Mattel has once again provided answers to your questions.
Thanks again to them for taking the time to answer these!
Check out their answers to your Round 130 questions!
This round of questions were selected by sirsniffy.
Thanks to that fan for their help!
1. Jest-or: Since the development cycle takes 18 months or more, is there already a plan on the table to unveil something new at a future SDCC Mattypalooza panel for possible 2016 MOTUC release?
2016 is being reviewed over the next few weeks/months. With the 2015 sub just barely squeaking by, we simply cannot comment on 2016 at this time. But we are starting to look over possibilities.
2. Haephestus: With the emphasis on completing the vintage, non-variant PoP action figures (as opposed to beasts) in 2015, is there still a chance that Storm or Clawdeen will be released in 2015, especially since they would be able to utilize existing bucks/tools?
Always a chance. We will just have to wait and see if they made the cut or not!
3. No-Ah: I wanted to ask about the possibility of seeing 2.0 versions of defective MOTUC figures. Roboto, Green Goddess, and Snout Spout in particular seem to be disintegrating just a few years after being sold. If the line continues into 2016 or even 2017, would you consider it a priority to create new versions of these three problematic figures?
We would definitely consider exploring 2.0 versions of older characters should there be 2016 line. But at this point it is way to early to comment with 2015 just barely making it as is.
4. InspectorZartan: Presuming we get similar product in 2016, some fans are not interested in rebranding (like a "Signature" type line) and instead want the same packaging and continuation of the Classics name and story. To who do we direct our preferences about this issue?
At this point it is way to early to comment on anything for 2016, but without a doubt if there is a 6" line we will go with a new package look and brand name. We understand not every fan wants this, but that is one factor we have already legally promoted and will follow through on.
5. Bonehead: If there is no 2016 line, will the bios be released that were written for characters we never got?
Potentially but no plans at this time. Essentially 2016 is way to far off and 2015 just barely made it, so it is extremely early to comment on anything beyond 2015 at this time.
Check out what fans have to say about the answers to the WTFWTK 2.130, as well as find links to all the previous WTFWTK sessions!