Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Second Skin - Official Talkback Thread

Originally posted by TheShadow
    Is there any other? heh

I was just making sure. Thanks!

A.J.

Spider00x
    Man I thought this episode started off great but then turned into another magical artifact hunt... BLAH the most intertaining portions came from ORKO!!! F-ing Orko, thats pretty sad. Its nice to see hes finding more of a niche withen the masters...and for once his magic didnt go all haywire. I laughed out loud in the prison scene.

As for He-man and pals....

"Nothing on eternia can destory it eh"

I knew exactly what he was going to do but I prayed he wouldnt my god thats so cheezy, throwing to tower into the sun christ guys come on.

I bet Zodak feels pretty stupid right now for not finishing off King Hiss lol its like he gets board easy...

"The whole snakeman thing, that was last week...this week im into meditation and sleeping!!!"

-Spidey 00x

If they can't make a Snake Mountain playset, maybe they can make the Ophidian Spire. That looked cool!

This episode was a dissapointment. I kept reading everywhere that Fisto was coming out in this episode and then no Fisto. And did we really need those variants. Man @ Arms basically lived in a fish in the begening of season one and He-man was fine under water on seperation. I geuss Mekaneck doesn't rust. And Roboto dodging King Hiss powers answered the question posted on another thread about masters immune to snake face. Still no snake armor figures and I hope they don't make these on the shows into variants. So it ends with everyone back to normal them standing in the middle of a village with no concern for the villagers just walking away at least Carnivious could have said thanks or at least be aknowledged. When he launched that thing to the sun I saw other planets. But I geuss Earth and Etheria are out of the question.

Skeletor 4 Life
    Before you become a Snakeman......you see the ring. Cue Hiss scream)

I missed Skeletor.

Eternian Sports Director smeddie45's Avatar
    not a bad ep. looking forward to a ssqueeze figure now
    The curse is dead! Red Sox World Series Champs 2004.

The dynasty is alive Patriots Sper Bowl Champs: 2001, 2003, and 2004!

Much better episode than last week. Happy that Hordak was mentioned.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Court Magician

dont get it

So, skeletor just sits around and waits till he-man and the masters arent busy fighing king hssss? skeletor could have invaded greyskull in the meantime...

Originally posted by Tigerburn
    I want to see them in actual snake armor! We see MAA in his in the intro, so where the heck is it?
    GR81 says:

We actually see him in this episode with his colored armor for a split second.

I liked this episode. Good not GR8.
    GR81 says : You're role... read what GR81 writes!!!

Originally posted by Diabolica
    so what was mentioned about Hordak?
    Just that his Spell of Seperation was responsible for causing the Caves of Rakash (where the ring was) to become the Sea of Rakash.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

What's this button do? Tigerburn's Avatar
    This episode leaces me wondering a few things:
    1. How the bloody heck did they manage to capture Rattlor?! Snake Face, I can almost see him being left behind, but Rattlor? Maybe a few random Snakemen, but the General, who presumably is VERY well adept at warfare?

2. How many of King Hsss' hordes actually died? I refuse to believe their numbers have dwindled to what we saw in the last couple of episodes... maybe they've created their own new base elsewhere?

3. When shall we see more Skeletor crew/Snakemen interaction? Skeletor's the type to hold a grudge, and I imagine the actions of Hsss haven't gone unnoticed especially after this episode. I'd think Skeletor would want revenge on the one who had him swallowed by the floor.
    With chaos comes opportunity.
    Tigerburn's Deviant Art!

FalconPain
    Pretty good episode, although not one of my absolute favorites.

* This serpent's ring (hooray for the ouroboros... I should have expected it) might be cooler than the Ram Stone. It has SIX words in the incantation, not three!
    For the record: "Slinkor Makahn Sool Slandan Hishar Kranash". Add additional s's at your leisure. King Hiss did.

* I couldn't help but notice that every time Hiss used the ring while in snake form, the other four snakes would crowd around the ring as if it was the coolest thing ever. It struck me as odd. (Orko's attempt to silence Hiss was amusing, but it would have been more amusing if Hiss hadn't simply shattered it less than ten seconds later.)

