Mattel has once again provided answers to your questions.
Thanks again to them for taking the time to answer these!
Check out their answers to your Round 155 questions!
This round of questions were selected by DrumMaster.
Thanks to that fan for their help!
1. DrumMaster: When Snake Mountain is offered for preorder, is it possible for MattyCollector to lock in a combined preorder amount for BOTH the playset and shipping? Having a shipping fee that's guaranteed is very helpful for budgeting, especially for international fans who pay a lot for shipping.
That is a great idea and something we will look into when setting the price for the playset. Things are still being worked out for the final price and for the overall set, so we can definitely keep that in mind.
2. Kid Canada: Have you worked on a way to combine all the subscriptions for 2016? When ThunderCats comes out, there will be three separate subs that we know of on Digital River and the ability to combine them would help with the current high shipping costs.
Hopefully we will have something like that worked out. Digital River is an on-going area we are trying to improve for you guys, but it takes time. We are very aware of the burden that shipping creates for multiple items, so we have been discussing ways to try and lighten the load for the fans.
3. FAKER II: Test shots of upcoming 2016 Collector's Choice and Classics 2.0 Filmation figures slipped out on eBay, showcasing a new ankle system to allow for better ankle articulation. While the improved ankle articulation is appreciated, there is fan concern over the elongated boots which make the figures look anatomically incorrect. It also seems that the new ankles will make all the new figures stand slightly taller than previously released figures. Are these new boot designs final or will they be tweaked to improve their appearance?
First off, it's a shame that those made it onto eBay. We cannot comment on the exact version you saw, since we have not seen the pics of what was being sold. Yes, the new ankle articulation is a bit different and we have had some issues in development. But if what you saw was a first shot, then it has been improved since those early versions. The overall range of motion for these new figures is pretty outstanding. And as a line, they will fit in nicely with your collection while also standing out great on their own.
4. Jean: Has any thought been put into how you will be celebrating MOTUC's 10th anniversary in 2018?
At this moment we are still focusing on getting 2017 up and running while finishing 2016. But we hope by 2018, we will still be going strong and we would love to be able to do something huge for MOTUC's 10 year anniversary!
5. AdultCollector: How much longer will Mattel have the rights to produce MOTU and POP Filmation characters as toys?
We have no comment at this time. But check back with us later in the year!
Check out what fans have to say about the answers to the WTFWTK 2.155, as well as find links to all the previous WTFWTK sessions!