Hssss was chosen to lead an army of Snake Men to the planet of Eternia to plunder its magical secrets. He ruled Eternia for three centuries until a rebellion formed under D’vann Grayskull. Soon afterwards, the Horde invaded and Hssss was drawn into a three-way war. All three sides agreed to a temporary truce in order to construct the Three Towers, but Hssss was betrayed by Hordak and in time was banished to the Void by the Elders and Zodak. For five thousand years he and his army waited until Evil-Lyn and a Snake Men descendant named Kobra Kahn opened the Snake Pit to free them. King Hssss often tricks foes by appearing heroic but then transforms into a seething mass of serpents and leads the Snake Men into battle!

    Rattlor


    Tung Lashor


    Snake Face


    Squeeze


    High Priest Pyhonus


    Kobra Khan(when convenient)


    Ssnake Man at Arms


    Snakemen


    Lady Slither

    Revenge Squad- all not snake men
    Major Header
    Muckman
    Bubblor
    Tri Beast
    Rajar
    Gangstor (although disquailfied)
    Diabolical Snakes
    Camo Khan, then Reptilax


    Fangor


    Terr-roar


    Lord Gr'asp


    Snake Troopers

    Golden Rod

    Vypor

    Annacondus
    Quick Flick
    Last edited by facet; January 10, 2023 at 04:13pm.

  2. #2
    Heroic Warrior Neophron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    2,697
    Gangstor? What a name.
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

  3. #3
    Heroic Warrior Smitty.81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    2,611
    Personally I like the idea that King Hiss is the ruler of all Snakeman there is no one above him other than their god Serpos. If he's not around his fallowers are doing everything they can to find him, free him or resurrect him. Any Snakeman the deviates from this behavior is killed by the others. I see them as one race with a relentless devotion to their belief that they are the supreme form of life, and all other living things belong to them to do with as they please.
    Masters of the Smittyverse!
    Last update 3/19/2023

  4. #4
    master of accessories facet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,032
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    Personally I like the idea that King Hiss is the ruler of all Snakeman there is no one above him other than their god Serpos. If he's not around his fallowers are doing everything they can to find him, free him or resurrect him. Any Snakeman the deviates from this behavior is killed by the others. I see them as one race with a relentless devotion to their belief that they are the supreme form of life, and all other living things belong to them to do with as they please.
    I get what your saying here Smitty81, but in dealing what is dealt to us in the classics storyline, my questions still remains, is the way im looking at this correct in regards as to who commands who, I know a couple characters like Fangor, Khan, Lord grasp, Quick Flick jump around a bit. This image soldifies who are part of the Diabolical Snakes.

  5. #5
    Heroic Warrior Smitty.81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    2,611
    Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    I get what your saying here Smitty81, but in dealing what is dealt to us in the classics storyline, my questions still remains, is the way im looking at this correct in regards as to who commands who, I know a couple characters like Fangor, Khan, Lord grasp, Quick Flick jump around a bit. This image soldifies who are part of the Diabolical Snakes.
    https://i.imgur.com/5DzSiAv.png
    From those images I get the impression that King Hiss assigned those Snakemen to work for Kamo Kahn.
    Masters of the Smittyverse!
    Last update 3/19/2023

  6. #6
    master of accessories facet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,032
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    From those images I get the impression that King Hiss assigned those Snakemen to work for Kamo Kahn.
    Yeah from this comic, yes king hsssssss , assigned these to khan, but if your read camo khans bio,and snake troopers bio, they back this up , but reading terr-roars bios its hard to pin point where he falls under. also where do these 3 fall into place. I see Reptilax and Lady slither there and i know one of them appeared in the same mini comic as reptialx in regards to vintage material.



    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by facet; December 12, 2022 at 01:36pm.

