Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Second Skin - Official Talkback Thread

Vegor-Friend of Animals jakobinsane's Avatar
    I am ok with the gills. It was a bit weird but it gives them a new angle. Who knows what else they can do and maybe it was because of King Hiss's magic they were able to do it in the first place. It was also great to see Orko take control like that.
    Erie Americana Punk Rock
    http://www.myspace.com/index.cfm?fus...20050215140632
    Saving lives everyday!!
    http://www.veganoutreach.org and http://www.peta.com

H.E.A.L. Human Earth and Animal Liberation

Jd1680a
    Originally posted by Skeletor 4 Life
    This is my take on the snakes Hey that rymes anyway. Since they have no technology I think anyway the writters just threw a pair of gills on them. Since King Hiss really dioesn't seem to have any power besides his Shadow Snakes and couldn't cast a spell. Though I may be wrong.
    I would understand the technology part. Perhaps they could make King Hiss use his magic enabling them to breathe underwater, just like Evil Lyn did in another episode. If King Hiss magic was so great he could have done that with out morphing gills. It just seems giving the snakemen gills is a bit out of character for being land based creatures.

For now my case will rest. In the writers point of view they thought the gills would be cool and please children. Mattel probably thought so to and kept the idea in. So there really isnt anything to say to change it.

StratosOfADown
    If He-man can throw things into the sun, why doesn't he just throw King Hsss into it? I guess maybe because He-man is not allowed to actually kill anyone. Or maybe if everything was that easy, then we wouldnt have a show.

I wasn't as impressed with this episode as I thought I'd be........however, I did like the fact that the episode focused on the Snakemen as the "bad guys" and gave Skellie and gang a break.

I'm really looking forward to next week's episode and hope that it's better.
    I have finally returned from Despondos.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...psa697c4d9.png

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by SlyVenom
    What was that vortexy thing He-Man threw the tower into?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought it was a portal left by Orko when he arrived. Anyway, I'm kinda glad it was there. It's the only way I can accept the whole throwing the tower in the sun stuff.

Gills on snakes did bother me, but we saw Evil-lyn perform a similar spell in "The Deep End" so I'm willing to buy Hiss doing the same thing.

Skeletor 4 Life
    For now my case will rest. In the writers point of view they thought the gills would be cool and please children. Mattel probably thought so to and kept the idea in. So there really isnt anything to say to change it.

Good point.

Prince-Dare
    I thought it was a pretty good episode overall. Not the best yet, but I wasn't disappointed.

I was glad the Masters didn't remain infected with the snake curse for long.

I thought Snake Mekanek looks wicked!

I think Ssssqueeze is kick ass. He's got a killer voice and it was awesome when he threw the boulder at He-Man and knocked him through the wall.

I also think King Hisss is badass. His look is pretty terrifying and suiting. It's nice to finally see him in a MOTU cartoon. I miss Skeletor, but Hisss is definitely a true badass that ranks right there with Skeletor and Hordak.

I noticed nobody has really mentioned that there were a few un-named surviving Snake Men. Let's do a roll call:

King Hisss remains along with the regulars like...
    Kobra Kahn
    Tong Lasher
    Ssssqueeze

We also know that Gen. Rattlor and Snake Face survive as prisoners.

But will we ever be introduced to the other 4 (by my count) Snake Men? I hope so. Maybe we'll also get Blast Attak. Maybe he could be created by Skeletor, but stole and re-programmed by King Hisss and made a member of the Snake Men army.

I actually wasn't disappointed to see another episode centering on the Snake Men.

However, I was mad that the Ophidian Sphire (or Snake Tower as I call it) was destroyed in it's first appearance. That would have been a cool continuity to the Snake Tower in the original mini-comics, and it would have been a cool new headquarters for the Snake Men.

The New Adventures of Ion HeManOfGreyskull's Avatar
    Just finished watching it....

yea! Orko's being really well used, and that's cool. Another thing I've noticed is that Mekaneck seems to be a favorite of the new toon, he's prominity featured in the opener, and has been on most of the new snake men missions. I really liked the episode, as it was neat to see Hiss more. He's dangerous in a way Skeletor isnt and that is that he did once rule the planet, and thus, I'm sure to get there, he's got plenty more tricks up his sleeve. It's interesting to see Rattlor and Snakeface still in jail, good continuity and I liked the mongoose trick. I laughed at that one. It was also neat to see that Roboto is well used, being a sounding board for Orko, and then helping out Orko and He-Man at that Snake tower.

Anyway, great episode, cant wait to see Power of Grayskull!
    Rob
    Captain Picard:So...five card stud, nothing wild...and the sky's the limit.

DarthPain
    I just watched it for the second time and noticed something I missed the first time.

When Orko puts muzzles on Hiss's five heads, Hiss looks at Orko in rage and Orko has the COCKIEST expression on his face, almost DeNiro-like in quality as if he's going, "What are ya gonna do about, punk?"

At least Orko was quivering in fear when he faced off against Skeletor, but he doesn't seem too impressed with Hissy so far.

