Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Icons of Evil : Tri-Klops" - Official Talk Back *Spoilers*

Originally posted by Goat Man
    Yeah, a lot of things were left unanswered. I didn't like how we were supposed to assume Triklops gained all of his technological knowledge from his time being a bodyguard for the wizard. I always thought he would have fashioned the doomseekers and visor himself.
    I'm operating under the assumption that because he was around the technology all the time, he knows how to use it and create similar items (I.E Doomseeker). It was never revealed in the cartoon that he actually created the doomseekers. I don't know about the rest of you, but I like this idea. If Keldor did steal the technology, then he would need someone who knows how to make it work.
    True, Trike does seem to be nothing more than a lap-dog or bootlicker, but maybe he follows some code where he is now honor-bound to follow Skeletor because he did save him.
    Beware of Sham Wow imitators.

Evil Halloween Enthusiast Razzbel's Avatar
    Otherguy: I feel your pain. My comic book guy did the same thing. BUT mine made excuses and didn't really apologize. Last week he claimed that the distributor was having problems and that this week's (Tri) was supposed to be released last week. And that Trapjaw is on backorder. I don't know. I've looked in other places, but this place is the only one that carries the comic and does subscriptions... (sigh)

NOW: I have to say that I never really liked Tri-klops in the old continuity, but I've learn to love the big lug, especially because of this story. I felt using him as a pawn showed that he is not evil, he's just been played. You feel sorry for the guy.

I like that he is loyal. Sometimes it is what happens in life; you decide to stay with someone based on one incident, and not other things that have come to pass that should carry more weight. Essentially he is a gang member because someone twisted the truth and presented it in an appealing way. It's sad but true, Tri-Klops has been played and lied to, but he's still a loyal oaf.

Some of the art was good. Not all of it, but it didn't distract me from the story like others have claimed. I thought the scientist working with Keldor looked a bit like Blade. I felt that the pages that repeated were supposed to be like that effect you see in movies where two people are fighting in the dark and the sparks from the weapons clanging together light up the room and the characters. If you notice, as they fall, you see Tri-Klops and Keldor pressing their weapons into the walls. I thought it was supposed to show that it was dark and very deep.

I didn't really like the Beastman comic too much. I did like the Merman one, I haven't seen trapjaw, but this one so far is the best. Good job everyone!

Oh, and the Chicago Horde page at the end: who did that? I really liked the silhouettes! I wish I lived in Chicago just to hang out with them! It sounds fun. I'm dying for another meeting here in El Paso!
    You can have all of the toys in the world, but they're all worthless if you have no one to play with.
    My Tattoo | Gay He-Fans | Facebook

Originally posted by Sir Reilly
    So it has been revealed that Tri-Klops is nothing else than Skeletor's pawn? Even moreso, his puppet?
    Sorry, but this is a major disappointment for me. I kinda cross fingers that one day, we will find out that Tri-Klops found a way to overthrow the spell, but decided to stay with Skeletor & Co
    I can see how some people would be upset that Tri is nothing more than a puppet by this but I think it adds to character. I mean maybe he really is a good guy who is under a spell and one day he will break away from Keldor. Maybe one day he'll join the Masters? That would be interesting. There are so many ways this could go, so I didn't mind it.
    Obey the whip! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/ak...smiley-039.gif

Smile like you mean it.

I agree. It also gives the character more depth to ask yourself: if he was free, would he side with the Masters or would he stay with Skeletor after feeling he's pretty much been one of them so long that he feels he can't change anymore? OR would he kill Skeletor like he killed his last mentor for lying to him?
    You can have all of the toys in the world, but they're all worthless if you have no one to play with.

RadioBoy
    I felt that the pages that repeated were supposed to be like that effect you see in movies where two people are fighting in the dark and the sparks from the weapons clanging together light up the room and the characters. If you notice, as they fall, you see Tri-Klops and Keldor pressing their weapons into the walls. I thought it was supposed to show that it was dark and very deep.
    This is exactly how I interpreted it. They would fall, stick their swords in the wall to stop. While slowing down, the sparks from the swords illuminated the well.Once they stopped, everything would go dark. At which time, they would turn and lunge at each other in the dark and repeat this all the way down. It had a very "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" feel to it. I don't think it was a true duplication mistake.

This may be a dumb question.

On page 12 in the lower left hand corner there is a rectangular white " frame " around two of the green beasts.
    Am I overlooking something or is this another mistake?
    Jesus Christ Died For You

I got Icons of Evil Triklops today!!!!

This comic rocks and it has the snakemen on the back Stating coming in October! IT has squeeeze and tung Lasher on the back! I would post a pic if someone would tell me how? Thanks!

