Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Awaken The Serpent - Official Talkback Thread

The Dark Knight BigDaddy Grayskull's Avatar
    i liked the ep very much, i thought it was awesome.

if this really is the end, then id like to say thank you to MYP, as well as Mattel, for what i believe is currently the best cartoon on television!

id love for us to get many more seasons, but who knows what will happen. (at least just one more with good ol' hordak)

heres wishing the MOTU cartoon the absolute best!
    -BDG
    By The Power of.... BigDaddy!!

"If you will not hear the Truth, no one can tell you."

Batman:YTB Batman...Yesterday, Today and Beyond! Home of the Internet's Biggest and Best website and forum regarding Batman!

.Org Wrestling Discussion WWE,TNA and whatever else youd like to talk about. The absolute greatest discussion forum for wrestling fans.. ever!

"Awaken the Serpent" isn't the best episode I've ever seen, especially for the season finale. I think it's like someone said, they originally planned on producing more episodes and this wasn't the last one. I wish Skeletor would have gotten involved in this episode, especially since we haven't seen him a whole lot this season. I hate how they make him out to be clueless about the SnakeMen and the very stronghold in which he resides. It seems like after "Rise of the Snakemen" he would have been trying to learn everything he could about them, King Hiss, and their powers.
    Oh, Well. Here's hoping there is a season three.

RichardX1
    Is it just me, or did anyone else expect a snake god to be a little more... commanding? I mean, Serpos pretty much acted like a "dumb animal" doing whatever King Hsss told it to.

Other than that, a decent episode. But I wish the series finale could have included Skeletor in a more archvillainous role.

FalconPain
    Originally posted by RichardX1
    Is it just me, or did anyone else expect a snake god to be a little more... commanding? I mean, Serpos pretty much acted like a "dumb animal" doing whatever King Hsss told it to.
    Actually, I was expecting Serpos to be more like Set, the main boss of Rathamon-type Hiss who he's been trying to bring back all this time. I also expected the ending to hint at Mesmi... Evil-Lyn's upcoming plan in preparation for a potential next season that may never arrive.

Ever since Snake Teela turned out to be a plot point rather than backstory, I've been reaching.

Court Magician
    hmmm, it was an Ok episode, i got really excited seeing skeletor again...but then it was the normal blah blah snakemen doing something dumb.. the melted half of eternia...will it be rebuilt the same or different?..i really wanted it to be skeletor who killed king hiss, skeletor has gone head to head with he-man like no other in battle, i think skeletor could take king hiss...
    however this episode did have some back story...snake mountain being the almighty snake god serpos...who woulda thought?...i just figured it was a home for the snakemen at one point..
    i'm really hoping that skeletor comes back, if they do make a season 3. and maybe have hordak come in for a 2 or 3 part episode, but pleaseeee dont keep him there all season... just have him come in, cause trouble WIPE OUT THE REST OF THE SNAKEMEN. and then skeletor and the masters will have no choice but to work together to send hordak back where he came from...then of course skeletor double crosses he-man after they have done so..yadda yadda... kinda like an old episode i remember from the 80's..where the masters and skeletor had to team up for an episode.....anyways if i had to rate this episode 1 out 10...i'd give it a 6, and if i had to rate the season i'd give it a 5... too much of the same thing throughout the whole season... 1st season was great oh, and Zodac knowing adam is he-man? =( ONLY 4 OTHERS SHARE THE SECRET, OUR FRIENDS, THE SORCERESS, MAN -AT -ARMS, ORKO AND ZODAC, TOGETHER WE DEFEND CASTLE GREYSKULL FROM...THE SNAKEMEN? BLAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Eh...up until the commercial break it was awesome, after that though it all went downhill.

Don't you love how they don't explain anything this season? The snake armor? "Oh you'll just randomly look different when you transform." The sword just conveniently opens up at just the right moment? Zodac can just randomly hypnotize things with his tatoos? What? Come on, Dean, put some effort into it or else just let Larry D. write all the episodes!

It's obvious that this isn't the end to the story. I mean, I'm pretty sure they at least have the stories written for more episodes, if they're not animated yet. Remember in WTFWTK 8 where they said there'd be some big surprised after episode 40? This was only episode 39...

The finale of the series has to be a once and for all, no holds barred, He-Man vs Skeletor battle.