Hisssss
    That was great episode. Not the best of season 2, but much better than last weeks ep. King hiss is much big threat than Skelly is...And wait to see hordak,.... yupy

well, just saw the ep here in canada, and it wasn't that bad. kinda odd how they always choose mekaneck to go with them eh? what has he ever done

anyways, at least we got an explanation of why the sorceress didn't notice the snakemen in the abyss. cool info on the sea of rakash. orko was cool too.

now for some things that bugged me. first and foremost, he-man's armour. now that i got that out of the way, here are the rest. duncan needed snakemen DNA to make the suits? so that means that the suits were alive? or did he need the information to see how the snakemen expose those "flippers"? if that's the case, then he's a horrible mechanic. another thing that bothered me was that he didn't turn he-man into a snake . and finally, if the snakemen are so scared of a mongoose, why don;t they release a bunch of them to get rid of the snakes? ala "To Walk With Dragons". i think it would have been better if Rattlor wasn't scared of the little mongoose, but then got scared when he got big.

anyways, good episode all around i guess. can't wait until next week!

oh, and YTV said beastman was 8'3 and 626 lbs. where did they get this info from? is it the MOTU Encyclopaedia? if so, it's nice to know that somebody at YTV is reading it.
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

Heroic Warrior Accident of Earth's Avatar
    I also just finally saw the episode on YTV. Pan-Man, I was thinking the same thing about the Beastman info.

As far as the actual episode went, I didn't think it was all that bad. References to the continuity (e.g. Hordak's spell, Sorceress' poison, Rattlor/Snakeface being captured, etc.) are always a positive. The snake transformations were a neat twist. Some of the dialogue was good, but the usual foray of contrived retorts was present too.

The worst part was clearly the ending. And no, I'm NOT talking about He-Man throwing the tower into the Eternian star. I'm talking about how they magically warped from the location of the tower back to the village! The tower was NOT part of the village during all the action sequences, but suddenly all our heroes were in the middle of it when they reverted forms, just so we could see Carnivus and crew revert as well. Totally inconsistent and lame!

I don't know where the confusion about the vortex came from. There was clearly a scene in the show where the clouds formed above Hsss's head when he was casting his ring spell.

7/10 overall.

- AoE

Hi PanMan,

Its like you read my mind when you said all those things about Second skin episode. I saw it here in Toronto. The episode is good in my opinion but not very good.

Transformation of heroic warriors into snakemen is cool.
    Although it does not make much sense that Mekaneck turned into snake too. Why you ask? Well I view Mekaneck almost as a cyborg (half human and half robot) Then again he looks more as a robot then human. The only human thing on him is his voice and part of his face. Also how come He-man was not turned into a snakeman? He is human right?
    Those under water armors that Man at Arms made for the masters look just lame
    They explained in this episode why Zodak is excluded from coming back to fight the snakemen. He is in deep meditation or something. What a lame reason to exclude one of the coolest characters
    Orko and Roboto were so good in this episode. Orko most of all in the way he dealt with both Rattlor and Hiss. Orko ruled.
    I agree with you PanMan that it would be easier to just unleash a bunch of giant mongoose on Snakemen and problem would be solved. Such episode could be called "Snakemen getting eaten by giant mongoose"

Originally posted by Stevan
    Also how come He-man was not turned into a snakeman? He is human right?
    Snake armor
    I am fire made flesh, power incarnate, I am.... THE DARK PHOENIX!!!

The fire of the Phoenix burns through lies, you understand? The gaze of the Phoenix is like an x-ray tearing through every self-deception. So burn, Emma.
    Jean Grey, New X-men 139

Yeah, I just saw this today and the ending was hilarious! He-man picks up the entire tower and throws it into the sun. What the? I know he’s the most powerful man in the universe and all but if he’s that strong why doesn’t he just pick up Snake Mountain and hurl it into the sun, or individually toss every villain into deep space?

Originally posted by Tyger
    Yeah, I just saw this today and the ending was hilarious! He-man picks up the entire tower and throws it into the sun. What the? I know he’s the most powerful man in the universe and all but if he’s that strong why doesn’t he just pick up Snake Mountain and hurl it into the sun, or individually toss every villain into deep space?
    Didn't the vacuum created by King Hssss help in the tossing of the spire?
    I am fire made flesh, power incarnate, I am.... THE DARK PHOENIX!!!

The fire of the Phoenix burns through lies, you understand? The gaze of the Phoenix is like an x-ray tearing through every self-deception. So burn, Emma.
    Jean Grey, New X-men 139

Originally posted by Dark_Phoenix
    Didn't the vacuum created by King Hssss help in the tossing of the spire?
    hmmm . . . that's possible.

and the reason why he-man didn't turn into a snake was because hiss didn't want him to. he said "now you will see your friends turn into snakes and serve me . . . hahahahah" or something like that. although i think i saw one of those snakes around him try and bite the shoulder with the big piece of armour, to no avail
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

just sceen this ep, thought it was really good but the ending a bit cheesy.

The bit with mongoose was the funniest MOTU moment ever!

Just seen this episode, and I think that ITV cut the mongoose, probably so that little ****** who comes on before and after the programmes got more time!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!