OK, now after seeing the square, look at the frame on the next page... it's a zoomed in version of what's in the square. I thought that was a very cool effect... zooming in without really having to. It was shown that way to give you a sense of how big the tower is and how big Keldor's caravan is.

Hey, that's great! I loved it to. If you want to discuss it, join us in this thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...threadid=65898

In case you didn't know, there's usually an "IMPORTANT" thread at the top of the Comic Section each day that a new comic comes out. We all get together and discuss it. Let us know what you thought of it. I just got Trapjaw and need to see how that one plays out.

I felt that the pages that repeated were supposed to be like that effect you see in movies where two people are fighting in the dark and the sparks from the weapons clanging together light up the room and the characters. If you notice, as they fall, you see Tri-Klops and Keldor pressing their weapons into the walls. I thought it was supposed to show that it was dark and very deep.
    Actually no. This was a mistake and there should not have been two of the same page. That's what our fearless leader said.

Smile like you mean it.

Originally posted by Razzbel
    OK, now after seeing the square, look at the frame on the next page... it's a zoomed in version of what's in the square. I thought that was a very cool effect... zooming in without really having to. It was shown that way to give you a sense of how big the tower is and how big Keldor's caravan is.
    I understand your explanation but the lower beast has the same size body in the " zoomed " portion as it does in the " unzoomed " portion...
    I may be having a brain fart

Jesus Christ Died For You

Invisible Zombie
    saw it today but i didn't buy it. I don't like the style of the artwork. It's personal preference.

the cover is cheap as well. i really like the way when Image changed the cover to a bit thicker paper... but cross gen just used the thin paper for the cover.

Heroic Warrior

too much

to me the eoe comics cost to much $4.25 and the stories are tooo short.i went to the book store and seen trap-jaw and tri-klops and looked through them briefly and past them bye..it's just not worth 4 bucks..sorry my opinion.

That PlanetEternia.de guy Sir Reilly's Avatar
    Originally posted by divia
    I can see how some people would be upset that Tri is nothing more than a puppet by this but I think it adds to character. I mean maybe he really is a good guy who is under a spell and one day he will break away from Keldor. Maybe one day he'll join the Masters? That would be interesting. There are so many ways this could go, so I didn't mind it.
    Sadly, I see this going the easiest way now. Tri-Klops looses his helmet (or the Sorceress breaks the curse), realizes that he ain't evil and joins up with the Masters, with the only character depth maybe being that he's sorry for his former crimes. At least, that's what I guess many upcoming Tri-Klops fanfics will be about. But I want(ed) to see the inner motivations of a clever guy to join up with one of Eternia's greatest villains and do evil things. Now all I got was the answer "well, he's under a curse, he doesn't have a choice". Sorry, but this is an almost stereotypical, lame explaination for me. I kinda doubt that Tri-Klops' character will ever evolve enough to break up with Skeletor, but now the chance from him to do that on his own is kinda eradicated. How much more interesting would it be to see a now-evil character realizing that he might have chosen the wrong way, and now must find a way to get outta the mess he brought himself into.

By the way, there are two things I wonder about:
    1) Do the other Evil Warriors know about the curse upon Tri-Klops?
    2) Does he never take off that helmet? I mean, does he never wash his head?
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Loved the story, liked the art in the first few pages, disliked the art in the midsection, and then became okay with it at the end again. I don't like that feeling reading a comic- it reeks of cheap!
    But overall, I enjoyed the story so much I can forgive the 20 different fingers in the artistic pot.
    In order of fave to least-
    TrapJaw
    Tri Klops
    Beast Man
    Mer-Man

Hope the Halloween Dream one-shot is better than this stuff, as we get back to Emiliano's work!

Originally posted by Sir Reilly
    have a choice". Sorry, but this is an almost stereotypical, lame explaination for me.
    It's worse than a cliche, it's plain lazy. It's the sort of bad writing you'd expect from a cartoon.
    "So what am I supposed to do with it?"
    "It's a magic sword. You lift your arm and shout 'By the power of Grayskull', or something like that."
    "And then what happens?"
    "Then you get struck by lightning."
    *looks at the sword for a moment*
    "Here then, you try it."

Poe Ghostal
    I'm afraid I didn't like this one much. The art seemed rushed, but the story was the most dissatisfying aspect.

First, it didn't explain how Tri-Klops got all his technical know-how. He could have learned it from Keldor's Monacle-Man for all we know (who was that, anyway?). Thus, his work as a sentinel for the tower seems superfluous. Moreover, if Tri-Klops has the technical knowledge he's been shown to have on the show and the comic, are we to believe he never checks out his own visor and discovers the "subservience" controls?

Second and more significantly, it now appears that Tri-Klops is actually a "hero" who was tricked into the service of Keldor. If that's so, I find it unlikely that he would go along with all the evil acts of Keldor/Skeletor without some protest, at the very least - never mind being Skeletor's most trusted servant (e.g. The Shard of Darkness arc).

It just isn't logical. Tri-Klops wouldn't approve. I still prefer the origin presented in "The Terror of Tri-Klops." It may not account for his technological knowledge, but at least it shows why he's a bad-ass.

Of all the IoEs, this is my least favorite. The best was Trapjaw, followed by Beast-Man, then Mer-Man, then this one, which not only has a weak story, but betrays the character.
    Last edited by Poe Ghostal; September 12, 2003 at 08:51am.

Our Lady of Perverse Fic eideann's Avatar
    Originally posted by Poe Ghostal
    Of all the IoEs, this is my least favorite. The best was Trapjaw, followed by Beast-Man, then Mer-Man, then this one, which not only has a weak story, but betrays the character.
    This about sums up my feelings on this comic and the whole series. I loved Trap Jaw and Beastman.
    Fred is a blind stoat.

There is no future in the past, so forget this tomorrow.

One-third of the Triumverate of Evil.
    One-half of Obvious Kidnappers, Ink
    Founding member of the 60-inch Club
    Founding Member of the CHICKS OF FANFIC.

HordeGirl
    Didn't naturally read the comic yet (and naturally burning to get it ), but I gotta looooove the idea that he is under Keldor's spell. I agree with divia, there are so many ways of thinking out what might happen to him in the future. And deep in my heart I always knew that my boy was one of the good, YAY!
    The thing I wonder most is why the lame Sorceress didn't inform the Masters yet, that Tri is under a spell and could be saved from doing evil. Well, maybe she'll only do when a member of the Royal family is in concern*pointing to Etheria*...

Just a City Boy, Born... He-Ant's Avatar
    I just read it and it was... well, it didn't explain anything really. I know that Tri-Klops has impaired vision and his helmet makes him loyal to Skeletor. It didn't explain how Tri-Klops became Skeletor's version of Man-at-Arms. The writer should've gone more in depth. I liked the art.

Lastly, I missed Trap-Jaw and drove to two comic book stores and Waldenbooks and couldn't find it. Oh, well. I'll find it one day.
    He-Ant... the Most Powerful Skeletor Fan in the Universe

The Dark Knight BigDaddy Grayskull's Avatar
    just finished reading it

the story seemed alrite, but something seemed to be missing.

as for the art, i dint like it very much, i dint like the use of multiple artists with the style changing every few pages, it seemed a liul confusing and it was inconsistant

all in all i think the best of this series was trapjaw.
    By The Power of.... BigDaddy!!

"If you will not hear the Truth, no one can tell you."

Batman:YTB Batman...Yesterday, Today and Beyond! Home of the Internet's Biggest and Best website and forum regarding Batman!

.Org Wrestling Discussion WWE,TNA and whatever else youd like to talk about. The absolute greatest discussion forum for wrestling fans.. ever!

Another lackluster effort, unfortunatley.

Story wise, the premise is good. How he comes to be blind and the way Keldor manipulates him was a neat idea. But we really don't learn much about Tri-Klops' idenity and personality except he fights well. Why did he come to the aid of the guy in the first page? Who knows. Just very flat and bland, unlike IOE Trapjaw where I thought there was a good amount of character development for the space available.

Also, I found the art very distracting. With two artists with different styles alternating the pages, and with five people writing the dialouge, this comic lacks a lot of cohesion.

Not too impressed. It had potential but didn't carry through with enough indepth info about these characters.

Overall, besides Trapjaw, I don't think these IOEs were worth the effort.
    ----------
    The Zed Word: Zombie Blog
    Zombie movie reviews and news
    http://www.zedwordblog.blogspot.com

BTW, what's up with Keldor wearing a trenchcoat?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
    Beware of Sham Wow imitators.

Does anyone know why IOE: Tri-Klops had so many writers and artists?

Story:
    Robert Kirkman
    Diogenes Neves
    Antony Bilal
    Renato Arlem
    Josepth Domingo
    Miguel Montenegro

Illustrations:
    Bill Crabtree, Ron Riley

I wonder if MV Creations was too swamped with things and decided to play that game where someone starts a story and then passes it on to the next person?
    ----------
    The Zed Word: Zombie Blog
    Zombie movie reviews and news
    http://www.zedwordblog.blogspot.com

originally posted by RedBaron
    I wonder if MV Creations was too swamped with things and decided to play that game where someone starts a story and then passes it on to the next person?
    No, that's not the reason.

orginally posted by Caliban
    what's up with Keldor wearing a trenchcoat?!?!?!?!?!?!?
    Maybe he was cold?

Smile like you mean it.