If there's not a season 3 (which by God there ****ing better be!!!!), then at least they should make a final movie to bring closure to everything - again, He-Man vs Skeletor, one last time. As much as I'm dying to see Hordak return, the series needs to end with Skeletor. I could live without the Horde so long as Skeletor has his rightful time in the limelight.

This isn't the end. It can't be. I just know it's not.
    Continuing the story from where the new cartoon left off.
    Click here to check out The Continuing Adventures of He-Man!

"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
    -Harvey Dent

Great people to deal with: TRAPPER, Oz-Scott, RacerX, Rmfd79emt, Paugh, vpbpi, Royalt1us, Buffdaddyjk, SpydeR, Dr. Smith, Lord Anubis

I liked it - although the ending was a bit anti-climatic.

Did anyone else get that "Power of grayskull" deja vu-in-a-good-way feeling when He-Man did as King Grayskull (when he fought Hordak) and used "I Have The Power!!!" to lay the smackdown on Serpos?

Also, nothing bad happened to Teela this season although JVS3 said there was to be something (I guess he meant Fisto being revealed to be her daddy LOL).

Asp'r the Contrarian SnakeMenPriest's Avatar
    episode: > >

--SMP
    In Kansas, it is a crime to eat rattlesnake meat in public.
    You are upsetting the blessing of the Snake God. ALL HAIL RATTLOR!!

Check out 2-bad's Original epic: Origins of The SnakeMen!

Two things I forgot to add.

Skeletor should have been the one to take out King Hiss. I absolutely hate the new Zodac! He may as well not exist anymore, because his only purpose in life (to fight King Hiss) is no more.

Also, Shadow, do you by chance have a pic of when Tung Lashor (i think) was holding Teela upside down? Thanks.

"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
    -Harvey Dent

Great people to deal with: TRAPPER, Oz-Scott, RacerX, Rmfd79emt, Paugh, vpbpi, Royalt1us, Buffdaddyjk, SpydeR, Dr. Smith, Lord Anubis

This episode had a few cool moments, but overall it was simply "ho-hum."

The plot really had no moral, lesson, or any kind of redeeming quality. The whole episode was just battle after battle without any heart or soul.

The last battle between the Masters and the Snakemen felt especially anti-climactic since Serpos and Hiss were already defeated.

This season also had a major disappointment because there was no major throw-down between Hiss and He-Man. The two never crossed swords for more than a brief moment, as Zodak got to battle Hiss toe-to-tail in two major battles.

I did like the brief moment in Grayskull where the Sorceress, Zodak, and He-Man are in front of the mystical mirror. It shows a true sense that these Masters are in a league of their own, set apart from He-Man's usual allies.

I do have to say that even though I like the new Sorceress, her part is FAR too limited. I'm sick of her two second (and now quickly becoming generic) warnings to He-Man about "Grave Danger." She says the same line no matter what is going to happen, so it's formulaic and annoying. It's like a cut-n-paste line she says in every other episode. No other Masters has such a tendancy to repeat themselves.(except of course He-man in his transformation)

That said, I think one flaw in the episode was Serpos. He was rather dull. I mean, a giantic three headed snake with NO personality. It felt COMPLETELY generic. I did like his destruction of the Royal Palace, but that event was glossed over so tersely with little build-up or satisfaction.

When the Sorceress tells He-Man that defeating Serpos will be his greatest challenge, I felt disappointed because there wasnt enough set up to how powerful Serpos was. He could have been any monster. Serpos was FAR too generic a creature so his defeat lacked the emotional impact that it should have possessed.

I was happy that the final battle took place with He-Man and the Sorceress against the creature, though. Their special relationship has been completely glossed over in the series, so it was nice to see He-Man relying on the Sorceress's battle plan and magic. I was glad that she was able to stun the Snake god! Go Sorceress!

I think this episode would have been a lot cooler had Skeletor showed up. He was all talk. He had every reason to attack the snakemen, so it would have made sense for him to arrive just in the nick of time to help He-Man. The MYP writer's dropped the ball with this opportunity to pit He-Man and Skeletor against a common foe. What a shame.
    RIP Andy Conrad.

Hordak's Pupil General Stingrad's Avatar
    This just goes to show that the Snakemen are underarted. this CANNOT be the end. Evil-Lyn just doesn't leave plots by the wayside. Hordak will return, He stiil has one place of power left: The abyss of Grayskull, think about it's last place where Hordak ever used his magic and he still has to have some power left there, power that should allow Evil-Lyn to free Hordak and his Evil Horde. Let's be positive, folks.

Let there be Seaosn three
    Etheria will be mine!

Court Magician
    That said, I think one flaw in the episode was Serpos. He was rather dull. I mean, a giantic three headed snake with NO personality. It felt COMPLETELY generic. I did like his destruction of the Royal Palace, but that event was glossed over so tersely with little build-up or satisfaction.

I totally agree, i was thinking Serpos was gonna be some snake in humanoid form, like the rest of the snakemen... they were making it seem as tho Serpos was ALMIGHTY...as if he could destroy Hordak..=/ I HIGHLY DOUBT THAT...
    sorceress should wipe adam being he-man out of Zodac's mind lol
    ughhhh im frustrated, why does it have to end like this?

......or does it?

Originally posted by Tigerburn
    Oh wow, has ANYONE ever slapped the He-man out of Adam??

Yes, the Ram Stone did!

I loved seeing everybody back for the heroes! Kinda left it up in the air as to if this really was the last of the Snakemen.

I hope we have the opportunity to find out!

Oooh, the abyss thing is a good idea, Jeff.

Also, we don't know the full timeline of ancient Eternia. Hordak probably has other places that we don't know about (we never knew about the sanctuary until POG). Remember Evil Lyn said "we keep trying until we get it right." It's going to happen.

So long as Skeletor wins out in the end.

-Harvey Dent

I Love Cringer CringerMyBestFriend's Avatar
    Not the best ep.But it was cool i liked all the battles and stuff.Seeing skeletor again was a +.An Cringer getting some more airtime is always cool.I was in awww when serpos came alive after king hiss used the medallion of serpos.I love seeing the snake men as always rattlor ruless.I really liked when the Sorceress called for zodak he would not answer untill she scearmed ZODAK Bam The tatoo freak was awaken ha ha ha And the chair the chair was there.The sword opened yes!!!

Overall not the best but a another motu cartoon to add to the collection which i'm always thankfull for. Please MYP keep them coming i really hope there will be a season 3 and the horde's return.I know deep down this is not the end

The Story Continues.........Same He-man Time.......Same He-man Channel..........

PS:I to remember that the nameless person said in what fans want to know 8 about season 3 starting with ep 40 so cringer begins to wait.

HORDAK---- "IT IS TIME" HA HA HA HA
    Last edited by CringerMyBestFriend; January 10, 2004 at 10:11pm.
    -" By My Name A Great Hero Will Be Born''-

"My Force's are gathering everything is in place it is time"!!!
    -Hordak-

I really enjoyed the episode...It was action packed, & even thought we saw the Serpos God in the opening credits, I never figured THAT it was actually going to be it. King Hiss is great with his devouring (so unusal for kiddies) and the fact he ate his own head was justice... Zodac (Cosmic Enforcer) knew of He-Man's secret, and it made sense if he is at one with Eternia. We also got to see He-Man sword open & that was HOT..even hotter then seeing Teela's panties while she hung upside down (haven't seen that much of those since the 2nd ep) You be the judge...
    I LOVED it!
    I am hoping that season 3 brings us a promised 13 more...^_^
    ~Jafari Stew

I enjoyed the episode. However, if this is it. If this is the lat one then I will be very upset. It wasn't that great of an episode to be the final one. In fact maybe POG should have been the series finally if that is how it was gonna be. I dunno. We need a strong story for the end of the cartoon.
    Obey the whip! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/ak...smiley-039.gif

Smile like you mean it.

Originally posted by skrapps

I totally agree, i was thinking Serpos was gonna be some snake in humanoid form, like the rest of the snakemen... they were making it seem as tho Serpos was ALMIGHTY...as if he could destroy Hordak..=/ I HIGHLY DOUBT THAT...
    sorceress should wipe adam being he-man out of Zodac's mind lol
    ughhhh im frustrated, why does it have to end like this?

......or does it?
    I agree with you, Skrapps. I expected Serpos to be MUCH cooler. As is, he seemed like a reject from a Godzilla movie.
    RIP Andy Conrad.

I liked the episode more than most people it seems. I really loved the backstory for Snake Mountain. As a season or series finale, though, it didn't wrap anything up. Hopefully, Mattel will have MYP do a third season.

I was thinking about something, though...

Most of the time I read the episode talk-back threads, a majority of people say how average the ep was, or that they didn't like it very much. It seems to be that way a lot.

So, if Mattel is reading these threads (which, based on recent events, it appears they are), and sees that the hardcore fans don't even enjoy the new series most of the time....then I can see them losing interest in keeping the show going.
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

What's this button do? Tigerburn's Avatar
    One other thing I was hoping to see was Snake Skelly! I figured we'd see the Sssqueeze imitator appear either in Second Skin or make a quickie debut in this episode. I really expected Skeletor to be involved in the final Snake battle to some capacity, and to me it would make sense for him to do a little research and cast a spell upon himself that gave him that new armor and snake-head hands for emphasis. Either that or it would have been interesting to have seen Skeletor TRY to interfere and Serpos transform him into that thing, turning him against He-Man and his own men until his defeat, which would undoubtedly undo the spell.
    With chaos comes opportunity.
    Tigerburn's Deviant Art!

Heroic Warrior
    Maybe they had to rush these last two episodes, in order to not end on a cliffhanger?

We already know of the backstory bit that got cut from History. Maybe they had to speed things up to make it all fit.

I wouldn't have had Serpos attack the Royal Palace until the next episode. It appears they were shooting for Serpos to be portrayed as godlike by his destructiveness being akin to a force of nature. He should have had a little more rampaging around villages and so forth.

If this had to be the last episode, they could've done much worse, so I'm not complaining. I just hope it isn't.

Originally posted by RichardX1

Yeah, I thought this as well, RichardX. As a "god" Serpos was a major disappointment. I mean, King Hiss'es big weapon was a giant snake Who does he think he is, Rita Repulsa?
    RIP Andy Conrad.

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    A good episode and okay for a season finale but definatly not a series finale. Which of course I'm hoping it won't be.

*Okay now Fisto joins the ranks of the eaten... how many does that make on this show now?

*About time the sword opened up I was wondering about that

*Wait, Serpos is the God but Hiss controls him?

*For a sec I thought that was Man-At-Arms' helmet there It was just a genaric guard's (though that does indicarte some casulties)

*The whole lava threating the village was apparently just a plot device to explain why He-man shows up late to the battle. Goes into the same category as the Masters finishing Evil Seed's plants in "Orko's Garden" or Marzo beating up the Faceless One in "Council of Evil" Someone ought to write up the "Deleated scenes" as a fan-fic.

*How long is it going to take to rebuild the palace this time?

*there's less of the palace left now then when Skeletor trashed it where is eveyone going to live?

*THEY ATE HIS HEAD!!!! Is Hiss (still refuse to spell it Hsss) dead? Well his body was still twitching... perhaps he can regenerate his lost parts. Tung keeps regrowing his tongue. In the comics Rattlor's tail got cut off...

*Something just occured to me, why weren't the other heads' mouths covered with blood? (Okay so it's a kids show but think about it...)

*Kahn kinda saved Rattlor there didn't he. Think Rattlor will forgive him now? (probably not)

WHAT THE VILLAINS DID WRONG:

*Need I even point out Khan's stupidity with Randor and Fisto?

*The Masters should have been better secured. I mean look how easy Fisto moved to esacpe. Wouldn't you have restrained that big ass hand a little more?

THE "WHAT THE [email protected]#*?!?" MOMENT of "Awaken the Serpent"

Come on Hiss you know how powerful Zodac is. You let him talk you into fighting fair? You're a snake! Who's gonna know if you cheat? Who's going to care? You're a villain CHEAT! And even if you wanted to fight fair didn't you think something was a little odd about Zodac just standing there as you moved in for the kill?

King Hiss: "WHAT THE [email protected]#*?!?"
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

CyberV
    ...HOLY FREAKIN' ****E!

That's what I said 23 times.

Origin of Snake Mountain. Then it comes to life, MELTS THE PALACE, and gives He-Man's snake armor an actual erason to exist.

Zodac knows! Just like the original series!

King Hiss ate his own head! How freaky is THAT?!

I LOVED IT! MAKE MORE SOON!

This was a pretty good episode but I really hope this is not the end of the series. I would have liked to see more of Skeletor and the evil masters if this is THE finale. I liked how He-Man teamed with the Sorceress at the end. I love seeing the Sorceress using some of her great powers. Please let there be more episodes coming.

http://veepers01.budlight.com/servic...0-E3635E514682
    Meow,
    Princess Selina Desire