* Snake Teela, we saw coming. Snake Man-At-Arms was a pretty good idea, even if his facial features weren't completely captured. Snake Mekaneck, I didn't like at all. (I was expecting more of a Rattlor head, I guess.)

* Khan is getting good at this whole "suck up to the boss" thing. If he keeps groveling at every opportunity and taking shots for King Hiss, he'll never need to join another side again!

* Well, our suspicions have been confirmed. Rattlor and Snake Face were in Grayskull, and they have been locked up ever since in... that had better not be the same dungeon as last time. Khan and Rattlor know that security system by now. (I can imagine the Masters complaining about the effort needed to imprison a stone statue, even if Snake Face is one of the lightest cast members.)

* The Sorceress is still weak from the poison? Three episodes later? If Skeletor had made a move for Grayskull instead of being infatuated with Evil-Lyn's revenge and Sortech's machinery, he might have taken Grayskull by now!

* It's nice that the Speleans were used to exposit on Hiss's position in Subternia. Still, it makes me wonder where the Caligars are.

* What happened to Roboto's voice? He used to have a lot more inflection. Now he sounds like a tenor version of Man-E's robot form.

* And WHY was Mer-Man credited in an episode with absolutely no Skeletor influence whatsoever? I know it's the Sea of Rakash, but still...

* Eternian chess must have no concept of check. That's two games now (did I say TWO?) where the winning move by Roboto is made immediately after the opponent claims to be inches away from victory. Or else it's Dumb TV Chess Cliche #1 all over again.
    Last edited by FalconPain; December 6, 2003 at 08:52pm.

Asp'r the Contrarian SnakeMenPriest's Avatar
    Hey Shadow:

We saw in this episode Orko become useful by stalling Hiss long enough for He-Man to reach the top.

Do you mind showing us just how Orko stalled Hiss?

--Asp'r
    In Kansas, it is a crime to eat rattlesnake meat in public.
    You are upsetting the blessing of the Snake God. ALL HAIL RATTLOR!!

Check out 2-bad's Original epic: Origins of The SnakeMen!

Lord Conquer
    Originally posted by Maximus
    Lord Conquer -

He-Man can likely kill anyone with his bare hands - but he isn't a killer. That's the way he is.
    I'm aware of that. My point is, with that much power, the Snakemen shouldn't be any match at all for He-Man.

What's this button do? Tigerburn's Avatar
    I'm wondering if Khan's going to be recognized for that hit he took for Hsss. Everyone was either just standing there or couldn't move fast enough. He may just get that promotion yet
    With chaos comes opportunity.
    Tigerburn's Deviant Art!

Heroic Eternian Beekeeper Meta Ray Mek's Avatar
    [Reposted and slightly altered from my review at ToonZone]

I thought it was a great episode, save for the anti-climatic ending of sorts. I honestly didn't expect Duncan and Mekaneck to get 'snaked', I originally thought Teela was going to get kidnapped and turned into a snake bride for Hiss. Boy was I pleasantly suprised!

Nice to see Orko being put to good use for once, instead of being used as either useless comic foil or a scapegoat. Whoever wrote this episode, (I didn't catch who wrote it) I gotta commend them. At lease *someone* besides Larry DiTillio has some semblance of 'respect' for the character.

I give this a 4/5. The only thing that hurts it is the rather stupid ending.
    formerly known as 'the parasite eve'

"Have killed many, Shepard. Many methods. Gunfire, knives, drugs, tech attacks, once with farming equipment. But not with medicine.”

Maximus
    Many people are wondering how General Rattlor was captured. In RotSM2, he was in Grayskull with Snake-Face when Hsss fought the Sorceress, and He-Man knocked him out - he never leapt into the Abyss with his comrades.

- Maximus

Kesmai
    So it looks as if Hordak's separation spell came after the Snake Men were trapped in the void.

Maximus
    Yes, indeed. In RotSM1, in Zodak's flashback, Snake Mountain was shown with the sun shining on it - so Hordak had not yet created the Dark Hemisphere.

- Maximus

I liked it.

I want a Serpent Mekaneck figure!

I'm SOOOO glad Zodak wasn't in it. He's such an *********. I hope we never see him again, unless they totally change up his character and attitude.

You know, now that King Hiss is the second string villain that he should be and they're not trying to pass him off as a Skeletor replacement, he's growing on me.

Yay for Snake Tower being in it.

Well, they've gone back to how Roboto's voice used to be: an almost identical copy of Man-E-Robot. Oh well, seeing as how he's hardly ever in the show I guess that's not so much of an issue.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. He-Man's snake armor SUCKS! It has no purpose whatsoever. It's only there to sell the toys that aren't available to buy yet. You know, if he went back to being the REAL He-Man he probably wouldn't get his ass kicked every episode. Seriously, he's gotten the crap kicked out of him in every episode since he got the new costume.

Does anyone else get the feeling that we're watching a pan and scan presentation? As if the episodes are meant to be watched in widescreen?

Throwing it into the sun, yeah that was a cop out. Then again, so was Superman turning back time in the movie.
    Continuing the story from where the new cartoon left off.
    Click here to check out The Continuing Adventures of He-Man!

"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
    -Harvey Dent

Great people to deal with: TRAPPER, Oz-Scott, RacerX, Rmfd79emt, Paugh, vpbpi, Royalt1us, Buffdaddyjk, SpydeR, Dr. Smith, Lord Anubis

UK MOTU Comics Junkie Mosquitor's Avatar
    Sounds marvellous.

"When you fail to make the connection you know how vital it is
    When something slips through your fingers you know how precious it is
    And you reach the point where you know it's only your Second Skin
    It's only your Second Skin
    Someone's banging on my door"
    http://www.motuukcomics.co.uk

The Masters of the Universe/She-Ra UK Comics Fan Site!

Originally posted by VaderLives
    Does anyone else get the feeling that we're watching a pan and scan presentation? As if the episodes are meant to be watched in widescreen?
    It's probobly because they animate the show in widescreen and Cartoon Network cuts it down.
    Once Photog is announced for MOTUC, I will have no idea what to put here.

Originally posted by Fearless_Photog
    It's probobly because they animate the show in widescreen and Cartoon Network cuts it down.
    Seriously?! That's so awesome! Not that CN cuts it down, but the fact that it's actually widescreen. Oh man, I want a widescreen DVD of the series now!!
    Continuing the story from where the new cartoon left off.
    Click here to check out The Continuing Adventures of He-Man!

"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
    -Harvey Dent

Great people to deal with: TRAPPER, Oz-Scott, RacerX, Rmfd79emt, Paugh, vpbpi, Royalt1us, Buffdaddyjk, SpydeR, Dr. Smith, Lord Anubis

Wow- I really really loved this episode! It was very well-paced and didn't have terrible dialogue. There was a lot of great continuity and little nuggets of info dropped. I love that Hordak- though evil- is mainly responsible for a lot of the cool geography on Eternia. His spell created the light and dark halves of the planet, and even caused a sea to form! And the other week we learned it was through him that Skeletor was born. Now that's some pretty cool stuff!!! I really hope the line continues long enough for the full-on introduction of the Horde! I loved that Orko was useful, that Snake Face and The General are held prisoner, Sorceress was still in a recovery stage, and the snake skin was used to create armor. He-Man lifting that giant tower and hurling it into the sun was a nice nod to the Filmation series... and the first glimpse we've gotten into "outer space" in this new series. Sometimes I miss He-Man performing these outrageous feats like he often did in the classic continuity, so I was very pleased with this episode. The snaked-out versions of MAA, Mek and Teela were ultra-cool and creepy-looking. The underwater battle kicked ass and Roboto was put to good use.
    All in all I rate this episode a perfect 10- no complaints from me (for a change! ).

It was a pretty good episode, and definitely better than the last one.

I liked that Orko wasn't the bumbling fool that he usually is, and the Masters fighting as Snakes was pretty cool.