Mattel has once again provided answers to your questions.
Thanks again to them for taking the time to answer these!
Check out their answers to your Round 160 questions!
This round of questions were selected by MaxGoof.
Thanks to that fan for their help!
1. tumalu: It was suggested that the Collector's Choice sub was scaled down to six monthly figures this year (excluding extras) in order to test the actual demand from the fans. Since we were told that the 2016 sub sold 75% more than its minimum goal, will we go back to a twelve-figure sub in 2017?
The 2016 subscriptions were a great success. They had amazing new figure offers and great subscribers that made possible bringing everything to reality. For 2017, we want to continue the good work. In fact, we want to deliver better work. And in order to do so, we will continue the same format for MOTU as in 2016 (six bi-monthly figures plus a subscription exclusive figure). For Thundercats in 2017, we are adding two figures. So it will also be six bi-monthly figures plus a subscription exclusive figure. This does not account for any other release such as chase items, semi-annual items, convention exclusives, etc.
2. krosfyah: I like the three Horde Trooper heads that come with General Sunder. But releasing them that way is not good for army builders, nor did we get General Sunder's unhelmeted head. Would you consider releasing a trooper head-pack for those who wish to have an army of aqua troopers, new DC52 troopers, or vintage troopers, without having to resort to buying a lot of General Sunder figures?
At this point in time General Sunder is pretty much done, and will come with those heads. But there is definitely potential for the release of a Horde Trooper head pack in the future, now that those heads have been created. We would probably offer more than just three heads. So if there is something else you'd like to add, let us know.
3. MaxGoof: We were told that the non-articulated Cringer figure released with Queen Marlena was a placeholder until Mattel could give us an articulated Cringer. It's been five years now and an articulated Cringer still has yet to be released. Do you have an update on this figure?
It's in the works. We promise.
4. mjw41: There was a post on MattyCollector.com on February 2nd informing fans that you have heard us loud and clear on the ankle joints and that the ThunderCats figures will not receive the same ankles as the Club Grayskull Filmation figures. The post also stated that you are currently working very hard on improving the current ankle joints on the Club Grayskull line. So will anything be done to improve the current ankle joints coming with Skeletor & Beast Man, and are there plans to re-release He-Man with improved ankles?
We are still working on getting all of those improvements made where we can. We are doing as much as we can for Skeletor and Beastman, and most definitely the rest of the characters. If we have re-release of He-Man, you can for sure expect it to have revised ankles.
5. Scorpia: Many fan-demanded Filmation characters come from the Filmation She-Ra series. There are also a lot of female Filmation characters still unreleased, despite their popularity with a number of fans. Where does Mattel stand on Filmation female characters that have, so far, been left out of the MOTU Classics roster?
We agree that there are still many great female characters we would love to release. We plan on bringing what we can into the line.
Check out what fans have to say about the answers to the WTFWTK 2.160, as well as find links to all the previous WTFWTK sessions!