  7. #7
    Heroic Warrior Smitty.81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    2,611
    Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    Yeah from this comic, yes king hsssssss , assigned these to khan, but if your read camo khans bio,and snake troopers bio, they back this up , but reading terr-roars bios its hard to pin point where he falls under. also where do these 3 fall into place. I see Reptilax and Lady slither there and i know one of them appeared in the same mini comic as reptialx in regards to vintage material.
    https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...6&d=1670866303
    https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...7&d=1670866378
    https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...4&d=1519916950
    https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...2&d=1560698888
    I don't know. I don't like the classics bios, they have too much back story to them and they sometimes droop names and places that I don't know. I like to be the master of my own MOTU universe so I can ignore any part of the official canon I want.
    Masters of the Smittyverse!
    Last update 3/19/2023

  8. #8
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    768
    Donít forget facet this camo khan artwork belongs to the origins timeline. So members and how they came to be are different from the classics timeline. The origins timelines shares many similarities with the classics one. In classics, Khan founded the diabolical snakes after king hsss was decapitated by zodak. skeletor gave khan his camo powers so he and the diabolical snakes could to collect magical items to enter grayskull. Instead khan stole the havoc staff and gave it to a recovering hsss.

  9. #9
    master of accessories facet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,032
    Quote Originally Posted by dan1980 View Post
    Don’t forget facet this camo khan artwork belongs to the origins timeline. So members and how they came to be are different from the classics timeline. The origins timelines shares many similarities with the classics one. In classics, Khan founded the diabolical snakes after king hsss was decapitated by zodak. skeletor gave khan his camo powers so he and the diabolical snakes could to collect magical items to enter grayskull. Instead khan stole the havoc staff and gave it to a recovering hsss.
    Updating this know with the Diabolical Snakes bio we got, essentially they are absorbed as lady slithers forces. Also it looks as if Fangor is now with Lady slither according to this bio as well.
    Last edited by facet; January 10, 2023 at 04:12pm.

  10. #10
    Court Magician kentNelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    59
    We already have King Hiss, Camo Khan, Kobra Khan, Rattlor and Tung Lashor is coming. Squeezee and Snake Face will be released as a deluxe in 2023. The Snake Troopers will show up this year too. And there are rumor that Terroar, Lord Gr'asp and Reptilax will appear too. I guess Tyrantisaus will appear soon or later as MC or crowfunding.

    It would be nice if Mateel continued a bit longer and gave us Lady Lither, Fang-Or, Quick Flick, Toxoid (An easy repaint), Stretch Neck, Vypor and Golden Rod. Seven figures and Snake Men would be completed.

    My order of priorities would be:
    Lady slither
    Fang-Or
    Golden Rod
    Toxoid
    Quick Flick
    Stretch Neck
    Vypor.

  11. #11
    Heroic Warrior Smitty.81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    2,611
    Quote Originally Posted by kentNelson View Post
    Squeezee and Snake Face will be released as a deluxe in 2023.
    So the next (last) deluxe wave for 23 will be two Snakemen? I'm sorry I just don't see that happening.


    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Masters of the Smittyverse!
    Last update 3/19/2023

  12. #12
    Heroic Warrior Durendal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,369
    Quote Originally Posted by kentNelson View Post
    We already have King Hiss, Camo Khan, Kobra Khan, Rattlor and Tung Lashor is coming. Squeezee and Snake Face will be released as a deluxe in 2023. The Snake Troopers will show up this year too. And there are rumor that Terroar, Lord Gr'asp and Reptilax will appear too. I guess Tyrantisaus will appear soon or later as MC or crowfunding.

    It would be nice if Mateel continued a bit longer and gave us Lady Lither, Fang-Or, Quick Flick, Toxoid (An easy repaint), Stretch Neck, Vypor and Golden Rod. Seven figures and Snake Men would be completed.

    My order of priorities would be:
    Lady slither
    Fang-Or
    Golden Rod
    Toxoid
    Quick Flick
    Stretch Neck
    Vypor.
    Anacondus too.

  13. #13
    Heroic Warrior Dinobot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    412
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Anacondus too.
    I think Anacondus is Stretch-Nek's new name. Since it only appeared in Q&A's before, it was able to be changed. Kind of like Pebblas (or however it was spelled.)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •