Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Gygor in Origins

  1. #1
    Court Magician kentNelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    59

    Gygor in Origins

    gygor-proto_full.jpg

    Do you likenthat Mattel released a Gygor Origins using the vintage mold?

  2. #2
    Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Posts
    1,675
    Gygor is my #1 want in Origins. I would buy an army's worth!
    Last edited by anytimepally; January 18, 2023 at 12:42pm.

  3. #3
    Heroic Dad, Teacher, Nerd Uki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The Woodlands,Tx
    Posts
    13,423
    I'd love that!

    It would be cool to get some Shadow Beasts, Ice Hackers, and that big, purple "shaggy foe" from the first minicomic.
    MOTU Origins Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Anti-Eternia Characters, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

    Instagram: Just_Thommy
    Hermione's Toy Box on Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8C...xlwUttPSJAUZMA

  4. #4
    Heroic Warrior Lich Leech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Battle Ram Blog
    Posts
    4,764
    Gygor would be perfect in Origins. They could do the red Ted Mayer version as well.

  5. #5
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    436
    I have a Classics Gygor with my Origins figures. I keep forgetting he's a Classics figure.

    Honestly, I think some figures like Gygor, Shadow Beast, and Granamyr could probably be rereleased in Origins with a simpler and brighter paint scheme to fit Origins.

    Not humanoids. But beasts and dragons and such.

    I think they could probably rerelease Classics Battlecat in different colors as a deluxe Battlecat. They're pretty close in size. Just needs simpler/brighter colors. Maybe a 15% size reduction if feasible.

    Frankly, I wouldn't object strenuously if they reused Classics head, chest armor, and weapons if it let them put out more variety, particularly for characters that never head a vintage toy.

  6. #6
    Court Magician kentNelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret View Post
    I have a Classics Gygor with my Origins figures. I keep forgetting he's a Classics figure.

    Honestly, I think some figures like Gygor, Shadow Beast, and Granamyr could probably be rereleased in Origins with a simpler and brighter paint scheme to fit Origins.

    Not humanoids. But beasts and dragons and such.

    I think they could probably rerelease Classics Battlecat in different colors as a deluxe Battlecat. They're pretty close in size. Just needs simpler/brighter colors. Maybe a 15% size reduction if feasible.

    Frankly, I wouldn't object strenuously if they reused Classics head, chest armor, and weapons if it let them put out more variety, particularly for characters that never head a vintage toy.
    If Origins ends and Shadow Beast and Gygor hasn't been made I will buy the Classic versions to display along the Origins.

  7. #7
    The First Avenger Megalodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Golden Age
    Posts
    6,019
    Quote Originally Posted by kentNelson View Post
    If Origins ends and Shadow Beast and Gygor hasn't been made I will buy the Classic versions to display along the Origins.
    Or just make the vintage version:



    I got one that is about 70% done
    Attached Images Attached Images

  8. #8
    Heroic Warrior Cosmic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    617
    I think I would like that! Looking at the Gygor prototype, hes a bit less realistic than the Classics, and I like that for Origins. He would be really fun to have.

  9. #9
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    East York, Ontario
    Posts
    2,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    I think I would like that! Looking at the Gygor prototype, hes a bit less realistic than the Classics, and I like that for Origins. He would be really fun to have.
    Realism sucks!!!

  10. #10
    Lord of Nothingness Darkkosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,601
    Gygor is cool and all as a character, but what I really want is the Shadow Beasts, Ice Hackers, Dragons, Demons, and all kinda of beasts and monsters they can throw at us!
    Creativity is addictive.

  11. #11
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    431
    The "Big Jim" gorilla had an arm swinging action feature, right? I hope they maintain that for Origins Gygor, so that it's completely the way vintage Gygor would have been in all ways

  12. #12
    Heroic Warrior Vorimir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Posts
    154
    It would be cool. I bought a DC like medieval Gorilla Grood for now.

  13. #13
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hellbourne, Australia
    Posts
    2,359
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret View Post
    I have a Classics Gygor with my Origins figures. I keep forgetting he's a Classics figure.

    Honestly, I think some figures like Gygor, Shadow Beast, and Granamyr could probably be rereleased in Origins with a simpler and brighter paint scheme to fit Origins.

    .
    I would LOVE these molds re-released in Origins with a brighter colour scheme. I'd take ANY Classics at this point.
    Wanted in MOTUC: 1) Masks of Power Demons 2) Mini-Comics Tri-Klops 3) Hoove 4) Vintage Attack Trak 5) Leech (Club Grayskull)
    Like Shock Rock? Check out my band: www.reverbnation.com/massrejection

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •